October 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms thread 3/30

Hi all! Not sure who the designated person is, or if there is one, so I hope this is ok. Haven't seen a new symptoms thread in a couple of weeks so figured I'd get one started. 

How far along are you?

What is bothering you the most?

Anything improving?

Any questions we can help you out with?
BabyGaga

Re: Symptoms thread 3/30

• Options
    13 weeks today!

Fatigue and back spasms. The past few days my back is a mess. DH is supposed to give me a massage tonight, hopefully that helps. Resting hasn't done anything and I woke up to it this morning spasming out worse than ever so I'm thinking I need to try out some pillow arrangements. Also sciatica, but I always have that so that's par for the course ha

Nausea is definitely improving! Thank goodness. Only have some in the morning.

For anyone with back issues, are there any stretches that you've found help? I'm super stupid when it comes to exercising so I have no idea where to start. I'm hoping to start prenatal yoga next weekend.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015, have you considered a chiropractor? Ask around to see if you can find someone reputable with a lot of experience and training working with pregnant women. I love my chiro! The back is really difficult to stretch. Try sitting in a v-split and reaching your right hand to left foot and vice-versa. Standing forward bend, downward facing dog, cat-cow and child's pose are all great for the spine.
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LizaKate1213 I haven't, actually. I've done acupuncture but I can't seem to relax during it. If it gets worse I'll definitely look into it, just stinks that it's not covered by insurance.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015 I had similar issues with my first pregnancy. My chiropractor had me get a large exercise ball and lay back on it. You can get a great back stretch that way and also control how far you stretch, which is great in late pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @ball4768 yay thanks I will try that! I bought one of those exercise balls a couple weeks ago!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will be 14 weeks tomorrow, and my nausea is back. Why, oh why, morning sickness? Why could you not stay away?  

Also, I am ravenous at pretty much all times and the hair tie/rubber band trick on my pants is no longer an option.  Time to go shopping. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MrsHudson2014 Don't say that!! ughhhh I'm finally feeling not nausea 90%+ of the time at 13+1. Hope you feel better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 11.5 weeks and my vertigo/dizziness is back.  It was pretty constant between 8 and 10 weeks...then teased me with a break, making me think it was over.  Then Wednesday it started back with a vengeance! The spins then give me a crazy headache - not to mention nausea.  No. Fun. And on top of it, I caught a cold...and can't take any cold medicine!! I'm a walking disaster. So glad it's Friday - planning to spend the weekend laying like a slug on the couch...
  • Options
    @LMNOBaby I had my first bit of that last night, and this morning is no better.  Not really sure how im going to make it through 8 hours of work with this dizziness.  

@LGW2015 it may have just been the one day, as today it's just the room spinning. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure that this is even a symptom, but I've suddenly fallen victim to this unrelenting, out-of-nowhere inconsolable sorrow. Just straight up depressed out of the blue. I'm embarrassed to even mention into because I feel so silly for it.
  • Options
    I'm not sure that this is even a symptom, but I've suddenly fallen victim to this unrelenting, out-of-nowhere inconsolable sorrow. Just straight up depressed out of the blue. I'm embarrassed to even mention into because I feel so silly for it.
    I'm really glad you brought this up because I've also been feeling down lately. Not depressed really, but just in a terrible mood all the time. I'm guessing it's hormone related, because nothing else has really changed.  Hang in there! 
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Asshole Ninjas indeed! I'm sure it'll pass, I know this gloomy rainy weather isn't helping at all! I will definitely talk to my OB if this continues, but I think some sunshine and cuddle time is all I need right now, I just woke up needy and clingy this morning. Oh, body, you extraordinary machine you with your hormones and feels... haha
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I get it! I've had some minor separation anxiety when I'm away from my H. I've also noticed that I've gotten really possessive. I saw a girl checking out H yesterday and I got stabby. Like, I'll cut a bitch angry. Lol. Normally when that happens I'm like check him out all you want, he's handsome, I get it! Hormones are crazy. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited April 2016
    @MRSCORKER Now that you mention it, it feels a lot like separation anxiety. FI has been working a ton and I have been so busy with the kids and school that we barely have had any time for each other and I just miss him. I'm telling him I want to go on a date this weekend now!
    I've got a case of the jealous lately too, which isn't like me at all usually. I'm  typically a "look don't touch" and all is well lady, but I've definitely been a bit more possessive.

edited to fix your tag.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid that's definitely a real symptom. Don't be embarrassed to talk about it...I really struggled with the same feelings two weeks ago. I did realize that my husband was working almost every evening in addition to his usual 8-4 and I was alone with the baby all day and all evening and I know tiredness+lack of adult interaction was contributing to mine. Thankfully I'm better this week. 

