July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby fall!

My LO just fell off the changing table! He's fine - landed in the laundry basket on his back. He was a little startled and half cried for about 30 seconds so I'm sure he's good, but I feel so awful! He's sooo fast now!

Tell me about your parenting fails so I know I'm not alone!

Re: Baby fall!

• Options
    I laid my sleeping LO on the love seat so I could clean up dog puke and I heard a thump them crying. He rolled off the love seat. He was fine but I felt pretty bad. He's also fallen down my bathroom steps a few times cause I can't get to him fast enough. It's only two steps I think it scares him more than anything.  He's had a few bruises but he just hits his head on everything these days. 
  • Options
    LO has also rolled off the couch. I felt awful and he was fine but it definitely startled him. Also he has fallen over from sitting and hit his head on the hardwood floor. we have those foam puzzle pieces but he magically misses them everytime!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awwh! Tough cookies!!! So funny last night I dreamed my little one fell, I guess because I have the fear of him Falling. 
  • Options
    My baby boy fell off my bed, I felt HORRIBLE and cried. Thank God he landed on a cushioned blanket and only cried a bit but only because he got a bit scared. My parents bought a bed rail the next day! Also we just came from vacationing in Miami and he fell from the bed :( unfortunately we didn't have a bed rail, but for the rest of the night I didn't take my arms off him. Thank God we are back home now!! Don't feel bad, accidents happen. I'm glad your little one is fine! Just give your little one extra cuddles and kisses and hugs!! 
  • Options
    Our daughter fell off the bed and couch. She just kept moving after haha babies are pretty durable ;)
  • Options
    Awe it does happen and you're definitely not alone! My husband put our baby boy on the bed and I was just coming out of our bathroom from a shower he needed to pee so we swapped a quick kiss and I was gonna get our son my back was to the bed and jist before I could turn to swap with hubby after the kiss I felt something sliding down the back of my leg and then a sound I thought it was the dog nope it was our little man he went from a vertical position into a horizontal and rolled off the bed in a matter of 5 seconds. He landed on his tummy and made kinda like a wind knocked out of me sound a half cry for 5 seconds I had scooped him up and was bawling my eyes out and hubby felt so bad too kept.telling me it wasn't my fault he should have handed him to me. He was fine now he crawled everywhere and and can stand up so he bonks on things and tumbles the fall off the bed was nothing more like a scare for him and a nervous breakdown for me lol and a sad moment for hubby. This happened a while ago when he learned to roll as a form of crawling. 

There will be many more bps and bruises along the way especially with a little boy they can sometimes be rougher when playing lol. 
  • Options
    Mine fell off the bed onto hardwood floors. I felt horrible....still do. I even knew it would happen one day. I used to put him in the back corner of my bed (it's in the corner of the room) all the time and he crawled right off this time. Hit his head on the nightstand on the way down. Now, I always put him on the floor or in a walker. Glad to know I'm not alone! 
  • Options
    The day i was scared for this to happen to me with my son happened today.. Left him by the wall went to the bathroom heard a loud noise and it was him on the floor he landed face down. He wouldnnt stop crying. He has a little bump on his forehead but now he is acting like nothing happened.
  • Options
    The day i was scared for this to happen to me with my son happened today.. Left him by the wall went to the bathroom heard a loud noise and it was him on the floor he landed face down. He wouldnnt stop crying. He has a little bump on his forehead but now he is acting like nothing happened.
    Oh no mama, I'm sorry, I'm glad your baby boy is doing better! I learned my lesson, and now I leave him on the floor or put him in his walker. They are so fast in a second anything can happen. Give him extra hugs and kisses mama and Thank God he is okay! Lots of hugs to you both! :smile: 
  • Options
    My LO fell off the bed on too my dogs bed twice in one week in the middle of the night. :( The first time it startled her and she cried but the second time I scooped her up so fast she almost didn't hit the dog bed lol