Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NBR: Book Talk

Re: NBR: Book Talk

• Options
    @DiFazette interested in what you think of Reconstructing Amelia! It's been sitting on my bookshelf for ages now.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    @DiFazette interested in what you think of Reconstructing Amelia! It's been sitting on my bookshelf for ages now.
    @PennStateCait - so far, so good!  I keep wanting to pick it up every time I have a few minutes so that's a good sign.  It's an easy read so I'm blowing through it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    redheelerredheeler member
    edited March 2016
    What book(s) are you reading right now?
    none right now 2yr old DS keeps me on my toes, generally don't get a chance to sit down with a book

What is your favorite book? Can't pick one, the night angel trilogy - Brent weeks

Who is your favorite author? Douglas Adams.

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why? Sabina Kane from the red headed step child. Her character oozes confidence and power, some days I wish I felt that powerful.

although when I was a kid I always wanted to be a part of the Deltora quest books! I used to imagine elaborate plots that followed the books, I was such a nerd lol!

i have always been stuck firmly in the fantasy genre though, occasionally dabbing into sci-fi (hence Douglas Adams, I adore the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy trilogy!)
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    I'm down for a book club with a historical fiction book. That's my favorite genre!
  • Options
    BerkeBaby said:
    @furbabymom2007 and @RatsPJ - I would be happy to give the book club another go, if anyone else is interested. Perhaps a different book would be more successful? 

We could do a historical fiction piece, since that seems to be a popular genre in this group? However, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Anyone else interested in trying the book club again? Any ideas/suggestions?

If not, no big deal, we can keep posting these GTKY posts about what everyone is reading. :)
    I'd be up for this, I'm ready for a good read.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @meilay I don't do the challenge! I'm not sure I even knew they had one, I'll have to look into it!

I'll read a book, and especially if it was really good, I'll take a while to start another one afterwards. (A week to a few). I get so attached that I need a while to get over it being over LOL! 
  • Options
    I don't mind getting another book club together. Any book ideas? When would we like to start?
  • Options
    @berkebaby I'd totally be in as well! I also love historical fiction so that works for me! 

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left

• Options
    BerkeBaby said:
    @furbabymom2007 and @RatsPJ - I would be happy to give the book club another go, if anyone else is interested. Perhaps a different book would be more successful? 

We could do a historical fiction piece, since that seems to be a popular genre in this group? However, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Anyone else interested in trying the book club again? Any ideas/suggestions?

If not, no big deal, we can keep posting these GTKY posts about what everyone is reading. :)
    I am totally interested, but have no recommendations as I typically read series lol.  Id love a good historical fiction! Or or or.... Something a little saucy ;) it never hurts to get the imagination going to help all the bd'ing that needs to be happening.  
  • Options
    Mylitta said:
    ***** Lurker - 1st time poster *******
    I had to respond due to the amazingness of books.

Re-reading the In Death series. Currently Treachery.

What is your favorite book? 
    Where The Red Fern Grows - it's the first book to really make me feel. 
    Outlander... the series. 

Who is your favorite author?
    I can't pick one... Jim Butcher, Patricia Briggs, Nora Roberts/JD Robb.

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why?
    No idea.  I'd think about Eve Dallas or Claire. They're both pretty bad ass.

And because this makes me smile every time, please enjoy:
    https://youtu.be/lmEbF2uhsZk
    Yes!  I am rereading (well, re listening to) the in death series!  I am on Imitation in death :) 
  • Options
    Geez like 3. I'm reading Jane Eyre, but also some totally bad story on Wattpad because I needed a trashy romance fix, and I'm "reading" a biography about Cleopatra but in having some trouble with the pace so I had to take a break.

What is your favorite book? 
    Outlander Outlander Outlander Outlander :smiley: 

Who is your favorite author?
    Monica McCarty (highlander romances, personal fave), J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie.

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why?
    Hm. Miss Marple from Agatha Christie's books. That ol' gal is who I want to be when I grow up.

Book club stuff - I would be in for a historical fiction read! That's one of my favorite genres.

I saw some GoodReads chatter - I have no clue how to look people up but I'd love to grow a friends list with people!
  • Options
    @khbear

hmmm I could use a new highlander romance..  (Karen Marie moning has some good ones if you haven't come across them yet).

i am also on goodreads, but I am really bad about keeping it updated.  I may or may not have a spreadsheet that I update maybe once a year to look for new book by authors I've read .  Good reads will send me a monthly email with that info and it helps.   Typically, though, I try to avoid people on good reads...   People don't need to know some of the trashy romances I read, especially when I see they are reading more "intelligent" books lol
  • Options
    AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited March 2016
    @khbear I love Wattpad! One of my favorite authors has an 'unofficial' book on there currently that she adds new stuff to every once in a while. I live for those updates! I'm also a huge fan of trashy romance. 

