November 2016 Moms
Options

TTT 3/29

ten things Tuesday. Post any 10 random things. Try and keep it positive.
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: TTT 3/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @talkthewholetime that's tremendous that you have an OB who believes in personal care like that. I'm stoked for you.

@amandar417 what kind of pup? You are a proud mama, too cute. Puppy school is a lot of work. Mine was the one in class who embarrassed me rotten.

@m6agua I'll eat the cinnamon rolls and cheer you on at the gym from the couch.

@shallowseas I am so happy you are getting some peace of mind. 8 weeks is a tremendous milestone. ♥
  • Options
    1. MH bought me watermelon pieces and the first canister was awesome but the second is bad and I'm sad.
    2. I'm looking at new (to me) Acadia Denalis and I am SO EXCITED for this summer when I can get one!
    3. I'm getting a new windshield tomorrow for my car.  It's had a huge crack in it for 1.5 years.  I can't wait!
    4.I'm starting sleep training (again) with DS next week and I'm looking forward to nights getting better again.  He knows how to go to sleep on his own, but ever since he got RSV last month it's been iffy.
    5. I've been really into jelly beans lately.
    6. My nails are growing so quickly! and man are they strong!
    7. I'm hungry, but this was supposed to be positive and I can't think of anything else positive lol
    8. Oh! DS is napping :)
    9. I'm making mac and cheese for lunch
    10. It's my SILs gender reveal this weekend! Shes 3 weeks ahead of me and I'm so excited!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @AmandaR417 rice crispy treats sound amazing and that is all I want right now! 
    @ShallowSeas I agree! 8 weeks feels good :) 
    @HomeyDontPlayThat WOW! That is amazing! Go girl!

1. I am on spring break, and it could not be at a better time!
    2. It is sunny out today :) I love the sun and in Wisconsin, you don't always get that. 
    3. Waiting for the window guy to get here. 8 minutes left in his two hour window, but I am on the couch so I don't even mind!
    4. Had a great Pure Barre workout this morning! I did not make my 20 classes in 31 days but so far I am at 13 and being pregnant I am going to call that a win!
    5. I am getting pregnant friendly sushi for lunch today and my mouth is watering as I type this.
    6. I have already finished 1 full Nalgene bottle of water today, onto number 2. 
    7. Animal crackers from Trader Joe's are life changing.
    8. I made the bed this morning!
    9. I have 10 math tests left to grade, 18 down!
    10. My u/s in on Thursday morning! My husband is convinced we are having twins. He is trying to mentally prepare me. I just can't wait for my appointment! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @HomeyDontPlayThat The puppy is a blue heeler. I also have a GSD/Husky mix (he's my profile pic!) and we took in my sister's 11-yr-old red heeler a couple years ago.

Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. I just made myself walk two miles pushing the stroller up and down small hills.
    2. I hated myself the entire time but I'm glad I pushed through.
    3. Now I won't feel bad about the ice cream for lunch.
    4. My daughters 2nd birthday is in two weeks and I've done nothing.
    5. Think we will just do a small BBQ with family, a couple of balloons and Minnie Mouse cupcakes. 
    6. I'm going to order a kids craft kitchen for her, I heard they are a pain to put together so I'm already dreading assembly.
    7. Ordered her a "big sister" tshirt from etsy, I'm going to have her open it at her party and see who gets it. 
    8. My first appt and ultrasound is next Wednesday! 
    9. So glad to be back near my hometown so I can use my OBGYN who I've seen since I was 15. 
    10. I think I'll rent the Hunger Games instead of laundry and vacuuming.

• Options
    1) Saw my family doctor this morning to go over bloodwork and have a physical done. All looks good!
    2) She's so sweet. I'm sad to be leaving her for an OB. I wish she could be with me the whole pregnancy.
    3) I am so anxious for my u/s on Friday, just praying that all is well in there!
    4) Looking forward to dinner with two of my girlfriends tomorrow night, even if it's wine Wednesday.
    5) My dog has been farting so much today and it smells awful.
    6) PB and crackers are the greatest thing ever.
    7) I need to stop drinking so much ginger ale. 
    8) Jolly ranchers seriously help with the nausea.
    9) DH is in a charity poker tourney tonight. 
    10) I'm torn between wanting him to get all of that $$ and wanting him to get knocked out early so I can actually see him before bedtime.

