Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sleeping trouble

I have a 6 month old baby girl. She still wakes up 3x a night to eat. What can I do to stop this? 

Re: Sleeping trouble

• Options
    She'll grow out of it when he bodies ready! 
  • Options
    You can try to sleep train, if you are comfortable with it. Are you sure she is actually hungry or is she just used to you feeding her whenever she wakes up?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can try to sleep train, if you are comfortable with it. Are you sure she is actually hungry or is she just used to you feeding her whenever she wakes up?

This.
  • Options
    katonikatoni member
    I have a 4months old I have tried the sleep training but it doesn't work she likes sleeping next me to if I put her in her bed she wakes up but if I put her in my bed next to me she will sleep from 10pm to 7am 

• Options
    Maybe offer her more to eat during the day. It seems 3 feedings a night at 6 months is a bit much. Of course every baby is different. Also you could maybe not give her as much during the motn feedings. Another thing too, are you feeding her every time she whines or makes noise or do you wait til she's crying? My LO is 4 months old and sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and whine for maybe like a minute and then goes right back to sleep. If she were to be actually crying I would of course get her. She sleeps 8-9 hours at night though. 
  • Options
    Mine is not that old yet but based on what I've seen, you need to evaluate if she's actually hungry. Is she latching on and acting like she hasn't eaten in days? Yup, she's hungry. Or is she eating and then immediately falling back to sleep? She just wanted some mommy time. Also, like pp said, make sure she's actually crying. Mine will cry out randomly and then stop right away. If she's full on crying, I check to see if her eyes are closed. If they are I try to rub her tummy until she calms back down because she's not really awake
  • Options
    Mine is 5 months, almost 6 and are having the same problem. His eyes are closed but will cry until I nurse him. He eats a lot during these feedings so he's definitely hungry. Good luck, we are trying to figure it out too.