My ob's office called this morning and said my blood work just came back and my iron is low and my OB is concerned. He wants me to take iron pills, but they make me vomit. (Same with prenatal vitamins. I can't keep them down for two minutes.) I explained this to the nurse and she kept saying "well just try." I do try. Every day. 
  • Options
    @katlarissa That sounds almost identical to my current situation, I'm just going to let him know I NEED him and want to spend some time together =)

As for the iron, do you like trail mix? Dried fruit and nuts are good sources of iron that  are waaay easier (and tastier) than a supplement. My vitamins don't have iron because they make me sick too, so I just have a list of high iron foods and snacks and that has done the trick. Usually the high iron foods are also high fiber to help combat getting constipated from tons of iron so that's a plus.
  • Options
    I'm around 12 weeks. I finally have some energy again! 

Most of my pants no longer fit, and I should probably do some shopping. The heartburn has started a little, as I think I snacked on a little too much trail mix this morning. I've also been experiencing a lot of shortness of breath, which is really annoying me. I was pretty fit cardio wise pre-pregnancy, and now (much less intense) exercise has me sucking wind! 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I've been researching high iron foods this afternoon, and I think that's what I'm going to try! I love trail mix, so I'm glad to know it has good iron levels. Thanks so much for the encouragement! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13w5d

What is bothering you the most? Nausea (STILL!??!), fatigue, and just to add insult to injury, migraines!

Anything improving? Not really. I mean, at least my boobs don't hurt too badly anymore and appear to have stopped growing?

Any questions we can help you out with? Seriously, when will I feel better? Everybody talks about increased energy and feeling great in the 2nd trimester. I'm almost there and I just can't see that happening.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    How far along are you? 13w 6d - tomorrow is (at least per my doctor) 2nd tri!!!!

What is bothering you the most? Dizziness is striking more frequently than I would like, specifically when I'm on the train commuting to NYC. The other day I was standing in the aisle (super crowded train) and got so dizzy I had to drop down to my knees. I expected someone to say something to me, but nope, nothing. So I just squatted down there for 5 min or so and made myself drink a juice. I hope this doesn't get any worse, especially in the heat of summer!

Anything improving? Nausea is (FX) getting so much better, although I still can't STAND the idea of chicken - unless it's fried and not made in my house :) Also can't stay awake past 9:30PM, no matter what time I wake up in the morning!

Any questions we can help you out with? Not a question, just a rant. I know there's a daycare thread, and I'm lurking on it, but I just can't wrap my head around it all. Daycares in my area run around $1500/month, and while my DH's office offers a subsidized one for $900/month, it's for government employees and it's in a HORRIBLE area - I haven't walked through it yet, and I'm afraid it's going to be horrible!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Food aversions/general queasiness has been better the past week or so, although it still pops up occasionally at odd time.  Boobs are still sore although less so.  My main symptoms this past week are that I've been super tired and super emotional.  I've done okay at reeling it in, but at any given moment I feel like I could either immediately fall asleep or burst into tears on cue.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    @katlarissa have you tried the gummy vitamins, at night right before bed? They don't have iron so a high-iron diet would still be necessary but they at least have the other nutrients you need.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - I've been feeling down/depressed lately too. I didn't feel this way with my first pregnancy. My husband is also busy with work and school so I don't see him all that much. I mentioned my feelings to him 2 days ago and told him I need him to be more present with me when he is home because I'm feeling rather alone. I'm really hoping these feelings go away once second tri hits otherwise I will mention it to my OB. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @von1976 That was what I had the hardest time with my first pregnancy.  Everyone kept saying "You'll feel better by 12 weeks."  That passed, then "oh you'll feel better by 14 weeks", that passed and I was still throwing up on the regular.  Even the nurse questioned me when I called for a prescription refill at 17/18 weeks last time.  I remember vividly her saying, "Why are you needing a refill, you should be feeling better by now?"  Ummm, I'm not taking anti-nausea meds for funsies.  It's frustrating to feel sick in the 2nd tri when you're supposedly supposed to feel better.  Anyway, I don't have advice, just commiserating.  Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will be 14 weeks tomorrow, and my nausea is back. Why, oh why, morning sickness? Why could you not stay away?  

Also, I am ravenous at pretty much all times and the hair tie/rubber band trick on my pants is no longer an option.  Time to go shopping. 
    This makes me scared!  I'm pretty much nausea free right now... Just hit 13 weeks today, and enjoying the comeback of my energy and not having to throw up after every meal.  

Acne is my worst symptom.... Also getting heartburn when I lay down after dinner.   Ick.  
  • Options
    I'm just 9+2 but the nausea is a little better this week. New symptoms this week are that I'm breaking out and I've got gas SO BAD! Doesn't matter what I eat, I'm a bag of wind. 

• Options
    @katlarissa have you tried the gummy vitamins, at night right before bed? They don't have iron so a high-iron diet would still be necessary but they at least have the other nutrients you need.
    Yes, I've tried those too. In fact, those were surprisingly the worst. My nurse said to try kid's vitamins so that at least I'd be getting something. Hopefully i can keep those down! 
  • Options
    von1976 said:
    How far along are you? 13w5d

What is bothering you the most? Nausea (STILL!??!), fatigue, and just to add insult to injury, migraines!

