November 2016 Moms
Options

Subchorionic Hemorrage *TW*

Greencows4812Greencows4812 member
edited April 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Went to the er for moderate bleeding and large clot (half dollar) last night. I tried our local er but found out the only have US techs Monday-Friday so I went to the hospital my ob is at (30 minutes away). They ordered an US and baby was okay, saw heartbeat and movement. But I have a sub chorionic hemorrhage (bleeding between amniotic sac and uterine wall). The doc said it could be absorbed or it could lead to a miscarriage. I'm on pelvic rest for 7 days and follow up with my ob on Monday. Anyone have experience with a subchorionic hemorrage? 
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrage *TW*

• Options
    I have no experience but I believe @comealongponds has. Fx everything gets better.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I have a few friends IRL who have had this and have perfectly healthy babies. It's always nice to hear that, right? I'll be thinking of you! :)

ETA: Also my OB had one, and she's still preggers.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have experience with it. Mine caused bleeding at 5w4d, and it appeared on an ultrasound at 6w. At 7w4d, it was no longer on the ultrasound. No problems since that initial bleeding episode and the baby is doing great at 8w6d now. Best of luck that it disappears for you, too! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    I had one with my first. Was put on pelvic rest for a few weeks and they also did progesterone suppositories. All turned out fine and carried (beyond) full term. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had one with my last pregnancy. I was put on pelvic rest, but the SCH kept growing... (I think I'm the worse scenario to be honest). Ended up on bed rest, but that's not possible when you're home alone with a 1yo... SCH kept growing. I did end up miscarrying because of it at 13 weeks. So when they tell you no lifting, no sex, take it easy, etc., listen. Don't do anything strenuous and follow their directions. Most resolve on their own with no complications. Not meaning to scare you, but trying to make you realize how important it is to do what the OB says to get better. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    No experience but sending you lots of positive thoughts/vibes/prayers! Take it really easy!
  • Options
    No experience to share, but fx it goes away soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was diagnosed with a large SCH around Twin B at about 5.5w - it caused bleeding and cramping to the point where I was certain I was miscarrying. At my first ultrasound, the hemorrhage was considered large (>50% of the size of the gestational sac) and grew slightly over the next week. Last check (8w3d) both babies looked fabulous with strong heartbeats and the hemorrhage had shrunk to about half the size it started at. 

I've been on pelvic rest since diagnosis, and restricted activity for about as long. Waiting to see the OB in a couple weeks to determine if I can go back to work and if I need modifications (I'm a nurse on a super busy floor so I took sick leave). Hoping for the best for you!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was recently diagnosed with a small SCH after going to the doctor's with some bleeding. I had a smaller amount of bleeding the next few days, which they said was normal. No sex, no heavy lifting until my follow up in two weeks. They didn't see a heartbeat on the US at 5w5d, but told me not to worry since it was still in the normal development window. Of course now I'm very nervous for my 8w appointment and the follow up US.

SCH is apparently a pretty common complication and doesn't usually cause problems, so I guess all we can do is hang in there and follow our OB's instructions. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you're going through this!  When I was pregnant with my DS at 10 weeks, I had a SCH the size of a quarter after going to the ER for some bleeding.  I was told to be on strict bed rest for a couple of days and the ER doctor diagnosed with me with a threatened miscarriage.  When I followed up the following week with my OB the SCH did go away. 

Even though it's easier said than done, take it really easy and follow doctor's orders.  Positive energy is going to you!   

5/16/2005: M/C at 7 wks
    5/3/2010: MM/C at 7 wks 6 days
    5/25/2014: CP at 4 wks 3 days

Because of the great "Snow"vember of 2015, my medicated cycle was cancelled.  However, we were blessed with our little rainbow baby due on 8/14/15!  Baby J had other plans and decided to make his grand ole entrance on 7/4/2015!

Surprise!  Our little girl entered this world on 12/8/2016 after her eviction notice was long past due.  Our little turkey baby turned into a snow baby!  

Third times the charm!  BFP on 4/18/2019, EDD: 12/18/2019
    PgAL/PAL welcome
    PAIF/SAIF welcome too!

