December 2015 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

because I am grumpy and it's Tuesday 

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    Hubs is a TW. Cole was waking up a lot last night for various comforts because he has another cold. I also have said cold.  Hubs would wake up and roll over when he woke. Then he has the nerve to fall back asleep this morning when I was trying to get out the door with Cole for work. Where the hell is the solidarity?!?  
  • Options
    I asked DH if he could take DD for a few hours last night so I could make her baby book. Our shutterfly coupons expire at the end of the month. He acted like I asked him to take her for a week by himself and became extra salty. This was while we were on our way to his parents and they're having a little quarrel which just made everything even more awkward. Stay away from me with your petty drama people. So many TWs in my life.

In other news though I'm finally getting my Lillebaby today so kudos to DH for that, I guess.. -_-
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The bird that has been flying into our bedroom window since yesterday is a twatwaffle! That bird woke me up this morning, not my LO! 
  • Options
    I work at a Univeristy and the nearest "lactation station" is a block away and located in a bathroom. I mostly use an underutilized office in my building that the department have me a key to, but other people use it too and we have a schedule worked out. The undergrad who found this office and sat in it ALL DAY, forcing me to use the bathroom to pump my milk today is a HUGE TWATWAFFLE. Grrrr. 
  • Options
    I was sitting on the couch watching tv and keeping an eye on my lil man when I see my husband spill some tea on the carpet (he is sitting on the floor in front of me) so instead of getting up and grabbing a rag to clean it he reaches for the baby blanket on the ottoman and starts wiping up the tea on the carpet. Meanwhile I am siting with a smile watching him do this (his back is towards me) and wondering what the heck is going on in his head as to why he would use the baby blanket. Best part, he puts the blanket back on the ottoman as if nothing happened! I didn't say anything, I waited till he was out of the room and put the blanket in the hamper.  I'm scared to know what else he does! 
  • Options
    mltarrio said:
    I work at a Univeristy and the nearest "lactation station" is a block away and located in a bathroom. I mostly use an underutilized office in my building that the department have me a key to, but other people use it too and we have a schedule worked out. The undergrad who found this office and sat in it ALL DAY, forcing me to use the bathroom to pump my milk today is a HUGE TWATWAFFLE. Grrrr. 
    Whoa ... An undergrad felt entitled to office space?!?? That would not fly at all when I worked at a university!! I'd have kicked him/her out so fast their head would have spun. I'm so sorry you had to pump in a bathroom. Ugh! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husbands work is a tw. Yes I am grateful he has a job & they are busy (he's a superintendent for a commercial construction company) but he has a "summer slammer" starting in May which means I'll be lucky if he can take a long weekend. Currently he's on a job in occupied space which means he's working Saturdays (6 days a week) & last year he didn't take a by vaca bc he was going to use it for paternity leave (which he didn't) 
    I know im lucky but not having any family vaca time is lousy. What's the use of all this work if there's no time for play? 
  • Options
    blended10 said:
    My husbands work is a tw. Yes I am grateful he has a job & they are busy (he's a superintendent for a commercial construction company) but he has a "summer slammer" starting in May which means I'll be lucky if he can take a long weekend. Currently he's on a job in occupied space which means he's working Saturdays (6 days a week) & last year he didn't take a by vaca bc he was going to use it for paternity leave (which he didn't) 
    I know im lucky but not having any family vaca time is lousy. What's the use of all this work if there's no time for play? 
    I can relate to this in that hubby doesn't get vacation time, period. He works security and because they're considered an independent contractor rather than an employee they get around a lot of things like time off and raises. To top it off, they're understaffed so he works over time to cover. Most days he works 4pm to 12:15am. It's six and he just got home. This wasn't something they told him about until he was there. They do that. Just randomly schedule without warning or checking with you first. So yea, tw.
  • Options
    I love my SO but today he woke up at 2pm (he works nightshift and leaves the house at 5:30pm) knowing our LO had his injections today and that he'd be cranky, decided that today would be the day he rearranged out room and shoves everything on the bed and leave stuff everywhere.
    Nor only that, when I came home to this mess he jumped in the shower got food and went to work leaving me with it all and a screaming baby!
    I haven't ate since 10am and it's 8pm now!
  • Options
    I know it's not Tuesday anymore, but the tw's today got to me! All of my husbands family who keeps saying they are surprised I'm returning to work in two weeks are tw. They are tw because they are trying (and succeeding) to make me feel guilty. Sorry I'll be the only working wife out of the four families, don't shame me. 

I took my little guy to my work today to show him off before I return and the lady who I have never actually had a real conversation with whose first question was "are you breastfeeding him?" --yes, but why is that your business--- and then saying that he must be cold, he needs socks. Ok, well, it was 70 today outside and we were inside where it was even warmer. No, he isn't cold and doesn't need socks that will just kick right off. Thanks. 

Lastly, my dr. I went in yesterday and she wouldn't stop saying how she hated returning to work after her kids were born (18 years ago). How hard it was, how she felt like a bad mom, became depressed, and lost her milk supply. Wow, thanks for the encouragement. 

Ugh, mom guilt setting in. Sorry so long. 
  • Options
    @parkerhouse so annoying!! You should not feel guilty for returning to work! I have some friends who made negative comments to me for working saying "you could change your lifestyle if you really wanted to stay home" " he needs his mommy not materialistic things". I refuse to allow others people ideas about me returning to work affect me. 

I love my little boy more than words can explain. But I have been back to work for a month now and I don't feel bad. He gets the opportunity to spend time with his daddy while I'm working and I'm happy about that. Stay positive about returning to work and don't let other people negative comments affect you. 

And once you return to work and get yourself on a schedule to pump you will maintain your milk supply. I have a routine with pumping now and I am producing more than he is eating while I'm away so I'm able to keep adding to my freezer stash.