October 2015 Moms

Spitting up 5 months

my son spit up when he was younger and it went away...all the sudden in the past couple days he has been spitting up so much! Anyone else have this issue? I thought they grew out of it by now 

Re: Spitting up 5 months

• dkubbdkubb member
    Same with my son! Ped said in his case he thinks it's a combination of him using his stomach muscles so much more trying to sit up and swallowing an increased amount of drool from teething. I would definitely mention it to the Dr if you're concerned though.
  • My son has recently started doing this as well.  He never really spit up a lot as a newborn, but is now spitting up a lot.  The extra drool makes sense! 
  • Loading the player...
  • J1DJ1D member
    My kiddo is a puke fountain.
  • Yeah, my girl is a happy spitter and has been since day one. I can't wait for it to stop. We go through 8-10 bibs a day. Her doctor isn't concerned because she's on her growth curve and she's not bothered by it. It's just annoying as hell.
  • Same- it stopped prob at 3-4 months and back at 5 months. I made my own conclusion it's prob from her chewing and teething on her hands so much that she takes in so much air!
  • My guy also has been a cottage cheese making machine since day One (he's over 6mos now!). Doctor says it's no big deal but man, the outfit changes, bib swaps, laundry and constant mopping up floors are a nuisance for me; LO isn't bothered by it though.
  • My guy also has been a cottage cheese making machine since day One (he's over 6mos now!). Doctor says it's no big deal but man, the outfit changes, bib swaps, laundry and constant mopping up floors are a nuisance for me; LO isn't bothered by it though.
    Same!  We have 18 bandana bibs from a few months ago when I would go through about 10 bibs a day. Now I'm relieved to say we're only going through 3-5 bibs a day but my floors are constantly smeared....