April 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/25

It's good friday...confess your sins :wink: 

imageimage

Re: FFFC 3/25

• Options
    I didn't brush my hair until I was in the parking lot at work. It was extremely snarly from my shower and I just didn't feel like brushing it unless I absolutely needed to. I think if I had the day off I probably wouldn't have showered at all, or brushing my hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ate a lot of birthday cake this week (sometimes for breakfast). It was yummy.
  • Options
    rebelone said:
    I didn't brush my hair until I was in the parking lot at work. It was extremely snarly from my shower and I just didn't feel like brushing it unless I absolutely needed to. I think if I had the day off I probably wouldn't have showered at all, or brushing my hair.
    I'll be honest. Unless I've washed my hair, I don't brush it. It just goes in a ponytail anyway. lol
  • Options
    I have today off and I had big plans to bake my carrot cake for Easter during DDs nap.  I've decided that a nap for myself would be much more fulfilling use of my time.

Also FFFC at almost 2 DD still uses a pacifier at night and during naps.  Last night she bit through one of them and slept like crap (up 4 times).  I'm debating giving her a new one for sake of my sleep sanity.
  • Options
    I have this inside fear that this time around my water is going to spontaneously break in the most inopportune places like at work while I'm walking down the hall or in my bed, or even at a family event or in public.

• Options
    I know my labor being stalled is a good thing for LO so he can cook longer... but everything seriously hurts and it feels like I'm going through labor in slow motion. I thought labor with DS was slow. Jeez. As much as this kid SHOULD stay in until Monday, my FFFC is that I hope he comes this weekend. Not today. Today is off limits. I'll take physical pain over emotional pain.

On a side note, I'm probably going to spend most of today crying in my work bathroom and loving every single movement LO makes.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    AK118AK118 member
    Totally have chux pads in the car. Water breaking at work and then a wet 30 mile drive home seems scary and possible
  • Options
    rebelone said:
    I have this inside fear that this time around my water is going to spontaneously break in the most inopportune places like at work while I'm walking down the hall or in my bed, or even at a family event or in public.
    Me too! I worry about how to handle it. Laugh it off and ask for a mop? Run away? Always carry a bottle of coke in my purse so I can dump it on myself & the floor and pretend it was an exploded beverage? 

I would probably make light of it and say, my bad, I guess I couldn't hold it as good as I thought I could. I know chances of your water breaking is about 10% but I've had rare crap happen to me for quite awhile nothing's off the table.

• Options
    @rebelone @Missingchampagne idk if you watched The Office but Pam and Jim kept coming up with ways to get out of meetings and stuff when they were pregnant the 2nd time. One of the ways was Pam smooshed a water bottle between her legs lol. So just make sure you have a water bottle nearby and if your water splashes down, drop the bottle!
  • Options
    rebelone said:
    Me too! I worry about how to handle it. Laugh it off and ask for a mop? Run away? Always carry a bottle of coke in my purse so I can dump it on myself & the floor and pretend it was an exploded beverage? 
    I had a friend whose water broke while she was out at dinner. Apparently, she thought she had just wet her pants a little bit, so while waiting for their food, she went to the bathroom and realized her water actually broke. She stuffed papertowels in her underwear and went and ate dinner before having her SO take her to the hospital, so apparently it's not really that big of a mess!

My FFFC: Today is my last full day of work. I'm working all part-days next week (I'll be 38 weeks Monday). While I hope LO comes a little early because I'm so sick of being pregnant (I'm talking like 2 days early or something), I really hope that I have that 39th week off to just do absolutely nothing except make sure I'm ready for baby. I just want to hibernate until she gets here...
  • Options
    Skcobb said:
    rebelone said:
    I had a friend whose water broke while she was out at dinner. Apparently, she thought she had just wet her pants a little bit, so while waiting for their food, she went to the bathroom and realized her water actually broke. She stuffed papertowels in her underwear and went and ate dinner before having her SO take her to the hospital, so apparently it's not really that big of a mess!

My FFFC: Today is my last full day of work. I'm working all part-days next week (I'll be 38 weeks Monday). While I hope LO comes a little early because I'm so sick of being pregnant (I'm talking like 2 days early or something), I really hope that I have that 39th week off to just do absolutely nothing except make sure I'm ready for baby. I just want to hibernate until she gets here...
    Mine dripped out slowly over several hours... so it's not always a giant gush! on the downside, I was in the hospital and had to lay in it for hours. ick.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Today is a me day.  I was trying to save any and all Pto but I just want a day to do whatever I want, so I am getting a pedi, upgrading my phone and going to a movie...by myself.  
    I woke up feeling truly miserable, so I called in because it just wasn't worth going. Took medicine, went back to sleep, woke up feeling quite a bit better. Still won't be going in. If I'm using PTO, at least I can relax for a day before this busy weekend. Plus, any snuggle time I can get with Eli while he's still my one and only is okay by me. Daycare is closed today. Lazy bones is still asleep at 11. 
  • Options
    I almost fainted again, this time at work today. I was in my office and nobody was around. It passed. I've been secretly putting post-it notes on all my paperwork in the event I go home from work one day and not come back because of the baby.

• Options
    Between DH's snoring, DD1 coughing, having to pee 4 times during the night, and alternating between sweating and freezing last night I'm exhausted today. The reagents I need to finish something up came in this afternoon but I feel like I don't have the mental capacity to not screw shit up today. If I wait another 30min I'll only be able to do half, so yeah I'm hiding in my office until then. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have today off and I had big plans to bake my carrot cake for Easter during DDs nap.  I've decided that a nap for myself would be much more fulfilling use of my time.

