August 2016 Moms
Options

What are you naming your baby?

sourpatchkidssourpatchkids member
edited April 2016 in August 2016 Moms
I guess I should first introduce myself....I have been around the bump block a few times now and my last time ended in miscarriage. It was a rough year but towards the end we felt called to adopt and God quickly opened doors for us and at the beginning of March we were matched! We have known for several weeks now that LO is a boy. We only like Wyatt Joel, but for some reason I'm not in love with it...though it is growing on me. Big brothers are Brady Michael and Nolan Jacob and I LOVE their names. I just need inspiration! So if you have a name picked out, please post it!

Also, yes, my screen name was made back in 2009 (or 10?) to give mamas pregnancy cravings and I'm curious to see if it still works ;)
Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)

Re: What are you naming your baby?

• Options
    We are team green so we have two names picked out. Although most people don't dig our names... we love them though and have been sold on them. Atom Davis for a boy and Rhea Florence for a girl
  • Options
    We like Nixon and Jasper for a boy but have no middle name yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AmandaG225AmandaG225 member
    edited April 2016
    We are having a BOY & his middle name will definitely be James after my dad and as the first name we like Andrew, Connor & Jacob.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We finally decided on Gabriel David. Gabriel wasn't even on our list but I've always loved the name so I'm glad we finally decided on that one. David is after both of our grandfathers who have passed away. 
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    We don't decide until the hospital but we're having a boy and we're strongly considering Shane Alexander. Alexander is my brother's name. I love him and the name so it's a win-win.

(Big sisters are Aubrey Noel and Ella Nicole)
  • Options
    Congrats! How exciting! I love the name Wyatt. I think It goes well with Nolan and Brady.

We just found out we are having a girl and are naming her Aria Noelle.

Our boy name would have been Abraham Will. We chose Abraham because my husband and his dad also have Hebrew "A" names. Will was going to be a way to honor our paternal grandfathers Willard and William. 

Aria Noelle has no family ties, we just liked it. I think girl names are so hard! I wanted something feminine that didn't sound too cutsey. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    We're 95% sure we're going with Levi Thor. Thor after my great grandpa's middle name thorvald, which was his dad's name, and my middle name is after my great grandpa's mom. Our second choice name is Jack.
  • Options
    karaszoo1karaszoo1 member
    edited April 2016
    We're having our first girl and her name is Isabelle Ann first name is my great grandmother's name and middle name is my fav aunt and her severely handicapped daughter's middle name. They are the strongest most resilient courageous women I know and I can only hope to raise a daughter like them.
    Older brothers names are Brian Thomas and James Orion (he's a III) (the orion is pronounced or-E-on. NOT or-I-on like the constellation lol) 
    Edited because I hate when people pronounce jimmys middle name wrong lol
  • Options
    acciobaby123acciobaby123 member
    edited April 2016
    We're having a girl so she will be Maisie Christine, but if we were having a boy he would be named Edison James
    Edited because I can't spell :) 
  • Options
    My girl is gonna be Coraline Lily. We haven't actually said that's the name yet, but DH already calls her by name, so I guess the decision has been made.
  • Options
    We're having a girl and her name will be Michaela Rae (Michael is a very significant family name so we took the feminine version and Rae is my middle name). But our boy name was going to be David Rory (fifth generation David after DH). He would have gone by Rory.
  • Options
    We're most likely going with Harrison Tackle  (nn Tack) or Sawyer Preyton (after my 2 brothers Preston and Clayton; definitely not Peyton as everyone will think we named him after Sean Payton or Peyton Manning because of where we live). Harrison is DHs middle name. We'll probably make the final decision when he is born and we see what name suits him better. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Leaning towards Evelyn Anne
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lydiadiane  That is our DD's name! Love it.

We are having a second girl and she will be Dorothy May after both my husband's grandmother and my god mother.

• Options
    We are having our first baby girl and her name is going to be Elliana LeeYami, we picked Elliana since it means our God has answered since last year i had a miscarriage this pregnancy has been just a blessing, and LeeYami its both of our middle names combined DH middle name is Lee and Mine is Yamilet but we cut short to Yami in my family. If we would have had a boy it would have been Ezra Isaac, Ezra because i thought was cute and means help or helper and Isaac for his dad who passed away and my little brother's name as well.
  • Options
    Not sure what the gender is yet.. but for a girl the name will be Adeline Marie or Adalyn Marie.. and for the boy the name will be Carmelo Carter or  Carmelo Santana. I'm finding out the gender in 4 hours!! I'm nervous but will keep everyone updated... not sure if I want a gender reveal party or not.. Might do one for my nursing class.
  • Options
    JEMNJEMN member
    I think we are pretty set on the first name Henry. We need an E middle name (E for my husbands grandfather) I like Easton, but my husband isn't sold on it. So any other E middle name suggestions for Henry are appreciated! 
  • Options
    JEMN said:
    I think we are pretty set on the first name Henry. We need an E middle name (E for my husbands grandfather) I like Easton, but my husband isn't sold on it. So any other E middle name suggestions for Henry are appreciated! 
    Eric
    Evan
    Edward
    Elwin

