1st Trimester

"Morning" sickness starting at 4am!?

I've started a new routine of waking up at 4am every morning feeling nauseous and dry retching. Every morning now - I could set my clock by it. Feeling sick most of the day has been draining, but now this early start? I need sleep! Anyone else up through the night with nausea? Any remedies?

Re: "Morning" sickness starting at 4am!?

• eat carbs in bed. I sleep with challah in a Baggie and eat it when I wake up ready to hurl. it helps. 
  • keep some saltine crackers beside your bed to munch on. i found keeping something in my stomach really helped fight the nausea. Gatorade also helped a lot, as well as these things called Preggie Pops that they sell at BRU. they're like little candies that are specifically meant to help pregnant women with nausea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly it helped me to wake up at like 2 am and have a small snack. If I ate more often I didn't get sick as often, but my mornings were the worst with my daughter and no food go rid of it. I would throw up until I had nothing left, then I could sip on a coke and eat a few skittles. Seriously that is what helped. I swear I lived of those fruit squeeze pouches that they give little kids for weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Agree with PPs, small carby snacks. Try sea-bands, they worked great for me. I found mine at CVS.
  • I was constantly nauseated at night as well.  I started taking half a Unisom at night and B6 supplements (my doctor recommended it, but look into it if you're not sure).  It was been amazing!  I still get waves of sickness here and there, but none of this waking up in the middle of the night crap!
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• Lee_GLee_G member
    4:30 am -- woke up, dry heaved, ate saltines, relief! Hope I can manage this by keeping something on my stomach. Thanks for the recommendation for Sea Bands!