TTC After a Loss
Options

OPKs for pregnancy tests

Has anyone on here used OPKs to detect hcg? 

Im 8 dpo, and have been taking OPKs to see if they get darker. 

Re: OPKs for pregnancy tests

• Options
    I have been doing the reverse actually. I was using my OPK to track my hcg decline after my d&c. I got a + for about a week straight and then they finally turned negative. The hcg level must need to be somewhat higher to register though because I am still turning hpt's after two weeks of negative OPKs. I am now 4 weeks out from my procedure. I wouldn't rely just on the OPK
  • Options
    Interesting @SnobunnieMel I noticed the opposite. My OPKs were darker when my hpts were very faint. (I didn't know that my hcg wasn't zeroed out and my OPKs were getting lighter instead of darker) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't usually but decided to test it out. When I got my BFP I remembered others discussing the possibility of OPKs detecting Hcg, so I tired it and it worked. I got a really dark OPK the same time I had a mild BFP. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 my opk this am was pretty dark, but my hpt is so faint that I'm giving myself headaches trying to decide if a line is there. I feel like what you said, dark opk and light hpt is my experience as well. 
  • Options
    @ThePax89 my body is still is post MC confusion so I am probably not the best reference to go by. 
  • Options
    I will say that I usually get some kind of line on an OPK all month long...it's just super dark when I am pg or ovulating. Keep us updated! I hope you get a super BFP. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HCG on an HPT will show positive before the LH on an OPK. The chemical structure is similar in both hormones but the HPT detects HCG at a higher sensitivity than an OPK. I wouldn't rely on that.