October 2015 Moms
Options

Diarrhea for two weeks

lam81686lam81686 member
edited March 2016 in October 2015 Moms
looking for some mama advice...my five month old baby has had diarrhea for two weeks. I brought her to the doctor twice now. The first time they switched her formula and gave me a probiotic supplement (Gerber soothe). It got better for about a day and then came back. The second time I went to the doctor he said it might be something called toddlers diarrhea and there's nothing we can do but when I looked that up it doesn't seem to fit her description. 

Then the past two days she has started eating much less so I'm getting more worried  about dehydration and malnutrition. 

Has anyone had this happen to them? Looking for some advice to help put me at ease or to help my baby's tummy since the doctors aren't paying me any mind. 

TIA!

Re: Diarrhea for two weeks

• Options
    Look into Leap 5. That may help explain less interest in food. My LOs BMs are still quite watery (breastmilk). So to me it looks like diarrhea but it is just normal. What was the consistency before the change? Are there any other symptoms?
  • Options
    Does he/she have a cold? Mine keeps getting colds and because of the post nasal drip, keeps getting diarrhea from swallowing all of that stuff. 

Also teething makes them swallow a lot more saliva which may also cause it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She had a cold a few weeks ago which the first doctor thought was the cause of the diarrhea. But interesting about the saliva. She is definitely teething and drooling SO much. That may be it. Thank you!