• Options
    Thank you ladies. I appreciate the good wishes and the optimistic stories. I've been in bed all day and although I'm bored its kind of fun to see my husband do everything I do daily. He's gotten pretty frustrated working on potty training and two toddlers testing their boundaries. 
  • Options
    I had one with my son, he was born very healthy and is almost two.  And I have one now. It looks like it's resolving itself, praying that all goes well for you at this point. It's very stressful. I went to my husband's office to have everything checked, and two of his female partners reached out and said they had them with their children as well. It's scary, but their children were born healthy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
     I found out early morning on the 4th I have a large SCH after being admitted to the ER for severe bleeding and cramping. An ultrasound showed my LO measuring 6w3d instead of the 9w I should have been but a heartbeat was detected. I had a second ultrasound today after severe bleeding and palm sized clots yesterday and my SCH has grown while my LO is still around the same size and same heart rate. I figure it's only been 2 days so the lack of growth probably means nothing but it still doesn't help you feel any less anxious. I'm seeing the GP again tomorrow to discuss my ultrasound and HCG results so here's hoping to positive news. :/ 
  • Options
    @mell94 FX for good news and growth. Sorry you're going through this.
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Options
    Joining the SCH club. I had some spotting yesterday and passed a clot so we went in for an ultrasound today and baby is doing great, but diagnosed with this SCH. We only met with a nurse practitioner afterwards, not my normal OB. She didn't say anything about extra monitoring. Are your doctors making you come in more frequently for ultrasounds or is it business as usual? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor told me he'd monitor me as I felt needed. I all ready had my regular appointment that week so I went to it but decided to give it a few weeks unless my bleeding turned back to red. After 5 days of taking it easy (kids went to daycare) my original hemorrage was gone but now I have another bleed or a cyst
  • Options
    @Katemr1146 I initially got an US every 7-10 days but since the bleed had shrunk by half on the last ultrasound I'm not getting another one until 13 weeks. Both my OB and my family MD feel that bedrest is unnecessary, and that I could likely go back to work but for my own mental health are fine with waiting until after the next ultrasound. 

• Options
    A small SH was seen on my 9 week U/S today. I was told it is no big deal and I wasn't told to avoid sex, heavy lifting etc. They told me if I had some bleeding not to be concerned, and not even to bother calling them as it would be normal.

Now I'm shocked at these instructions!
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    @laurenlalap I have a very tiny one as well. I actually noticed it with my last ultrasound with my RE. I then asked the ultrasound tech to check for it at my first OB appt. She said it was so small it's nothing to worry about at all and that it's really common. She said most of the time if they see a tiny one they don't even mention it because it's really nothing to worry about. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @laurenlalap I was told no sex for until I had no bleeding for 7 days. He said that there is no evidence that taking it easy affects the threat of miscarriage but that it has been shown to decrease in size faster. 
  • Options
    I had a sch with my daughter around 10 weeks. It resolved itself by 2nd tri and any complications I had were completely unrelated to it. :)
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• Options
    A small SH was seen on my 9 week U/S today. I was told it is no big deal and I wasn't told to avoid sex, heavy lifting etc. They told me if I had some bleeding not to be concerned, and not even to bother calling them as it would be normal.

Now I'm shocked at these instructions!
    Yeah the NP basically just said I was on pelvic rest for a few weeks...and that was it. No other instruction. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry this is happening to you!
    My instructions were to call the doc for each red bleed, but to not go to ER unless I'm bleeding more than a pad an hour or am passing out from blood loss. Each red bleed gets an US the same day to monitor. Brown spotting not to call. After the last red bleed US looked like it was resolving, so one final US in 2 weeks to see if it's resolved.  And the dreaded pelvic rest.  DH is about to start a household mutiny over the pelvic rest.
    Hope everyone's SCH heals quickly!!

Oh, I am on bedrest because I kept getting overconfident and moving around, and it seemed to trigger new bleeds.  Yeah, I abused and lost my outside privileges.
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• Options
    I am wondering if this is what i had,  had some spotting and passed tiny clot at 6 weeks. Saw OB scan and say heartbeat. But thst night i had big gush of red blood. Nothing rest of night or after. Phoned doc she said just to wait and see. As nothing she can do anyway and only had scan that morning. Since been fine no other MC symptoms. Scan on monday 9 weeks today. Fingers crossed baby has grown. Xx
  • Options
    Now I'm worried. I was diagnosed with SCH at around 5 weeks and I believe it has gotten a little bigger when I went in for my u/s at 7 weeks. The doctor only told me no sex until I was 12 weeks, but didn't explain what it was and didn't give me any further instruction. Seems like a lot of you are on bedrest. Did my doctor make a mistake on not putting me on rest too?
  • Options
    @Little+Tiny I was never put on bedrest. Just pelvic rest aka no sex or strenuous activities 
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @Little+Tiny I basically put myself on modified bed rest because PGAL brain makes me a little BSC. Logically I know there's nothing that i can do that will worsen the SCH (according to the research) but having had increased bleeding after overdoing it with exercise or even walking around too much as well as an episode of severe bleeding and pain after a TV ultrasound made me extra cautious. 

ETA: officially I was put on pelvic rest by my MD and took time off of work for my mental health. 

• Options
    @Little+Tiny My doc never put me on bed rest. I did that. He said (and my research agrees) that there is no evidence that taking it easy alters the outcome,you will miscarry or you won't no matter how easy you take it. He did say that taking it easy has shown to help decrease the size of the hemorrage faster. My research suggests that if the bleed is less than 50% of the size of the gestational sac, the odds of the hemorrage being reabsorbed is very good! Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh okay I guess I misread pelvic rest. I'm just really worried that it might cause harm to the baby. Only because I don't know much about it. I as trying to get some more info from google but it wasn't very helpful. My first appointment with my midwife is on Monday so I will ask about it then.