@m6agua- FX for a great u/s today!

@mrs_hoyahoo- We love the Americans. Good call on re-watching Season 2, I'll have to do that.

@nauticallife- I'm making baked mac & cheese for dinner, yum!

@anne11716- FX for Thursday!

@MrsBinPA- Have fun with your Dad tonight! I'm a Daddy's girl too.

• Options
    1. I'm feeling like gardening.
    2. Getting my moms 42nd birthday present set up. 
    3. @talkthewholetime I'm 19 and knocked up and my parents were over the moon.  Having babies young is completely normal in my family. 
    4. Every person on my Facebook announced they were pregnant recently. 
    5. Buying things for the nursery this week. 
    6. I'm an extreme planner. (; 
    7. Trying to sort out H's leave because he deploys right after Baby is born.  
    8. A diamond fell out of my ring so I have to get it fixed but I'm not willing to ship it off somewhere. 
    9. Planning our Yosemite trip! 
    10. Who the hell actually likes spaghetti squash? Gag. 

• Options
    1. I'm making rice krispie treats tonight, thank you @AmandaR417
    2. After seeing the heartbeat at my u/s today I don't have a care in the world and it's all I can think about
    3. H and I talked about the 12 week genetic testing. We're leaning towards doing it...what about you all? Yes or no?
    4. I have to pee but really don't feel like getting up to do so
    5. My dr told me she wants me to gain 25-35lbs for the pregnancy, my husband had to pick up my jaw off the floor
    6. I'll do anything for this baby :)
    7. We still haven't told anyone, and are planning on holding out until after our 12 week u/s
    8. I need nose plugs, the smell of anything that isn't fresh air makes me want to vomit
    9. I lurk on the TTGP board way too much, but I'm just so happy for the ladies that get their BFPs!
    10. I took a 20 minute nap during my lunch hour and it was amazing :)

• Options
    @HomeyDontPlayThat The puppy is a blue heeler. I also have a GSD/Husky mix (he's my profile pic!) and we took in my sister's 11-yr-old red heeler a couple years ago.

OH MY GOSH.I am dying. Thank you for sharing, so so precious. I'm a total dog freak. I consider my in laws 2 border collies to be part mine, I helped raise them/train them, when we briefly lived with them they slept with us. I can't wait to get my own. Heelers are just so stinking kyoot.
  • Options
    1. One more week until my ultrasound! Are we there yet??
    2. H was excited to make this huge batch of vegetable soup and cornbread over the weekend so that I wouldn't have to cook. I thought it was delicious for two days, but by last night my nose had apparently changed its mind, and I couldn't down another bite. It makes me sad, because H was stoked to do this nice thing for me, but he's quite understanding, and for that I'm very grateful.
    3. I need a break from all the ginger.
    4. My copy of "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" came in yesterday afternoon. The best part was seeing the "actual size" drawings of the baby week by week. It's one thing to think of it as a raspberry, but quite another to actually envision it as a raspberry-sized little nugget with sweet little arms and legs and a face!
    5. As miserable as the first trimester is, I'm a bit saddened by the prospect of losing all these excuses to eat whatever and sleep whenever I want once the second rolls around!
    6. I would typically call myself a "mountain person," but lately I've wanted nothing more than to take a trip to the beach. (And not the "beaches" here in Chicago... gross.) It has been six years since I've taken a proper beach trip, and I can't stop thinking about it!
    7. I spent an hour yesterday strengthening the privacy settings on my Facebook. Everyone's creeper stories about crazies on The Bump scared a little sense into me!
    8. I started crying several times the other night during a documentary about Mark Twain.
    9. All of my close girlfriends from college are meeting up in Nashville for a weekend in May to celebrate the upcoming weddings of two of them. (I'm presently the only married one.) While it stinks that I won't be able to join in on the celebratory drinking, I am SO pumped to spend the weekend with them. I love being married, but sometimes you just need some time with your girls, y'know?
    10. I think we're supposed to host a couple friends for dinner this weekend... Does toast and ice cream count as an appropriate meal? Cuz that's kinda all I want to "cook" right now.
  • Options
    @NordyMN89
    H and I have decided that we will be doing the 12 week genetic screening.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    1. Found out today that the Panorama test will be $200 at my OB. Decisions!
    2. My 18 month-old is teething and will.not.nap
    3. Oh, and he's getting vaccinations later today. Double whammy. Early bedtime, anyone?
    4. I'm trying out some new prenatal yoga DVDs tonight.
    5. Now that I'm pregnant, I'm seeing pregnant ladies EVERYwhere.
    6. I'm going to the Kentucky Derby at 12 weeks. Two days of drunken parties while pregnant, anyone?
    7. So many couples at my church are foster parents. It's inspiring.
    8. DH and I have never agreed on baby names. This one looks like it's shaping up to be the same way.
    9. I made a new friend today. How often does that happen?!
    10. Can't we make these TWO things Tuesdays? ;)
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • Options

