Let's talk exercise — The Bump
Secondary IF

Let's talk exercise

So I would consider myself to be in shape... Sometimes more than others.  I am in my to week wait and got blood done today to test progesterone tested.  I needed to do a supplement because my levels weren't ideal.  I read that a possible is cause of low progesterone levels.  I have been doing Shaun T's T25 with some modifications to cut down on high impact. What is a good routine?!?  In concerned my working out is contributing to my low levels.  Would like to do more than just walk but will do that if that's what it takes.  Any experience with this? TIA

Re: Let's talk exercise

• I'm curious as well, as I had low levels but no one told me to stop working out. I run and weight lift 3-5x a week. My levels seem to fluctuate though when I'm in the 2ww. Keep me posted if you ask around!
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
    Kath4156
  • Okay. So I would venture to guess that unless your period has ever been effected by your exercise routine - in that you worked out so much it went away - your exercise level is not going to effect your progesterone levels enough to worry.  I think moderate exercise (which does not effect levels) is like 3+ hours a week of strenuous activity. Depending on your pace and how often you run, even if you just slow it down a bit, you should be lessening your levels enough to be fine. 

I have never done T25, but a bunch of the other videos out there. There get your heart rate up, but if you only did T-25 5 times a week, you are still under the definition of moderate activity.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
    Kath4156
  • Loading the player...
  • Obviously not a Dr, but if you are concerned enough about it, or the supplements aren't helping, make sure you bring that up with your RE>

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
    Kath4156