April 2016 Moms
Options

baby names

I would like some opinions here. I am having a baby boy, due the 21st of april. ever since I found out he was a boy, I have really been liking the name riley for him. but, whenever someone asks me what I'm going to name him, and I tell them I am thinking of this name, they tell me they thought riley was a girls name. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I just don't want my son growing up getting made fun of for his name or anything.

Re: baby names

• Options
    I think Riley is a unisex name but seems like it's more typical for a girl than a boy. Riley always seems like a nickname to me either way though.
  • Options
    If you really like it, I say go for it :) I have a cousin (a dude) named Riley, he's a teenager right now and I haven't heard about any name problems... but I also think it's more of a unisex name. It's only recently that I've personally seen girls have the name anyways, if that helps at all. I still like it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AK118AK118 member
    Welcome to the board. There's an entire baby name thread where more people may weigh in and you can see if anyone else is having the same experience with unisex names or specifically Riley. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited March 2016
    I only knew male Riley's until I got into college and started spending more time with younger kids, then I've started seeing more females in the newer generations. I wouldn't think anything of it, honestly. 
  • Options
    I've had boy and girl Rileys as students....I think it can go either way. 
  • Options
    Stop telling people :) if you like a name, use it