TTC After a Loss

GTKY: TTCAL edition

2»

Re: GTKY: TTCAL edition

• @Aera11 - they are adorable!
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Haha well the one was potty trained @LCRbelle but we've had a set back since we added the girl; I think it's marking of the territory...we bought a cheap DustBuster from target & it's amazing! Could you litter train your hedgehog? thanks @catiecatp!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Aera11 Ehhh maybe?? But it's hard to do too much with him because he hurts to pick up lol
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    edited April 2016
    You should google rabbit litter training @LCRbelle, it was pretty easy so maybe he'd do it? Rabbits are so much smarter (and cheekier) than I expected!
  • @Aera11 thanks! I actually just googled hedgehog litter training and people actually do it!  He's not exactly tame right now but I'm thinking of giving it a try!
  • @shae86, The Office and Parks and Rec are always on at our house, too! I've watched The Office through from start to finish 3 times in about 2 years.

@Hexie, Ask a Manager is a great blog!

I'm obviously not TTC yet since I'm waiting for my D&C, but I need a new place to hang out. I was pretty into the N16 board, and I'm feeling like I need to be somewhere that people understand what I'm going through. So I'm gonna jump in...

1. Where are you living these days?  Central PA. I was in Pittsburgh for 8 years and moved back in November. Loving it so far and it's great to be surrounded by family again.

2. Do you have any fur babies? Tell us about them!  We have a pit bull/bull mastiff mix who's almost 8 years old. She has a lot of health problems now, but she's been doing pretty great lately. Loving life lying out in the sun all day.

3. What do you do during your days (work, volunteer, etc.)? I'm an interface analyst on medical records (IT junk), but I love being outdoors. Hiking is my passion, and I also rock climb, canoe, and bike. H is a summer camp director so we spend a lot of time there, too.

4. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?  Colorado, oddly enough. We've been wanting to go for years. If I'm not pregnant this fall, this might finally be the year. 

5. What are you watching (Netflix, Hulu, good ol' TV etc.)?  Just finished the 2nd season of Fixer Upper on Netflix. I'm not watching any series at the moment, but I'm curious about the new show on Hulu called The Path. It might be too intense, though.

6. What are you reading (magazines, books, blogs)?  I'm reading Grandma Gatewood's Walk about the woman who hiked the AT at the age of 67 in 1955. Then she went on to do it 2 more times. I'm mildly obsessed with the AT and my dream is to thru-hike it someday. 

I also started reading this blog yesterday: https://twelveweeketernities.wordpress.com/. The woman's story is so similar to mine (2 consecutive miscarriages: 1 natural after blighted ovum and 1 D&C). It's been helpful to read someone else's story. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @knns1988 Hello, I'm very sorry for your losses. I hope your stay hanging with us is short and offers from healing. I LURVEEEE pitties. They're banned here in Ontario, so fighting against breed specific legislation is a pet cause of mine.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @kns1988, so sorry you find yourself here. This is a nice place though, if you have to be here. Thanks for the blog recommendation, it makes this whole process seem much less isolating.
  • @kns1988 - welcome to the boards, I'm sorry for your loss
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1. Where are you living these days?
    South Texas

2. Do you have any fur babies? Tell us about them!
    Yes. We have a dwarf cat that we adopted from my parents ranch. We did not know he was a dwarf car when we got him. 

3. What do you do during your days (work, volunteer, etc.)? Mostly work I'm a teacher and a coach (high school) I like sewing and recently bought an embroidery machine. I'm thinking about starting an Etsy shop, but I haven't decided yet.

4. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
    Everywhere I haven't been, I love traveling. If I ever win the lottery that's what I would do with all the money. 

5. What are you watching (Netflix, Hulu, good ol' TV etc.)? Whatever is on really. DH and I are excited for Game of Thrones to come back on, we also watch Quantico on Sunday's and we also watch Amazing Race. 

6. What are you reading (magazines, books, blogs)? 
    Social media, it's my guilty pleasure. Also student papers, looking forward to some reading this summer 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • reneeannemm, breed specific legislation makes me rage-y! The way it's enforced is barbaric, and I can't stand that people think pit bulls are any more dangerous than any other dog. It's so backwards. Glad to hear you fight against it.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19.