November 2015 Moms
Options

Pajama Time!

DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
edited April 2016 in November 2015 Moms
I have a question....we've been cutting charlottes pjs on the side-a little slit to pull her tube through. We were taping it around the front and putting it between her third and fourth snaps on her one piece pajamas, but now she's rolling onto her belly and prefers that ALL the time. She's always been a belly kid due to reflux, but now she can get there herself. So, now the tube attachment piece would be pushing on her belly if we didn't cut the slit to slip it out the side. We have to keep it taped to her so it doesn't wrap her neck at night. Anyway, lol, my question is, when did you, do you, will you start 2 piece pjs? Those would be easier for Charlotte and her tube-we could just tape her tube to her side and run it out the bottom of the fitted shirt. And by 2 piece, I mean the fitted shirt and pants ones. Thanks ladies!!

Re: Pajama Time!

• Options
    DS was on a heart monitor for the first 4 mo of his life. I used the snap jammies because I could pull the cords through the space in between the snaps. I don't see why it would be an issue to put her in 2 piece jammies. As long as they are snug so they don't ride up when she's sleeping. 
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    Given the situation, if it were me I'd probably make the move to two piece jammies right now for the practicality of it. For us I'm probably going to keep him in his footie PJs until he has the ability to voice an opinion on clothes cause I just think they're so darn cute. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have alreay started using 2 piece pjs mostly because i found the most adorable monster pjs 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This will be much easier!!
  • Options
    I agree with posters for your situation I would just do it, just keep an eye on her the first few times(put them on during th day) make sure she's not pulling them up. When DD wears a bib she'll pull it up and cover her face so i wouldn't be doing 2 pieces yet.
  • Options
    We do wear them lounging around the house, and they creep up her tummy a little, but she can't get them into her mouth because they are too tight. But I was still a little worried about the creeping! She has a big belly! Hahaha
  • Options
    We use 2 piece on occasion. He doesn't seem to mind it as long as his diaper comes over the top of the elastic pants. He doesn't like the way the elastic feels on his skin.
  • Options
    We have two pairs of two piece Jammies. Most the time she wears them on the weekend when we are doing lazy sunday. We haven't had any issues , she's so chubby they cling to her lol

• Options
    Tracy1111Tracy1111 member
    edited April 2016
    We've used the 2 piece pj's, but he sleeps in a grobag sleeping bag, this clips under his armpits and there is no way anything could ride up over his face. 
  • Options
    If you're worried about the shirt riding up, sew some buttons on the top of the pants/bottom of shirt. Best of both worlds. If you don't know how to sew, maybe someone you know does or someone from your church. The little old ladies would eat that up at my church.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JLW0504 said:
    If you're worried about the shirt riding up, sew some buttons on the top of the pants/bottom of shirt. Best of both worlds. If you don't know how to sew, maybe someone you know does or someone from your church. The little old ladies would eat that up at my church.
    You could also buy an inexpensive kit from walmart to add snaps.  I can sew a button back on, but have no experience making a button hole. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    LimieLimie member
    We use two piece jammys. They are made snug.  We call them big boy jammys cause they make him look too grown. Lol