November 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples Check-In

It seems like we've got a few sets of twins now, and perhaps more to come as more get their first ultrasounds so I thought we could start a check in! I'm leaning towards once a month for now, because I think anything more than that will be overwhelming but let me know if you feel otherwise!

1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? 

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di? 

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? 

GTKY: If you could have any superpower, what would you pick?
run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of Multiples Check-In

• 1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? - 8+4; the size of peanut M&Ms

2. How are you feeling? - Surprisingly good. Occasional nausea, lots of fatigue and constipated but overall not bad.

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? - There's most definitely two in there!

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di? - Fairly certain they're di-di but the SCH extends down into the dividing membrane so it's a little difficult to say. I had bilateral corpus luteum cysts so I likely O'd from each side and they are probably fraternal.

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? - Parents, grandparents, inlaws and bros-in-law know as well as my boss and some of my charge nurses at work...wider announcement will come at the end of the first tri (well a little early, on my birthday!)

GTKY: If you could have any superpower, what would you pick? - I think it would be awesome to be able to fly!

• 1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? 7w - the bump says the size of sweet peas.

2. How are you feeling? More exhausted then I remember with my first - but I'm also chasing around a crazy toddler most days :) I've had minor morning sickness/overall nausea but luckily nothing too too bad.

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? Twins

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di? Di-di

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? Announced to most family but still waiting to tell friends.

GTKY: If you could have any superpower, what would you pick? Super speed would be nice!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi!  I just found out today I've got some twin action happening, so I'm here to join your party.

1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? 6w5d and babies are the size of a sweet pea

2. How are you feeling? I didn't have morning sickness with my first two pregnancies but I've definitely got it now.  I'm pretty sure it's the most mild case of ms in the history of pregnancy but it's still kicking my ass.

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? Twins!

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di? No idea.  This is all just sinking in and the only questions I asked the u/s tech was if she was lying or playing an April Fools joke on me.

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? My best friend has identical girls so I called her right away.  And I called my sister because her husband has been trying to decide if he wants to be a SAHD and I said it would really help me out a lot if he would go ahead and quit his job :)

GTKY: If you could have any superpower, what would you pick? I want that superpower some people have of always keeping their house clean.  I feel like ours never is, or is for a very very short amount of time.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • 1. 8 weeks 5 days along - the size of two little raspberries. :)

2. I've felt okay this entire pregnancy. Some occasional nausea, but no vomiting. And tired. Very tired.

3. We're having twins!

4. I don't know what this means, but there are two gestational sacs, so definitely fraternal. I have a family history of fraternal twins. We knew it was a possibility when we conceived, but it's still a shock!

5. We had told a couple of close friends and family that we were expecting, but when we found out yesterday we couldn't help but blab to everyone. We're just too excited!!

GTKY: Superpower... hmm... The ability to be in two places at once? Or maybe four arms. Although, that just sounds like a fortunate genetic anomaly. But both would be very helpful when these cutie pies pop out!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ICUnurse09

mo-mo is monochorionic, monoamniotic (single placenta, single sac) - always identical
    mo-di is monochorionic, diamniotic (single placenta, two sacs) - almost always identical (rare exceptions)
    di-di is dichorionic, diamniotic (two placentas, two sacs) - 75% fraternal, 25% identical - most common and "safest" type of twins to carry (no risk of TTTS).

• Did not know that, thanks! 
    The nurse told me fraternal, but didn't explain why. I just assumed that when you had two sacs, they were automatically fraternal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Did not know that, thanks! 
    The nurse told me fraternal, but didn't explain why. I just assumed that when you had two sacs, they were automatically fraternal. 
    If you have two corpus luteum cysts, it's very likely that they are fraternal so maybe that's what they saw?(I had a cyst on each ovary so we're fairly certain our babes are fraternal for that reason.

• Hi Everyone,
    I'm super happy to be joining! I lurked on the Feb. 15 club, but I thought I would get involved this time! I have one sweet 13 month DD, so this is a huge shock! (I thought DH would faint)
    1. 7+1, so two little sweet peas!
    2. I feel decent. I'm nauseous, but never actually get sick. My boobs also feel like they might fall off.
    3. Just two! They looked extra hard just to make sure :)
    4. Di-Di
    5. I have told a few close friends, but I have been spotting for a few weeks(I have 2 small sub chronic bleeds...Dr. isn't worried at all, but still makes me cautious) We told most people around 12 weeks with DD, so that's my plan this time! It seems so far away right now.

GTKY: Is the ability to always be well-rested a super power? I would pick that!
    Married since Jan 2013
    Sweet DD born at 41 weeks Feb 2015
    *Diagnosed with lean PCOS*
    TWINS due 11/22/2016

• Hi Everyone, I brand new to the group and was in search of other MOMs. My original due date was December 23rd, but adjusted to 34 weeks our goal is 11/11 so I'm sticking with Nov 16. 

1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? - 14 + 4

2. How are you feeling? - Much better now.... weeks 8-13 were brutal! 

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? - Triplets =) 

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di? - Tri- Tri 2 boys and a girl (and we have a 17 month old daughter)

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? - We just announced last week once we had the results from our CVS testing. Such a relief to be out of the closet! 

Happy to connect with other MOMs, long but very exciting journey ahead!
  • 1. How far along are you and what size are the babies? 
    Im 19+5, we found out exactly a week ago at an elective scan. I have no idea what size they are or really much details at all, since the ultrasound was for gender (of what we thought was just one baby lol) and not much else. We have the anatomy scan next Friday and I should learn more about my babies then! 

2. How are you feeling? 
    I'm still feeling pretty good! MS ended at about 16 weeks, and I'm just now starting to get some sciatica/back pain, but otherwise symptom free (for now). 

3. Are your having twins, triplets or more? Twins

4. Do you know if they are mo-mo, mo-di or di-di?
    Not sure! I do know they are fraternal, boy and a girl. Does that mean di-Di?

5. Have you announced to everyone, or still waiting? We told my parents on Sunday, and telling DHs family tomorrow, then we'll make it public! 

GTKY: If you could have any superpower, what would you pick? Three arms! Bout to have a toddler and twin newborns, I'm definitely freaking out a little!
    28 years old. Married 5 years.
    DD born Oct 2014 via C-Section (footling breech)
    Baby #2 (AND #3...SURPRISE!) Due Nov 17, 2016. Found out it was twins at 18+5! 

• I really thought I had posted on here before. Oh well.

Congratulations @elsie2014 and @jaymo517

I am 21+2 right now with twins. At my last a/s these little girls were measuring right on track. My next one is next Wednesday. I am seeing mfm every 2 weeks. 

I am feeling ok. It really varies from day to day. Some days I have energy, some day I have none. I am starting to feel a lot of pulling and i am just uncomfortable. My skin itches like crazy. 

The twins are fraternal and everyone knows at this point. 

As far as super powers...right now I just want the motivation and energy to get the nursery put together.  I am in the same boat with both of you, DS is 19 months so he wears me out as well.