Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

-

2»

Re: -

• Options

Can we please stop perpetuating the idea that stress prevents you from getting pregnant. Unless you have undergone huge emotional trauma or have chronic stress, a diagnosed medical condition, stress does not prevent you from getting pregnant. By saying stress prevents pregnancy you are implying that women that are struggling to get or stay pregnant (like me and many others on this board) are causing their fertility problems, and that if they would "just relax" they could get pregnant.
    ***Loss*** I'm not saying it's preventing her from getting pregnant. Lord knows I stress a ton every single month, but I've been pregnant three times in one year. I'm saying it could be the reason her charts are wonky. I can tell with mine when I'm stressed. They aren't as "pretty." Noone is saying stress is the reason she isn't pregnant. We are saying stress might be why her charts don't look the same. Think about it. When I first decided to start ttc, I woke up before my alarm because I was excited to temp (oh, I wish I was still excited....) and that kept throwing my temps off. Then I get frustrated because it wasn't working, lo and behold, my charts went wacko again. I've been charting for almost four years. And I can tell you there is a distinct difference when I'm stressed.
    A change in your chart doesn't equal a change in fertility, unless O is not happening anymore or if it's indicative of LPD. So even if "stressing" over temping makes your chart look wonky, that doesn't mean that your fertility has changed. 
    That's exactly what I am saying. Not once did I say stress is affecting fertility. For crying out loud it's been 5 months.I said it can make your chart look funny. That's why I sad relax a bit so it doesn't make the chart freak out. Then you can follow it better. My o days are still the same (within a day or so) even when I stress, I just tend to have a really messy chart. Which, I am fully aware, means absolutely nothing. That's exactly what I am saying. We are saying the exact same thing... so tell me why we are arguing?
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    PennStateCait : your comment makes sense, but I was just saying my husband is claiming we aren't financially ready so by backing that up with numbers, it made me think my husband was just pulling arbitrary reasons out of thin air. "Financially incapable" is clearly not the reason in this case is simply what I'm saying. I understand I could've written that a million other different ways and I apologize if it was written in a way that rubbed you/everyone wrong.

LoveIsOwlYouNeed : that was just some example I cited about Murphy's Law. My apologies if it rubbed you the wrong way.

Thank you everyone for your honest advice. I'm re-reading all of your posts atm.
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    Another thing I'd like to add is, yes, it isn't my husband's fault that my temps are off and OPKs aren't working as they were. But all I'm saying is, it would've been better to find out sooner rather than later. I guess that was just my point the whole time.

Two years ago, my husband was completely not ready and didn't know exactly when he'd be ready. However, he made a "compromise" that we start trying because according to his minimal knowledge and research about fertility/TTC, 35 is the "dreaded" age. So his compromise was to wait until I turn 34, which is a year before 35. Why? Because that is what Google told him.

Typing what I just said... I don't know if I'm supposed to be sad, angry, or laugh. It's naive, funny, and upsetting at the same time.
  • Options
    @jenmlangtake2 Haha YES! That made me laugh so hard.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for your response everyone! I've removed that part on my post because it's somehow become like Reddit now - where there's one negative comment that people ruminate about and it eventually becomes a series of negative comments because "bad is always stronger than good." But that's ok, it's human nature.

I already apologized for it (if you scroll back up a bit) and it wasn't my intent to brag or anything.
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    jb129 said:
    Thanks for your response everyone! I've removed that part on my post because it's somehow become like Reddit now - where there's one negative comment that people ruminate about and it eventually becomes a series of negative comments because "bad is always stronger than good." But that's ok, it's human nature.

I already apologized for it (if you scroll back up a bit) and it wasn't my intent to brag or anything.
    You are still ignoring all of the responses from people that don't mention that part or the stress/fertility aspect. It seems like you didn't actually want advice and this was just a dear diary post.

*typo
    Please don't be too quick to judge. No, I'm not ignoring. I wrote above that I have to re-read them all. I just replied to a couple that are related to those to hopefully try to explain myself and avoid it snowballing or becoming a topic solely about that one phrase.

The well thought-out replies I really want to read repeatedly to myself as I know I need those advice - I was planning to reply later. On the other hand, the replies that singled out the money aspect are easy and I didn't want to put off apologizing.
  • Options
    jb129 said:
    jb129 said:

You are still ignoring all of the responses from people that don't mention that part or the stress/fertility aspect. It seems like you didn't actually want advice and this was just a dear diary post.

*typo
    Please don't be too quick to judge. No, I'm not ignoring. I wrote above that I have to re-read them all. I just replied to a couple that are related to those to hopefully try to explain myself and avoid it snowballing or becoming a topic solely about that one phrase.

The well thought-out replies I really want to read repeatedly to myself as I know I need those advice - I was planning to reply later. On the other hand, the replies that singled out the money aspect are easy and I didn't want to put off apologizing.
    Okay, fair enough. I'm very glad you will reread them and consider the advice. 
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    br0co1ii said:
    ****lurking***

****TW  BFP***

OP, I get what you're saying. I really do, and the others have covered my thoughts exactly that you can't blame your husband. It's just crappy timing.
    FWIW... (We started TTC when I was 35.) I had the worst cycle of my life in January. Started with AF from hell on Christmas. Cramps worse than I've ever experienced on CD2. Depression from not only the holidays (every year I get really low) but from another failed month of TTC. Then my temps were all weird. I ovulated late. Took 10 days to get a peak reading on my CBAD (normally 4.) It was just so messed up. Then my bbt broke, so I had to stop charting. I was pretty sure I o'd based on other signs, and managed to get CH's before the death of the thermometer. My chart was NOT pretty. But DH knew how upset I was getting as it was month 7, and he had seen me cry for the first time over the whole thing. He put forth a valiant effort to HIO almost every day thru that extended FW. (Not complaining *wink wink*)Turns out, that was the cycle of my bfp. Had it not worked, I would have needed a break for at least a month to relax. I knew it was getting to me and effecting my health both mentally and physically.

****TW over!***
    Hang in there. TTC is hard. Maybe you need to seriously consider taking a break. If not from TTC all together, from the temping and/or the opk's. Not saying "just relax, it'll happen." But sometimes you need to refocus your energy on something else so it doesn't consume you so much, for your own health and well-being. 
    Wow, this is so similar to what's happening to me. Like I mentioned, everything worked ok when we weren't TTC. But as soon as we TTC, OPKs have become unreliable and temps are off. My thermometer seems to no longer beep too (I think low battery? idk). It's very hard for me to interpret my CM and CP so I don't rely on those methods, but if I did, I'm sure they'd find ways to connive too. Thank you for your advice and good luck! You and some others mentioned I may need a break... I think I do too.
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    izza2 said:
    Honey, do not blame your body changing, like it is perfectly entitled and normal to do, on the fact that your husband was not ready to ttc when you were. It happens, a lot more than you seem to believe. 
    I wanted to ttc this August, looks like hubby isn't on board so we agreed to wait until I'm closer to being done with my degree, barring any unforeseen changes. Shit happens.
    But you can bet your ass I won't blame us not getting pregnant in the first few months of ttc or my body going through changes on him. I mean. Really. Get over yourself.

I have to ask - were you on any birth control prior to ttc, while you were temping and using opks?

Edited for spelling and word changes because my tablet doesn't like swear words and I do.
    Thank you again, pretty blunt! But it's what I'm aware it's what I need :)
  • Options
    jb129jb129 member
    DinosaurJumper: I can't even tell you how many times people have been saying to not stress/overthink this. Yes, it's tough :(
  • Options
    @MrsDho11  Just wanted to say HI and congrats on your BFP... somehow missed that one :)