@NordyMN89
    Have you looked into the cost? It depends on your insurance and the deal your OB has worked out with a specific test provider. The best price I can get is $200 for Panorama.  Can I be completely honest that my number one reason would be to find out the sex of the baby sooner?
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited March 2016
    muybueno said:

@NordyMN89
    Have you looked into the cost? It depends on your insurance and the deal your OB has worked out with a specific test provider. The best price I can get is $200 for Panorama.  Can I be completely honest that my number one reason would be to find out the sex of the baby sooner?
    I haven't looked into the cost yet.  I still need to call my insurance and see how much, if any, they'll cover.  $200!? I don't like the sound of that.  If it's going to be too much OOP then we may discuss NOT doing it lol. We've already spent way too much TTC this baby! Really the only reason we planned on doing it was to be better prepared if something was found through the testing...but it wouldn't change anything in the end so we may opt out if its going to be too expensive.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    1. 2yo woke up puking after nap yesterday. Thankfully seems to have been an isolated incident and she's much better today.
    2. I really miss bourbon.  
    3. And wine.
    4. First appointment tomorrow! I'm really hoping for an ultrasound but this is a new-to-me provider so idk how they do things.
    5. Told my parents when we visited a few weeks ago and I still feel like I'm 19 and knocked up even though I'm 29 and married with a 2yo. @talkthewholetime
    6. 2yo is taking an awesome long nap today. 
    7. I really need to go grocery shopping.
    8. We almost got outed at lunch with friends from church on Sunday.
    9. So many of my friends have announced pregnancies recently! Guess we're just at that stage.
    10. 2yo is upstairs talking from her crib so it sounds like my bumping time is up!

@HomeyDontPlayThat We're having gyros for dinner! Just give me the tzatziki and nobody gets hurt.

@AmandaR417 I'm dying for some rice krispie treats- I'll have to make some this week!

mrs_hoyahoo The Americans is definitely on our list to watch- I've heard good things! Unfortunately since I turn into a pumpkin at 9:30 pm these days our tv watching has been a little curtailed...

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    1. My SIL is having her baby girl tomorrow! 
    2. I'm making a caprese quinoa bake for dinner. Mmm ...
    3. I'm debating trying for a VBAC is my dr. will let me, still so undecided though. I guess I have lots of reading to do about it.
    4. Went to my new OBGYN's office yesterday and really liked it. We changed insurance so I had to change doctors and I was worried I would hate a new one, but I was pleasantly surprised.
    5. In the past week DS has really shown an interest in baby sign language. We've done a little with him for several months now and he never really picked up on it, but now he is signing "more" and "milk" constantly, so I'm trying to be better at using signs and learning new ones to teach him.
    6. Pregnancy makes me crave orange juice and eggs like a crazy person. Fried egg sandwiches, especially. 
    7. I really need to take everything out of my pantry and completely reorganize it. It looks like a bomb went off in there.
    8. I'm obsessed with taking DS to our local library. We're there several times a week and we're going today when he wakes up from his nap.
    9. My dad keeps asking my mom if I'm pregnant  :#
    10. I have 2 pineapples sitting on my kitchen table that I need to slice and put in the fridge.
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    edited March 2016
    1.  @ShallowSeas just made my day with news of Fixer Upper coming to Netflix.
    2. I ate buttered noodles for dinner. When H doesn't cook, I eat like a child.
    3. I've been periodically staring at the calendar every day wishing the weeks would go faster. I can't wait to tell people!
    4. Finally got the keys to our cabin. Can't wait to see it this weekend. (It comes with H's job)
    5. I'm going to be late to an appointment if I don't leave in 5 minutes, but I'm busy reading the bump. Why do I always delve into TTT when I have to be somewhere?
    6. I think my hair is thicker. 
    7. I wonder if my coworkers notice how much I've been eating lately.
    8. I had a chai tea from Starbucks this morning and it was sooo good. 
    9. Then I googled "is chai okay when pregnant?" It seems to be.
    10. Love that the sun's out today. Hope it gets a little warmer soon.

ETA: Just saw that one of my TTT's is the same as @mrs_hoyahoo :) Lots of Fixer Upper fans around here! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @NordyMN89 DH and I decided against any genetic screening. I think the major reason is that when we asked ourselves,  "what would we do if the genetic test showed something?" the answer was.... Nothing.  Plus there's a 5% false positive rate,  and only an 85% detection rate,  so positive or negative,  the results aren't perfect and would simply cause us a lot if stress.

Dont get me wrong--I totally understand why people would choose to get the testing done,  it just isn't the right choice for DH and I. 
    Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. My mandatory Tuesday morning session today was sleeping in and going for brunch with my group. Yay Wellness Day! 
    2. Brunch was awesome.
    3. My son has turned into his father when it comes to grooming. Took him to the barber yesterday and he just said "Whatever you think would look good."
    4. I'm listening to Great Big Sea and even though they aren't from my province, they're sort of adopted sons of my province and it makes me miss home. 
    5. A Great Lake is no substitute for the ocean. 
    6. Found my favourite maternity jeans. Life is good. 
    7. My husband is making spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread for supper tonight. 
    8. Had a weird dream about being chased by a Dalek last night. 
    9. Tried a shampoo bar from Lush and it did amazing things to my hair. 
    10. Our kitten thinks she's a dog. It's hilarious to watch her wrestle with our 60lb lab mix. 

K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    1. I took my son to physical therapy this morning. He has officially graduated from the program! He had torticollis and hip dysplasia from being breech.
    2. I also took my son to the dentist right after.
    3. I didn't realize my son pooped (he's only 2!) until we were sitting on the dentist chair and had to hope he didn't smell it during the exam.
    4. I took a unison last night and I could barely keep my eyes open all day.
    5. We had lunch catered for work. It was pizza. So delicious.
    6. We are going over to my grandmas for dinner. Gotta love her home cooking!
    7. I left work a little early and am laying on the couch in pure silence before I have to pick up my son and DH comes home.
    8. I have an ultrasound next week! I'll be 7w4d.
    9. We have a mini Australian shepherd named Leon.
    10. My stomach is growling at the moment which means the nausea will be here any second.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married 7/2012
    DS born 11/2013
    Ectopic , right tube removed 8/2015
    BFP 3/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsflamingo - If you have happen to have Amazon Prime, Seasons 1-3 of The Americas are available for free! That's how I usually watch it :)