Anything improving? Not really. I mean, at least my boobs don't hurt too badly anymore and appear to have stopped growing?

Any questions we can help you out with? Seriously, when will I feel better? Everybody talks about increased energy and feeling great in the 2nd trimester. I'm almost there and I just can't see that happening.

I’m with you on both the nausea and the migraines.  Unfortunately, some of us have morning sickness much longer than most.  Like @sidecarsareforbishes, my nausea lasted long into the second trimester with my first pregnancy and, since I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow and don’t feel the slightest bit less nauseated all day every day, it looks like this pregnancy will shape up the same way.  The only thing that helped the first time was the one thing I can’t get this time around - rest.  You’re probably pretty busy, but if you can sneak a nap in during the day, it might help.

• Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW I'm glad your nausea is better! Hope the dizziness doesn't last.

I have definitely been struggling with being moody and sad lately. on top of this we received very sad news from a friend.

*****TW*****

DH's friend just had twins but one passed away a day later due to a heart defect. The other will be in the hospital for months. We are just so heartbroken for them. DH is going to the funeral service, I just couldn't even imagine. I keep having nightmares about their twins and our baby. We're really struggling emotionally in our house right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, @LGW2015 that is so sad. I can't imagine. T&Ps for your friends, their baby and angel baby. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Oh, @LGW2015, that is awful. I'm so sorry for your friends' loss and your tough emotional time. A friend of mine lost her 5-year-old son to cancer this month, and while they'd had a long time to prepare, and got to spend more than 2 years longer with him than doctors had predicted, it's, of course, horribly sad and unfair.

@AllyTheKid, I'm in a similar spot, just sad and woeful and weepy all the time. It is at least reassuring to know that it's only hormones, and I prefer it to the awful anxiety I had around this point during my last pregnancy.
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
  • Options
    Put me on the sad train too! I'm just in a funk that I can't seem to shake.
    Also, MS is pretty much gone, except for a random occasion, like today.
    And RLP is getting scary. I'm half thinking of calling my doctor just to be sure everything is okay. A co-worker is a bout 4 weeks ahead of me and started having contractions already. This of course freaks me out because I've never had contractions before so I wouldn't know what the difference between that or rlp or gas is...

@lgw2015 a friend of mine went thru something similar a few months back. I was inconsolable, so I can't imagine being in that position myself. Hugs to you and your friends. It's so scary and sad.
  • Options
    @LGW2015 That is so heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry for your friends. My thoughts are with them and you. 

Also feeling pretty emotional/moody/weepy here. And I made it to ten weeks without actually throwing up until last night :neutral: Now I'm also woozy and feeling a lot of reflux. Hope everyone finds some relief soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
    edited April 2016
    @br0co1ii what is RLP??

Edit: NVM. Round ligament pain. Baby brain is no joke.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12wks

What is bothering you the most? Still dealing with some nausea, but it's getting better, until I have a transport. I work in the fire service and cross staff an ambulance. I'm already prone to motion sickness (ironic, a paramedic who gets car sick) and I feel fine with the meclizine, but as soon as I begin a transport, it's pretty rough. Either that or my driver sucks, also a good possibility. Starting to feel some discomfort in lower abdomen, probably stretching and growing. SOB is ridiculous, can't walk up my stairs without feeling winded and my heart pounding. Regular pants still fit, but work pants are a no go. Which sucks because they're $100/pair!

Anything improving? Nausea, fatigue is getting better, was able to get some yard work done this last week. Constipation is much better. Boobs aren't as sore.

Any questions we can help you out with? Has anyone tried a Relief Band? How did it work for you? Just ordered one, should be here today. A little pricey, but really hoping is works. Something I can also use after the pregnancy while working.
  • Options
    @LGW2015 How horrible. I can't even imagine the pain. So sorry for your friend's loss.

I'm on board the sad train too. Between the exhaustion and nausea and middle of the night anxiety, I just feel moody and not myself. I know it won't last and there is something wonderful at the end of all this but...it's a roller coaster.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    oh yeah, and prego-brain is kicking my ass. I swear I've lost my mind!!!

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. @duckmay I'm so sorry for your friend. That is so unbelievably awful.

@br0co1ii what kind of pain are you having? I'm having a lot of discomfort today too. At one point today I felt this weird discomfort/pain in my uterus and when I touched the spot it was hard as a rock, I'm really wondering if I had a contraction! I've also been having a lot of back pain (muscles) and wake up with the pain in my right hip but I'm prone to back pain so I chalked it up to that. I started sleeping with a pillow between my legs which has helped with the hip pain. I just have no idea what's normal or not, or what RLP feels like!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015  my pain is mostly like a sudden cramp that usually stretches across my lower abdomen. I assume it's RLP because it generally happens after I stand up, cough, or sneeze. My assumption is that contractions can come at any time, so I'm going with RLP for me. It's just that it has become more frequent, like more than 3 times a day, so it has me worried. If it seems to be getting worse, I'm making a phone call to ease my mind.