October 2016 Moms
Options

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

2»

Re: Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

• Options
    Mintz1982 said:o 
    I have a big bag of it and keep meaning to make a batch of it to try! I think I am going to start drinking it hear and there now, and start working up to more glasses as my pregnancy progresses! It can't hurt so might as well try it! Hoping for a VBAC this time, so I will do just about anything! :)
    Try it iced as well on hot summer days
    I will definitely try that!! Sounds yummy! I'm not a huge tea drinker, but I will come around!
    I hate tea most days but I found when I had my daughter if I made big pitcher of red raspberry and added fresh fruit frozen in ice cubes and some lemon I actually liked it. I would count tea bags and add a cup per bag then let it sit 10 minutes. I'd drink 2  glasses a day after 20 weeks and at 34 I was drinking 3. I had her at the end of September so I was pregnant all summer for her too not looking forward to doing it again.
  • Options
    I am drinking the Celestial Seasons Raspberry Zinger now.  I bought it to taste it and now I'm obsessed and have a glass morning and at night before bed.  I know I'll need to order organic for any effect, but if the organic tea tastes similar I won't have any problem downing a couple glasses each day 
    This is not RRLT, FYI. The actual medicinal concotion is NOT the fruit, but the leaves.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, half the ingredients in this celestial seasonings need to be consumed with caution.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Thanks @PrimRoseMama I ordered the real raspberry leaf tea from Amazon.  I enjoy the raspberry zinger but definitely no medicinal benefits there.  
  • Options
    So what's the "real" RRLT?? There are a ton of options on Amazon!
  • Options

I ordered this one.  It was cheap, ships free on Prime, USDA organic, and organic raspberry leaf is the only  ingredient. I'm sure there are better options out there but for the price I thought it seemed like a good option

• Options
    Thanks @PrimRoseMama I ordered the real raspberry leaf tea from Amazon.  I enjoy the raspberry zinger but definitely no medicinal benefits there.  
    I feel its wise to mention that often the consumption of RRLT should not happen prior to 35 weeks. It can cause irritable uterus for some women. Please ask  your provider before doing the medicinal strength tea regimen.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I drank it with my oldest and wasn't a fan.. he was my longest labor and longest pushing experience.. so I'm not so sure about it :)
  • Options
    @PrimRoseMama Agreed! My midwife calls it 3rd trimester tea but also suggested drinking it just the last few weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    My midwife had me begin with it in my first trimester.