Kid #1: Two years old
    Kid #2: Due Date 11/16/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NordyMN89 I'm planning on doing the genetic testing even after having karyotyping of both DH & I and being carrier screened for several things.  We want to have all the data about the pregnancy we can.  I'm also over 35 so at higher risk for issues.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    1. Cool ranch Doritos.  My bff. 
    2. I know I should work out but I soooo don't feel like it
    3 I love randy from teen mom 2. Best dad ever!
    4. I can't wait for mid May - end of first trimester 
    5.  Peeps. Mmmm
    6. That's all I can come up.  
    Six things Tuesday :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1. My goal this pregnancy is to not worry as much 
    2. My second goal is to potty train my daughter well before baby comes so we don't have two in diapers and she doesn't regress on potty training
    3. I just want to enjoy eating food again (I have food aversion to everything)
    4. I secretly hope we have another girl! 
    5. I have dreams about being in a bakery with yummy amazing pastries and frosting 
    6. If I could live on milky ways I would
    7. I'm so ready for real spring weather (we are expecting snow the next two days)
    8. I question why I'm on Facebook daily 
    9. I'm excited to start showing earlier this pregnancy so I have an excuse to buy new cloths
    10. Excited and nervous for our first Ultra sound on Monday! 
  • Options
    1. Going to see Wicked tonight! It'll be my 3rd time but Hubby's first!
    2. Today was a gorgeous day. It's been cold and windy, so it was a nice change.
    3. I ate leftover pizza for both breakfast and dinner. Nomnomnom
    4. Hubs started his new job yesterday!
    5. Told 2 very good friends this morning and they were both so thrilled- I love my friends.
    6. I have a thing of Smarties in my purse for the show tonight- they're hard to find here and I love them so much.
    7. Blue Apron showed up today and this week looks AWESOME. Can't wait to cook all the things. 
    8. Bumped into a friend from work who is out on maternity leave with her second boy... she looked exhausted but her little guy was SO cute. 
    9. Clean sheets on my bed made for an awesome nap this afternoon. 
    10. Lunch with my dad tomorrow- he's been very stressed about work so I'm happy to see him. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NordyMN89 DH and I decided against any genetic screening. I think the major reason is that when we asked ourselves,  "what would we do if the genetic test showed something?" the answer was.... Nothing.  Plus there's a 5% false positive rate,  and only an 85% detection rate,  so positive or negative,  the results aren't perfect and would simply cause us a lot if stress.

Dont get me wrong--I totally understand why people would choose to get the testing done,  it just isn't the right choice for DH and I. 
    This is exactly why we're not doing it. I completely understand why people would, and if I were over 35 I might consider it, but I wouldn't terminate based on a test that could have a false positive. I'd rather not put myself in the position of even having to choose - I'll take ignorant bliss. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    1- I went back to work today after being off for 2 weeks and was so nervous. 
    2- it was a great day at work surprisingly. 
    3- BF bought me a cooked salmon sushi roll. 
    4- I've started to re watch friends for the 50th time. 
    5- I want a pregnancy pillow and think I'm going to get one next month. I don't feel like its needed for sleep yet but I know it would make me happy 
    6- my cat has been so cuddly since I came home from work. She's 20 so she's super sassy. 
    7- I've been saying 'piss' all day. About everything. 
    8- I have to work in 11 hours and 45 minutes and I'm oddly excited about it 
    9- I'm getting lucky tonight 
    10- I have leftover pizza for lunch tomorrow
  • Options

1) There is nothing worse than the smell of stale cooked food during pregnancy. Nothing.

2) I am never cooking food again.

3) When the hell is the new season of Teen Mom 2 going to be on Hulu??? I am dying.

4) TTGP is so lame and tame these days.

5) I should really go to bed.

6) All I can smell is the food smell. I opened all the doors and windows at 10 pm and 39 degrees outside. It still reeks.

7) I hate the new bump format.

8) Zero of these have been positive.

9) I can't find my bag of maternity clothes. I am pretty lazy and looked in like 2 places and then gave up.

10) I need maternity jeans already. This second pregnancy bloat is no joke.