Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What in the actual F!? Wednesday (WTF Wednesday)

2»

Re: What in the actual F!? Wednesday (WTF Wednesday)

• Options
    linzrunz said:
    @mrsdee15 She has an overall immature demeanor so I'm pretty sure she missed LOTS of preschool lessons. I could go on and on about them. But she definitely took it way too far. 

ugh.... trapped in the quote box.... sigh
    @linzrunz the bolded is the understatement of the week lol I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with that mess. How's you migraine?
    @ladystinson Total understatement!  Migraine is lingering but it's bearable.  Thanks for checking in.  :)

@lcsrva and @PepperAT Pretty sure that's what she'll do.  Pretend like it never happened.  Last year she stopped acknowledging my existence because DH and I separated for a couple months to try to work on our marriage.  Even after he moved back in, she never really treated me the same.  Then all of a sudden, we're totes besties.  Texts me all the time.  Invites me to things.  Pays for dinner.  It makes me wonder if Sunday's events stemmed from unprocessed feelings from last year.  Either way, she's a child and I really have no desire to work through this at all.

@sLass42 I just about unfriended her on FB when I saw her post.  I'm pretty sure she thinks I deserved it, even if she knows she shouldn't have done it.  She has no clue what boundaries are.

@oldersis That's good to know.  I'll take a look.  Couldn't hurt to lurk.  Thanks!

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    @PepperAT that made me LOL. I used to work at a bank for like 5 minutes in my very early twenties and a guy used to come in and ask for his money by saying the name of the President on the bill. I would always pray I wouldn't get him because after the small bills I never knew who was on what bill lol. I also find that banking is like the worst thing to work in because you're dealing with other people's money and that instantly makes people rude/anxious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited April 2016
    sldp123 said:
    @ladystinson sorry you have to deal with such a TW of a co-parent. I hope the situation improves for you soon.

My WTF is pretty petty and meaningless compared to that and some of the awful things from TW Tuesday, but I'll vent anyway. We listed our current house for sale on Monday, and yesterday the hot water heater started leaking and needs to be replaced. This was only about two weeks after we replaced the heating elements and the guy told us that we could probably get five more years out of the tank. So now we are basically buying a new hot water heater for someone else since we are moving in less than two months. WTF water heater? You couldn't have lasted a few more months?
    Hey, make it a selling point: brand new water heating system! 

Edited for sp
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so I was just lurking on glow to pass the time and someone actually asked if it was okay to smoke Marijuana while pregnant. And then people responded by telling her it was fine because "they know people who smoked their entire pregnancy and the baby turned out 100% fine "

Ummmm WHAT!

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    MamaMunn said:
    Ok so I was just lurking on glow to pass the time and someone actually asked if it was okay to smoke Marijuana while pregnant. And then people responded by telling her it was fine because "they know people who smoked their entire pregnancy and the baby turned out 100% fine "

Ummmm WHAT!
    I SAW THAT.  Did you see the post where someone said they summoned a demon and didn't know what to do? It was up yesterday.  I wish I'd taken a picture.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MommyForTheFirstTime that is truly the creepiest Internet hug gif!
  • Options

@MommyForTheFirstTime - I feel like you are my TTC spirit animal. I am such a planner and have told DH the exact same thing about wanting to buy things now as opposed to later to reduce costs. It just makes more sense to me since we'll have kids, whether naturally or through a different route.

My WTF is a girl that is on a local military wives FB group I'm part of. A couple of days ago, this girl posted asking if anyone ever missed their period by one day, had weird symptoms but a negative pregnancy test and was still pregnant. Uh, what? I responded that if there is enough HCG to exhibit symptoms, there is enough to turn a test and instead she likely ovulated later than normal and asked if she was recently stressed, sick, etc. She responded with no, nothing unusual but she knew “plenty of others who had symptoms and didn’t have a positive test and were still pregnant, lol”.

Right. Of course you do.

I figured you can’t fight all the crazies and left it. But now she won’t stop posting every-effing-day on the site about this! Yesterday was basically asking the same thing and today's post: "Can any ladies share with me what their implantation bleeding was like (if had any) was it light, heavy, red, brown, pink?"

kill me kill me now just kill me ryan reynolds tired

GIVE IT UP LADY. FOR REALZ.

• Options
    @MamaMunn & @mrsdee15 For real?! I've never seen Glow before...I can't believe post things like that. That's insane!  I hate it when I accidentally summon a daemon. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 hahah I saw that! I wanted to screenshot to share here, but wasn't sure if that was getting into warning territory or not. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but I didn't participate yesterday and this morning I got the most WTF moment I've had at work so far. I'm shaking from caffeine and rage.

I work in an academic library. We don't normally have all staff meetings but when we do, they're usually morning meetings. We were told about today's (Thursday) non-mandatory meeting on March 10th, with no second reminder after that until late yesterday (Wednesday) after many had gone home for the day. 

Cue me, having had sleeping problems for the whole week and not sleeping at all last night, coming in early to get my 8 hours in early and done with since we have flexible hours, not remembering we have that meeting. Boss tells me and other early-bird coworker (who has a paid music room booked for his band during the meeting time, and has had it booked since January) that we MUST go to the meeting even though it doesn't fall within his normal working hours and I've been up for 48 hours.

What. The. F.

Do you understand that I'm falling asleep as it is boss? That I'll be falling asleep in the meeting and therefore won't retain any of it anyways? Do you understand that my coworker and his whole band put down tons of money to book this recording studio and that it was booked two months before we were even notified of this meeting?

WTF.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    @PaukMeKiande I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with that! I know how frustrating it can be to sit in meetings when you have more important things to do (like sleep!) Here's hoping the time passes quickly and your survive it ok.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    MamaMunn said:

Ummmm WHAT!
    I'm pretty sure that person has posted on TB, and was back on here with another ludicrous post about a month ago...

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker