May 2016 Moms

Super dry skin

So around the time I entered my 3rd trimester, my facial skin got incredibly dry- like if I wear my usual BB cream it looks like my skin is just peeling off :( I've always had very oily skin, never experienced dry skin before in real life or in my previous pregnancy. Is this happening to anyone else? Or if you have regular dry skin, any advice? I wear makeup, so I feel like I can't just stop washing my face, but after I do, my skin burns even if I put moisturizer on. Halp!

Re: Super dry skin

• saraleigh2saraleigh2 member
    edited March 2016
    Try an oil, milk cleanser or cold cream that won't strip your skin. Personally I love dr Hauschka products and can't say enough good things about the brand! I have combination skin that can be very sensitive and I find that their cleansing milk is so gentle and seems to restore the balance to my skin instantly. In fact I once tried an exfoliating cream that was too harsh that left my face dry, tight and burning, I rewashed my face w/ the Dr Hauschka cleansing milk and my skin felt better that moment!!!

• Yep. Mine goes back and forth in trimesters. During my dry trimester I'll moisturize right out of the shower with cocoa butter or on really dry days I'll use Nivea. I use Olay face moisturizer, let that sink in, put on a moisturizing primer, and use tinted moisturizer for foundation. Helps a lot with makeup application.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Drink more water.  :)
  • My skin is typically very dry. I have used Elta MD intense moisturizer for years and highly recommend it. It only has two ingredients so it's very bland. My skin gets dry patches that are like red rashes and burn.  This stuff calms it down overnight.  It's like $10 on Amazon.  If you don't want to purchase new products, drinking more water helps, as does using a humidifier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My skin has been very dry too. I'm just keeping showers shorter and not super hot. I'm also using lotion. When I was hospitalized my skin got super dried out. It's just now getting back to it's typical dryness.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I usually have very oily skin and CANT use lotion or it'll break me out. After getting pregnant though my skin became very dry. I used vitamin E oil at night and switched to euceren cream at about 3rd trimester since it tended to stick better. I also keep a small bottle of cocoa butter lotion in my bag for my hands.
  • I've found that drinking lots of water helps, and using a tiny bit of coconut oil right out of the shower helps too (basically whatever is left on my hands after moisturizing my body). I normally have combination skin and this keeps it pretty comfortable all over. 
  • Same here, normally oily, now dry.
    I use cetaphil bar soap, and Simple nourishing 24 hour cream...that has solved the problem for me!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I went from oily to very dry.  Tried Burt's Bees, but it was very heavy.  I switched to Say Yes to Cucumbers facial cream - much lighter and moisturizes wonderfully!
  • I have always had dry skin and oil is the only thing that works. I use argan oil by Josie Maran and it is amazing. Also, make see to exfoliate! 
  • Same exact thing here! 
    I started using a gentle hydrating cleanser vs a scrub I used to use. Absolutely no makeup, and only moisturizer! It's helped some, but I have a patch of dry skin on my cheek. It's gross.