1st Trimester

Pregnancy Tests: Postives then a Negative?

I started testing with this baby at 10 DPO and got three positive tests. My hubby accidentally threw them out before we got a picture. I thought I'd re-test this morning, at 3 days after my expected period, just for picture purposes and got a negative test! Has anyone had this happen to them before? Should I be worried? I never tested with my daughter until I was 5 1/2 weeks along so I didn't really have this issue. I haven't had any bleeding or cramping so I definitely haven't had my period or lost the baby.

Re: Pregnancy Tests: Postives then a Negative?

• Contact your OB. That's the only way to know for sure what is going on... See if they would like to do beta draws to see where your numbers stand. 

At home tests can vary in strength/sensitivity depending on the brand and the dilution of your urine could have affected them as well. 

However, to be realistic, the positives you received could have been false or you could be having a chemical pregnancy where the hcg levels are beginning to fall. Good luck and i hope it all goes well.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Are they all the same brand? Some tests are less sensitive than others, so say if your positives were from a FRER and the negative was a digital, it could be that it just wasn't sensitive enough, although I would guess you'd be able to turn a digital by now. Or either could be a bad batch or something- the new FRERs with the curved handles are notorious for evaps that look very much like positives. Or unfortunately it could be a chemical pregnancy.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd suggest trying another test (from a different batch or use a different brand) to see if you get another negative.