January 2016 Moms

Winning Wednesday

who or what is winning today
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Winning Wednesday

• My DH is winning! He has really stepped up to help out with DD2, especially while I work overnights. He gets up with her, texts me a report and then they both go back to sleep. He has bronchitis, tonsillitis, and a sinus infection. Also he is winning because he finally has more normal labs by taking extra care of himself by getting extra vitamin D and calcium.
    I work 10pm to 7pm. I love my work and my new patient!
    Now if the lawyer can get the legal stuff fixed soon! I'm sure it will all happen! Yays!
  • Last night Violet slept in her crib all night. Instead of waking up every 2 hours screaming her head off, she woke up every 2 hours kicking her feet. She did go back down easy. It wasn't great, but it's progress!
  • Loading the player...
  • I took our dog, Lou Lou, to the vet today and LO slept the entire time! Plus Lou Lou is getting the hang of walking next to the stroller without getting all tangled up :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH took LO when she woke up this morning for 3 hours. I got to sleep completely uninterrupted! It was amazing. I actually feel rested.
  • My parents and I were able to completely clean, pack up, and move 2 rooms to our new house today! Progress! Hallelujah... maybe this move will actually happen! 
  • On a whim I decided to swaddle LO with arms in, even though she normally hates/fights it so much it's not worth it.  I fed her half of what she eats normally, so she was a bit drowsy, and managed to get it on without too many tears.   Aaaaand she's been sleeping for over an hour!!!  This is the first time in I don't know how many days.  (I seriously have no idea, I think the sleep deprivation is breaking my brain.)  Anyway, this is my new strategy and a huge victory for this sleep deprived mama!
  • l4rkl4rk member
    We went to the pool for the first time this evening and LO was great in he water!  One of the lifeguards told me that he saw me holding her head and floating her through the water, and that it's one of the best things to do to prep them for swimming lessons because kids who aren't used to that sensation can have a tough time. I thought he was about to lecture me so having him praise me instead was such a nice feeling!  
  • LO took a decent nap for the first time since Saturday and just slept for 5 hours.  Not his best, but so much better than the 2-3 he'd been doing the past few nights.