October 2015 Moms
Options

Sex?

okay! My husband and my sex life is non existent. It is the last thing on either on of our minds now that baby is here. Our son is  6 months now, I realize we need to do some damage control and bring sexy back. How? What? When? And why? I need advice and reassurance that we are not the only couple that aren't having sex and frankly aren't missing it yet

Re: Sex?

• Options
    Honestly I feel the same way.. I couldn't care less if we never had sex again.. BUT my husband has a very high sex drive and it keeps my mind at ease knowing that he's "taken care of" in that region and wouldn't bother looking somewhere else! We were having sex probably 5 times a week after I had recovered from childbirth but it's down to about 2 times per week at the moment as he isn't in my good books.. Lol 

its hard to feel sexy after childbirth and to be completely honest I feel really disgusted with the way I look.. But I try and keep myself looking reasonably tidy when my husband comes home because I don't want him thinking I let myself go and used motherhood as an excuse to not put in the effort. The way I see it is I was a wife before I was a mother, and I obviously want the best thing for my child which is two parents happily married, for that to happen my husband and I need to make sure each other is satisfied emotionally, mentally and on his part, physically. 
  • Options
    I don't have a sex life and I have no interest in it either. My baby is almost 5 months old and we haven't had sex since he was born. I like to blame it on hormones and breastfeeding, but I feel like I have gone off my husband since having my baby. I often wish it was just my son and I. Maybe that's a whole other story...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We typically have sex 3-5 times a week. We have high sex drives, especially SO. There are times we aren't as active but we try to have some alone time at night in the first sleep period. We hav older children so sneaking away during nap isn't very easy but we have times where we do it. We're on a slow pace me since he had a vasectomy and is healing. 

When I had my first I was with my ex and I had no sex drive. Throughout both pregnancies with him I had no desire from 14 weeks pregnant until a good bit after.
    My biggest recommendation is have a date night just you two. No focus on the baby, I know it's hard, just focus on the two of you and enjoying your time together. It helps to feel the love and desire again. Get dressed up and feel sexy. 
  • Options
    Thanks!! I like how you said you try to look taken care off when he comes home. It's so easy to do the messy bun , no make up and forget to shower for - couple days!! That's probably not helping our situation! Thank you! I will think of this and hopefully we'll find out groove. I agree feeling it is more his need than mine right now!
  • Options
    We're definitely having less sex (1-2x a week). We've been communicating about it and making an effort to prioritize it. Mostly on the weekends now but since his weekday sleep is regulating I think we'll try for at least one weeknight. I don't want to neglect our relationship but feel it's taken a backseat the last few months. Time to get back on track!
  • Options
    My husband and I never have had a lot of sex (like once every few weeks maybe). He would everyday if I wanted but I just don't have much of a sex drive and never really have and its gotten so much less since I got pregnant. He doesn't like to pressure me or for me to do it if I really don't want because he feels bad. But since we got pregnant we've had sex twice. Yes my son was 5 months on Saturday and we've had sex once since Feb 2015. Its our 2 year wedding anniversary on the 5th so I know it will happen again. I just don't have much desire, I'm super insecure plus I'm freaking exhausted from being a "on" all the time between being a mom, a wife, and working full time. I need to make more of an effort and I know it but its so hard. Mommas gotta get her groove back some how...
  • Options
    dimi2015 said:
    Honestly I feel the same way.. I couldn't care less if we never had sex again.. BUT my husband has a very high sex drive and it keeps my mind at ease knowing that he's "taken care of" in that region and wouldn't bother looking somewhere else! We were having sex probably 5 times a week after I had recovered from childbirth but it's down to about 2 times per week at the moment as he isn't in my good books.. Lol 

its hard to feel sexy after childbirth and to be completely honest I feel really disgusted with the way I look.. But I try and keep myself looking reasonably tidy when my husband comes home because I don't want him thinking I let myself go and used motherhood as an excuse to not put in the effort. The way I see it is I was a wife before I was a mother, and I obviously want the best thing for my child which is two parents happily married, for that to happen my husband and I need to make sure each other is satisfied emotionally, mentally and on his part, physically. 
    Twice a week is still good! LOL. We're at like once every 3-4 weeks. My drive has gone down a lot but his has gone up -- go figure! I'd rather sleep, play with the baby or clean, to be honest. LOL. So sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)
  • Options
    dimi2015 said:

Twice a week is still good! LOL. We're at like once every 3-4 weeks. My drive has gone down a lot but his has gone up -- go figure! I'd rather sleep, play with the baby or clean, to be honest. LOL. So sad.
    I'm only 20 and he's 23 so we should be at it like rabbits... Don't even want to think what it will be like 10 years from now if I'm already over it
  • Options
    Well if you guys are getting it on, use protection if not planning for another baby. Speaking from experience, just found I'm pregnant 
    not planned