TTC After a Loss

New to Board & BBT question

**TW Loss Mentioned**

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on the Miscarriage & Child Loss board but figured I would come introduce myself over here as well. Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. I went in for an appointment due to some light bleeding and found out I had a MMC at 8 weeks (should of been 12 at the appointment). We found out on 3/22 that we had a MMC and on 3/24 I started Cytotec. Now I am just waiting until my follow up appointment on 4/15 to see what the next step is.

Anyway I had a temping question and figured since this is TTC after a loss it would be a great place to ask. Today is the first day after my MC that I decided to temp. We are not TTC right now but I figured it would be a good idea to get a sense of what my body is doing. I expected to still have high temps since it has just been a little over a week since the MC. I was surprised to find though that my temp was the same as my pre-pregnancy pre-o temps. I am slightly below my old cover line actually. I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else on here after a MC? From what I have read I expect my temps to be all over the place and granted this is just one day, just seemed strange to me. I am going to keep charting and ask my doctor at my appointment but wanted to get some feedback here first.
Married: June 2011
TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
TTCAL: June 2016
BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to Board & BBT question

• edited April 2016
    I started temping two days after taking cytotec/misoprostol because I need lots of time to get into the habit. My temps were very, very high one day and very, very low the next. There was no rhyme or reason until about three days into my first period after the loss. I also spotted right until my first AF, weeks after my betas were back to not pregnant, but it started exactly 28 days I delivered the placenta.

Now my temps, on average, are much lower (like a full degree Celsius) than they were previously, which is just a point of interest rather than indicative of anything. 

Edit: Of course, I'm very sorry for your loss and welcome to the board.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I didn't temp after my first loss until after my first AF, so I'm not sure what happened then. I did start temping this time about a week out from my D&C and my temp was initially similar to my pre-O temps, then very high (pregnancy temp), and now back down to pre-O temps. All in about 4 days time. So, I'm thinking anything goes at this point. Just like @reneeannemm, I want to get back into the habit. I don't think I'll actually learn anything from this except maybe when to expect AF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys, yea I wasn't expecting to "learn" anything in way of TTC but maybe pinpoint when my next AF will be. My OB isn't very helpful in this whole after MC thing, which is why I am looking for a new one, so I figured I would ask. I am not even sure if they are going to track my HCG down to 0, for now all I know is I get to talk to my doctor on the 15th and that's it. I feel like this time frame would be easier if I had a heads up from my OB as to what to expect. Thanks for your experiences!
  • Sorry for your loss.  

I started temping a little over a week after my d&c.  My temperatures were ALL over the place.  Anywhere from my normal pre-O range, my post-O range, and even some that were below lower than my normal pre-O Range.  The nice thing was that once I ovulated, my temperature jumped up and actually stayed up until I got AF.  The next cycle looked better.  Hope this helps!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I started temping 3 days after my D&C and my temps were high for about a week (97.9 and above) then slowly started dropping down- I've been in the pre-o range for about 3 weeks with no ovulation in sight (I still had a positive pregnancy test last friday) but hopefully I can convince my OB to check a level today at my follow up. Its weird I feel like my temperatures are fluctuating a lot less than before MC. Just going to keep watching for that temperature rise so I have an idea when AF will come! I feel like anything goes with your cycle after MC unfortunately but feel like this is one thing I can do to have some sense of control right now. 
  • @spartanrd4 I completely understand when you say it gives you some sense of control. I mainly started temping because I felt like I have no idea what to expect or do. Like I said my OB isn't really helpful and so far have no scheduled any medical follow ups, like blood work or an ultrasound, which I think is making me unnecessarily anxious.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I started temping right after I started bleeding when I knew I was most likely having a MC. My temps were high for a couple of days and then returned to my pre-pregnancy pre-O temps pretty quickly.

Here is my first chart post-MC:

Hopefully when you see your doctor on the 15th he/she can answer your questions and give you a good idea of what to expect moving forward.

MCs are so hard. I know I never planned on having a MC and never even considered researching how I'd proceed with TTC if I had one. I remember what an incredibly heartbreaking and confusing time it was. If there is anything any of us can do to answer your questions and at least help you know what to expect please let us know.

Wishing you all the best going forward. <3
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAriathank you so much for sharing your chart, while I know everyone's is different, it is nice to see an example of one post MC. Unfortunately I feel like no one ever plans for a MC, why would you? It does make it very confusing and emotional because you think you wouldn't have to worry about charts or timing for another 9 months at least. Thank you again, I can already tell by this board and the miscarriage board that there are a lot of strong and helpful women on here.