That's what I could think of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    So my top choices were William and Andrew.  William is out since that's DH's uncle and you're not supposed to name babies after people who are still living in his religion, and Andrew is his current boss's name and he immediately said no to that waaaah.  But then we were both sitting together and said Nicholas at the same time so we're thinking that might be it - so far we haven't changed out minds.  We like classic traditional names.  Our daughter is Charlotte - chosen when we got married way before the name took off in popularity because someone who attended our wedding as a guest had the name Charlotte and I was like YES!  if we ever have a baby girl lol.  His middle name is still undecided but I'm sort of leaning toward using my maiden name as his middle name - kinda sound like Oglethorpe - so it's a little nontraditional but DH actually suggested it and it's growing on me.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options

Oliver Robert -

Oliver is a family name for DH going back about 400 years, and Robert was my grandfather's name.

• Options

At this rate, Baby Boy Williams.

We have a middle name--Robert--but haven't made any progress on a first name.  And husband is in no hurry.  We finally nailed down a nursery theme a week ago... one thing at a time!

• Options
    JEMN said:
    Edward
    Edwin
    Emmett
    Elton

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Her first name will be Elizabeth. We're still going back and forth on a middle name.
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    @JLyn821 DDs name is Elizabeth Janelle, janelle is my mom and sisters middle name. We have a short last name so I didn't mind the 2 long names. 
  • Options
    @Lynnlove28 - our last name is 9 letters and so we want to keep it short and preferably one syllable. I'm pushing for Mae as it was my grandmother's middle name. DH likes Ann because it's his grandmother and mother's middle name. I'm not a fan of Ann at all. He is meh on Mae. We'll see what happens.

I'm hoping he'll come around on Mae since Elizabeth, a name I've loved forever, also happens to be his other grandmother's middle name. ;)
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    megframe16megframe16 member
    edited April 2016
    I use to love Elodie but then my sister named her daughter Eliana and calls her Ellie and our friends due around the same time announced they are naming their daughter Ellie.. So I just feel it's too common in our circle to go with. I just can't seem to find a ton of names I actually like!
  • Options
    We are naming our baby James andrew! 
  • Options
    Love reading all of these. We don't like to make any hard decisions until baby is here (girl this time around), but the big favorite right now is Judith aka Judy. We like to have a formal name, and then have a nickname that has that y ending (or just that long e sound). We currently have a Lily and a Bobby. 

We we are still stuck on middle names, as I'd prefer it to be 1 syllable because of a lengthy last name. But so far I like Fawn, Fern, or Ruth. 
  • Options
    Stefan Bujo. A name from each of his grandfathers.
    Married - 4/7/07
    Son #1- 2/15/08
    Son #2- 8/18/10
    Baby 3 due 8/8/16
  • Options
    We are expecting our third girl.  We are naming her Mackenzi Lee.  Lee is my dad's middle name and we have used family names for our other two daughters middle names as well. Big sisters are Brooklyn Marie and Aaliyah Rose. Our favorite names for a boy would have been Noah and Bryce. 
  • Options
    This will be our second girl.  Her name will be Iris Aurora or Hazel Grace.  Big sister is Cecily Lucia.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    @JLyn821 I think that's cute! My mom calls DD Ellie Mae. 
  • Options
    @Fremdschamen Iris Aurora is beautiful!
  • Options
    My nieces name is EllyMae.  I call her Elly. My first thought when I found out her name was The Beverly hillbillys (Elly Mae clampet)
  • Options
    We decided on Camden Cass with the NN Cam. 
  • Options
    Right now, we're leaning towards Maxwell Rhys 
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• Options
    Peter James for us.
    DH and I always joked when we dated if we ever had a son we would name him Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne because DH loves comics. 3 years later pregnant with baby boy and I can't do Peter Parker. DD is Lilly-Kate Michelle, so I feel like Peter James fits nicely with the rest of us. DH middle name is James and Michelle is my middle name. Guess we've got a bit of a pattern going. 
  • Options
    We're having a girl EDD Aug 2nd and keeping her name a secret from out friends and family. Most people have their opinions and we really like her name, so want to hold it close and free from comments. lol. It's exciting to share it here and finally share it w someone. Her name will be Kidaya (first) Rey/Rae (middle). We haven't decided on the spelling of her middle name as each spelling means something different. Happy to get that off my chest. Beautiful name choices Aug Moms!!
  • Options
    @tere6807 how is Kidaya pronounced?