February 2016 Moms
Options

Birth control- mini pill

Has anyone been on the mini pill??? I heard some terrible things about it and I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience??

Re: Birth control- mini pill

• Options
    I was on it with my other two kids and about to go back on it again. I had no issues at all with it.  What were the terrible things you heard? Just curious
  • Options
    I was on it with DD and now and I've never had or heard of any problems with it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started it after this LO and haven't had any problems yet. It's been about 2.5 weeks 
  • Options
    Ok great! My best friend got very emotional and moody on it and had to get off it. She has been on the pill before but just had an issue with this one.  Does it take time to be effective like regular birth control? 
  • Options
    Ok great! My best friend got very emotional and moody on it and had to get off it. She has been on the pill before but just had an issue with this one.  Does it take time to be effective like regular birth control? 
    My doctor said it takes a month to be effective.
  • Options
    kira91499 said:
    My doctor said it takes a month to be effective.
    In terms of preventing pregnancy, mine said 48 hours. They said you should use a backup method like condoms for the first couple days and then you're good to go as long as you take it at the same time every day. Also, I was told to take it well before the time of day that you usually have sex. So if you typically do it at night, take your pill in the morning. That way it has time to take effect
  • Options
    I had the mini pill after my first baby. I had no issues at all. But did take a month of taking it to become effective 
  • Options
    I took it for a few years before this baby and didn't have any issues. Going back on it soon. Just waiting another week so I don't get my period the week go back to work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker