1st Trimester
Options

Early pregnancy questions. . .

So hubby and I just went thru our 3rd IUI. Our 1st one was not successful, 2nd one was but unfortunately we miscarried at 8 weeks.  We just found out Tuesday that we are pregnant.  Hcg levels are lower than they'd like but we check again tomorrow to see if they've risen.  I have a few early pregnancy questions for you all.
1.  How early does morning sickness start?  I haven't actually had a period since November because of everything going on so I don't technically know how far along .. 3 weeks maybe. Either way I just woke up from a sound sleep feeling like I could throw up the moon.
2.  I have been getting period like cramps that can be kind of rough.  They come and go but have been intense at times. Anyone else experience that? 
3. I know lower back pain will happen as well.. does it happen this early?
OK hopefully I don't sound like a complete idiot and you guys can let me know own if you experienced these things early too..

Re: Early pregnancy questions. . .

• Options
    Not everyone gets morning sickness. I never did. Cramping can be normal as long as they are not super bad or come with bleeding (recommend talking to your doc about that one). Back pain comes and goes (at least for me) but definitely more in third tri. Relaxin starts to kick in early on and may cause some back pain since it relaxes your ligaments. Every pregnancy is different.
  • Options
    They will base your dates on your IUI. So, your IUI will be consider Ovulation or 2 weeks 0 days.

Most morning sickness started around week 6 (so 4 weeks after your IUI). Some women are just very sensitive to progesterone, which can cause some serious nausea. I know I am. Most of pregnancy symptoms really start heavy around week 6. But lower back pain, cramping, bloating.... can be right around when you period would be do. So week 4, or two weeks after your IUI.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never had morning sickness, so not everyone does. I did have a lot of cramping/stretching in the first tri, as well as back and surprisingly butt pain. Most of this is due to your muscles and ligaments stretching out from your newly growing body and the relaxin. Have you partner massage when it feels good and try not to stress too much. Have a H & H 9 months!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    They will base your dates on your IUI. So, your IUI will be consider Ovulation or 2 weeks 0 days.

Most morning sickness started around week 6 (so 4 weeks after your IUI). Some women are just very sensitive to progesterone, which can cause some serious nausea. I know I am. Most of pregnancy symptoms really start heavy around week 6. But lower back pain, cramping, bloating.... can be right around when you period would be do. So week 4, or two weeks after your IUI.
    Sounds like she didn't have the IUI this time. 
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I didn't have an morning sickness whatsoever, no cramps, no spotting or back pain.  
    Whereas, a friend that is due the day after me experienced the exact opposite.
    Pregnancy really isn't unique and doesn't fit a mold, and truly is different for everyone.
  • Options
    Yes, I did have iui on the 14th and 15th. Numbers went up today but they are still being cautious all I have to go again Saturday.
    Thanks for all your experiences too. The back pain is really uncomfortable but the nausea is brutal. I'll take any and all of it as long as everything thing goes well!
  • Options
    I had no morning sickness, just mild queasiness. I definitely had cramps and back pain, it felt exactly like my period was about to start. It happened less and less as I progressed and now at nearly 11 weeks, I can't really remember the last time I felt it. My first symptom before I even missed my pd was low back/hip pain so it definitely can happen that early. Good luck and congrats!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    I started getting nauseous around 5.5 weeks, puking every morning around 6 weeks, food aversions majorly kicked in by 6.5 weeks so even the thought of eating made me nauseous.  My MS hung around in full force until 14 weeks and then intermittently through 21 weeks.  

I didn't really bloat but I put that down to my general lack of eating anything.  I also didn't (and still don't at 28 weeks) have any back pain.  

As far as cramps, I was cramping from 4 weeks through 6 weeks with the worst being around 5 weeks.  It tapered off and then just stopped and I haven't had any cramping for the past 22 weeks.  

Best of luck, hopefully your #s keep going up! 
  • Options
    I started to get MS around week 3. My body was just super sensitive to the hormones. I started having crampinh around week 4 when I should have had My period. That lasted for a good 2-3 weeks. Back didn't start hurting really until later on in pregnancy, like 4 or so months (hasn't let up at 6). Happy and healthy 9 months to you!