Tips for someone planning to be a SAHM? — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Tips for someone planning to be a SAHM?

Hi, i'm lurking from the December BMB. I am planning on leaving my job after the baby is here and solely working from home. My job from home is a blessing but it pays hardly anything, but better than nothing. Me quitting my "day" job will be a significant loss in income, but considering the cost of daycare's in the area it would eat up 75% of my take home pay anyway so really not worth it. Any tips for budgeting/planning for the next 8 months? Anything you wish you knew before you became a SAHM?
Met DH - 9/2003
Dating - 9/18/2012
Married - 8/16/2014
NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
*PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

Re: Tips for someone planning to be a SAHM?

• I agree with the PP. Live on your husband's income now and save yours. I found it really helpful to have a budget and track expenses each month so we knew where money was going. You'll need to save some room in the budget for baby expenses as well. Being a stay at home mom is a gift, and I would never trade it, but it is lonely at the very beginning. My mom is retired but lives far away, so I ended up talking to her a lot during the day when the baby was sleeping. That helped a lot.
    christina4436
  • Loading the player...
  • Look up Mr. Money Mustache. It's a fantastic site with a lot of out-of-the-box ways to cut down on spending. 

I I also agree with PPs. It can be lonely, so look for mom groups and other local moms. 
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • dp11dp11 member
    After we found out we were pregnant with our third baby, my husband and I decided that financially we could no longer afford daycare. It was going to cost $300+/ week to keep all my babies in day care. I would pretty much be working just to pay someone else to watch my kids! I was nervous but I put in my notice and became a stay at home mom. It was one of the best decisions ever!! I still struggle daily, but it's so worth it. I'm not gonna lie when I tell you it won't be hard at first, because it is. I couldn't believe how different my children seemed to act with just mommy around. Also, I missed working and felt like all I did was lay around the house. My biggest advice is make a schedule, and keep it! It will help you get up and stay productive. Good luck!
    JulieJayyykimey1