August 2015 Moms
Options

What do you say?

My LO was sick with RSV on 3/7 and was cleared by his dr to go back to daycare by 3/15, after antibiotics (for ear infection) and inhaler for the rsv, he's had NO symptoms for weeks and hes been healthy. Neither hubby, myself or any of the few kids at the babysitter got sick. Well, 3 weeks later, we saw my 1.5 y/o niece on Easter Sunday. My SIL (hubs sister) was txting us today for exact dates of when my son was sick and when his "sick" turned into teething, because our neice is sick now and "he dr wants to know when she was exposed to rsv" ... SHE WASN'T! I'm so irritated. What do you even say?!

Re: What do you say?

• Options
    I would just give her the dates to appease the silly woman and leave it at that. 

I'm over here rolling my eyes for you though haha
  • Options
    How annoying. @Allythekid is nicer than I am. Not saying I'd be rude in response but I'd have no problem simply saying "DS had completed his antibiotic cycle and was fully recovered almost a month before we saw you guys so she wasn't exposed unless you know another child that had rsv? Hope she feels better soon."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd be completely honest.  Give them the dates but also say that she was 100% better long before you saw them.  They probably don't remember exactly when your LO got sick or finished her antibiotics.  I honestly wouldn't be upset about it at all.  If you give them the dates their doctor will probably say that she didn't catch it from your LO.  
  • Options
    Tell her you never exposed her child to it and to remind her Dr that hipaa states that's not his GD business. All rsv is a cold that infiltrated the lungs of your baby.  Her baby could have been exposed by any adult. 
  • Options
    Roll your eyes at the silly question then give her the dates. Move on from the petty convo.