I also am obsessed with goodreads! I was really active in a book club on Instagram a couple years ago and grew a huge friends list from it, but I'm always looking for more! More people means more great suggestions : )

@furbabymom2007 I think the same thing about my trashy reads! But the book club I was in was a romance book club so all of the people read books just as bad or even worse than mine! I avoid talking about my books on real life, especially at work! All of my coworkers read intelligent things and I'm like please, get me some chick lit!

Edit: tag
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    khbearkhbear member
    edited March 2016
    @furbabymom2007 @aliciabhen Wattpad is my new toy! I've never used it until reading what I'm on now, but I think it's quite fun. I may even try my hand at writing a little story on it if I get up enough courage!

I used to be really anxious about coworkers and anyone who knew me IRL to see/hear about what I'm reading, but since I started sharing, I stopped caring! I've found out that a lot of people read the same stuff I do. I love my romance novels, but I also enjoy classics and "deeper" stuff sometimes, and soooo many people watch trashy reality TV right along with the news, so I just compare it to that to people who don't get it.

Oh and I love highlander books! Obviously, I have to point out Outlander if you haven't read it, but if you're looking for something else (@furbabymom2007), I like Monica McCarty's Highland Guard series. I also enjoyed her Campbell series. I haven't read Karen Marie Moning, but I have one of hers on my kindle. I'm super slow reading right now - maybe I need a good Scottish romance to shake things up. ;D

ETA paragraphs.
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario I think it's a newer feature. I didn't discover it until late last year. I have more of the "rebound" effect after finishing a good book where I'm so heartbroken I have to hop right into bed with a new one in order to get over it. I don't love that analogy I just created but I'm not coming up with a new one. Lol

@BerkeBaby I'm not well versed in historical fiction but I'll throw out a suggestion. There's a book of creative non-fiction (I think that's what it's called when something that really happened is written about like it's a novel) that I've been interested in forever. It's called The Devil in a White City by Erik Larson. It's about how there was a serial killer during the 1893 World Fair in Chicago so it concurrently details the events of the fair and his crimes. I started it in college but never finished because I needed to return the book to the person I borrowed it from. :D I never got to the part where he actually introduced the killer. I would need about a week's notice to be able to get whatever book is decided on but I'm open to start anytime with that caveat. 
  • Options
    @meilay that book sounds awesome! Anyone else interested?
  • Options
    @meilay @BerkeBaby I actually have this book and have been totally meaning to read it!!! So I vote yes!

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• Options
    BerkeBaby said:
    @meilay that book sounds awesome! Anyone else interested?
    Works for me 
  • Options
    I just finished Devil in the White City!  It's excellent, I'll participate in the threads for that!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'll participate!
  • Options
    I'm in! Sounds super interesting. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    Just added to my kindle :) 
  • Options
    Zoey1019Zoey1019 member
    edited March 2016
    I would totally be up for a book club as well!!! I need to get more reading in my life. That book sounds amazing!

All The Light We Cannot See

What is your favorite book?  Hmm..that is a hard one! Probably 100 years of Solitude, if we are going for more serious literature, and The Paris Wife (historical fiction..yesssssssssssss) for casual reading :smile: 

Who is your favorite author? I don't love authors, only books. I don't think I am well read enough to have a specific author. 

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why? Hmm..i LOVE the other boleyn girl series. Although I wouldn't want to be beheaded...... I love all literature and TV shows about that time period. It's the romantic in me I think!

*edit for spelling
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Options
    I just put a hold on the book from my library. Hopefully I get it in time to participate!
  • Options
    I just purchased this book for my Kindle!!  I'm in!!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    I just purchased it too on the kindle app! Can't wait!

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @BerkeBaby so we start reading on the 4th right?  Just want to make sure I don't start off behind!! Lol
  • Options
    Late to the thread, but I'm in and so excited to start reading this one!
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    How much of the book are we reading per week?
  • Options
    I will take a look at it in about an hour. How many chapters are there? Would 2 or 3 be too many? Or 4? I don't want to drag the book out  too much.
  • Options
    OMG there's a map that goes with the book! I am excited. 
  • Options
    I think 3 chapters per week would be good!
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    Gah!  I just finally opened this thread to read what was going on in here and I am totally in for the book club! 
  • Options
    The book sounds interesting! For those that have read it, is the serial killer aspect creepy? I have an overactive imagination and an inability to stop reading a book which isn't a good combination when a book is freaking me out.
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited March 2016
    I've been thinking about reading this book since they're making a movie with Leo.  I'm in!

ETA @LadyMillil I also have an overactive imagination about stuff like this so I might be skipping some paragraphs here and there. You're not alone!  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Also, @LadyMillil -  Whenever I read scary books or watch scary movies all of the sounds in my house become serial killers or evil spirits coming to get me. lol! I understand completely!
  • Options
    BerkeBaby  I'm so excited. I'm headed to the library tonight to pick it up. Although I just looked it up and it's 57 chapters and only 447 pages. So hopefully a lot of them are short so we can bundle more together. I could knock it out in a day or two if I get too involved. They're addicting.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878