Pregnant after 35
Options

A/S today!!! Update added

MamafestoMamafesto member
edited April 2016 in Pregnant after 35
I'm scheduled for my anatomy scan in a couple of hours and while I'm still mostly excited, the nerves are starting to creep in. Due to late pre-term labor with my son, I am also having my cervical length checked today. Our family has gotten quite a bit of bad news in the last year, and I am just hoping that we hear only good news about our LO today. Please send any positive thoughts/energy our way, and I'll be sure to update after the scan.

Update: everything looked great at the scan, however baby has a cyst of the cavem velum interpostium (center line of brain). Doc says this is a fetal developmental variation that ends up being normal 98% of the time. There's a small chance it could be arachnoid and grow, putting pressure on baby's brain. The protocol is to take a look again at 32-34 weeks and hopefully it won't have grown or will have shrunk by then. Dr. was not concerned at all, particularly bc there were no other abnormalities. Shockingly, I'm actually not even freaking out about it! It was so great to see baby in detail! Oh, and I have an anterior placenta again, so even though I'm feeling regular movement, it explains why it's pretty muted. Thanks for the support everyone, and I would appreciate continued positive thoughts that the brain cyst is nothing serious!

Re: A/S today!!! Update added

• Options
    Sending all my positives thoughts to you today @mamafesto!! Let's us know how it goes!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Definitely hoping and praying for great news for you today! Let us know how it goes when you can!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All the positive vibes coming your way! Light and love for your LO and a great scan! 
  • Options
    Good luck! I was so nervous for my A/S too. Sending all my best wishes!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    98% sounds pretty good! I'm glad you're not freaking out. I'm wishing you all the best.  :)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
     I'm so happy it went well and I bet the cyst will resolve and all will be well. I will send good thoughts for that outcome your way!!! Congrats on a good scan and not freaking out (too much ;))
  • Options
    I'm with the girls, praying the cyst resolves itself which the dr thinks it will and I'm glad you're not freaking out:)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Those odds sound pretty great! Glad the rest of the scan was uneventful and I know you loved every second of seeing your little one! <3
  • Options
    Glad you were able to see the LO and I like your odds! Congrats!
  • Options
    Glad it went so well! And, so glad you aren't freaking out about the cyst. I remember a bunch of gals on my last BMB talking about having cysts that sounded similar to that and they all seemed to resolve from what I remember. I'll be hoping and praying that baby's does that too! Hooray for being on the other side of a big day! And for seeing cute pics of baby. I love that. 
  • Options
    bgf1bgf1 member
    Glad you saw your lo, and got an explanation for the muted movements.  It sounds like the cyst is very likely nothing to freak out over based on the odds, but please keep us posted
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    YAY! Glad everything went well.  In my experience at work, those type of cysts are rarely still present at birth.  We rarely LOOK for them, but if the baby has head imaging for any reason, they're usually gone.  Sending prayers this holds true for your little one.  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I ran it by my neurologist sister and she is not at all concerned bc it's not in active brain tissue so even in worst case scenario if it grows, they would just aspirate it to relieve any pressure and it shouldn't cause problems. You never want to hear that they found a rare cyst on your baby's brain even if it is considered a normal variation. But DP and I are are remaining very positive and taking the experts' advice not to worry about it!
  • Options
    Glad everything went well at the scan.  My LO had a calcification on her heart at 21 weeks and although it's relatively common, no one wants to hear about a potential soft marker.  We just had our 32 week scan and it was completely gone- I was so relieved!  
    Also, my DS was diagnosed with single umbilical artery (sua) at his a/s many years ago and we were worried then too.  He was completely healthy and had no ill effects at birth.  My cousin is an OB and she has since explained to me that ultrasounds have become so detailed and frequent, they are finding all types of tiny abnormalities these days (some people even consider these things normal stages of fetal development...).  I'm not sure if that's good or bad but it's best to take the info with a grain of salt.  GL and congrats!!