Also FFFC at almost 2 DD still uses a pacifier at night and during naps.  Last night she bit through one of them and slept like crap (up 4 times).  I'm debating giving her a new one for sake of my sleep sanity.
    I've been debating making my carrot cake cupcakes today instead of tomorrow because we are super busy tomorrow and Sunday IS Easter! Do you think they will still taste alright!? Normally I bake same day
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I'm jealous of moms that deliver a week or couple weeks before they're EDD, especially if they are first time moms. Since we had to evict DD1 after her EDD, and I had been so convinced I would go early since my mom delivered us all early (1-3 weeks), it was a huge bummer to see my due date come and go, while others got their baby early. I have no idea what will happen this time around, as I'm already more pregnant now than my mom was with me. And I struggle because I don't want to be admitted to the hospital until at least 12:01am 4/1 due to some extra insurance benefits...but I want my baby!
    Agreed. DD was born at 38w5.... So "yesterday" and actually thinking about another week (or more) is killing me. The option to induce next week (Dr is out of town the week after my EDD) is getting more and more tempting each day even though I know there's not a medical need at this point. :pensive: 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    I to have to say I'm pretty jealous about the baby's being born. Definitely happy for those mama's but insanely jealous. My induction date is April 7th and I'm really hoping he comes before then. The thought of being induced (medically necessary at that point) makes me feel like a horrible mom... I don't know why and I mean no offense I just feel weird about it. But I will do anything to make sure he and I are both safe and healthy. 
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I'm jealous of moms that deliver a week or couple weeks before they're EDD, especially if they are first time moms. Since we had to evict DD1 after her EDD, and I had been so convinced I would go early since my mom delivered us all early (1-3 weeks), it was a huge bummer to see my due date come and go, while others got their baby early. I have no idea what will happen this time around, as I'm already more pregnant now than my mom was with me. And I struggle because I don't want to be admitted to the hospital until at least 12:01am 4/1 due to some extra insurance benefits...but I want my baby!

one more week!
  • Options
    Just fell woke up from a 30 minute nap that I accidentally took while sitting straight up at my desk, aka the front desk of the office. I'm lifting my no-caffeine rule so that I can hopefully make it until 5 today
  • Options

I've been debating making my carrot cake cupcakes today instead of tomorrow because we are super busy tomorrow and Sunday IS Easter! Do you think they will still taste alright!? Normally I bake same day
    Yes I think it'll be fine.  I almost always do my baking day before.  
  • Options
    My doctor told me last night if I didn't feel up to work today I shouldn't go. NO SHAME about calling in. 

Also, I desperately want a danish. If only my car were here instead of at my office (contractions were bad enough last night that I couldn't drive home, so my husband's driving me in tomorrow morning). Or donuts. I just want so many pastries and there are ZERO in my house :(
  • Options
    My doctor told me last night if I didn't feel up to work today I shouldn't go. NO SHAME about calling in. 

Also, I desperately want a danish. If only my car were here instead of at my office (contractions were bad enough last night that I couldn't drive home, so my husband's driving me in tomorrow morning). Or donuts. I just want so many pastries and there are ZERO in my house :(
    I went to work hoping all of the walking that I have to do would help things along. The contractions are killing me. I also got a birth ball that I've been sitting on anytime I'm not walking at home. I invited my BFF to come over tomorrow, and I'm hoping to have us go out and about and walk before my friend's wedding reception.

I'm going to suck it up and hope that he can wait until at least Monday before making an appearance when I'm finally at 37 weeks. I don't think I could handle being in early labor until 38 weeks...

Anniversary

• Options
    @AGK2015 I did the exact same thing three times last pregnancy. DH even encouraged it by surprising me with it one day when he came home from the store.

I also had a recipe for pregnancy-safe cookie dough saved to my favorites section in my phone photos.

Anniversary

• Options
    I can't wait for my husband to leave for work so I can have the house to myself. Every time he says something I want to say something bitchy in reply, even though he doesn't deserve it. I don't have to pretend to be nice if no one is around. 
  • Options
    So I had an induction scheduled for this morning at 5 am. On Wednesday it was cancelled. Well I woke up today at 415 to go pee, realized that I would've  been leaving for the hospital any moment and got all upset. Go to lay back down and my undies feel wet so get back yp to check things out. TMI... Huge nasty bloody mucus plug. I immediately start getting cramps that I time 10 minutes apart. I fell asleep because they werent painful, but I got seriously excited thinking today was going to be the day anyways. I'm  actually upset now because I don't  think it's  gonna happen yet :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was supposed to spend today getting caught up on grades for the last time this year. Instead, I had to pick DD up from daycare early cause she was throwing up. She's been pretty low key, napping/vegging on the couch between frequent bursts of vomiting (was originally every 15 mins, now it's more like every 30-45), but I have done zero actual work outside of taking care of my sick kiddo. My students will have to wait for their grades.
    kids with flags
  • Options
      @AGK2015 damnit....now I want english muffins with all the butter. And maybe I will pick up a pack of bagels with cream cheese while I'm at it.  YUM!!!  I haven't had one in FOREVER.  Hello dinner tonight!!

imageimage
  • Options
      @AGK2015 damnit....now I want english muffins with all the butter. And maybe I will pick up a pack of bagels with cream cheese while I'm at it.  YUM!!!  I haven't had one in FOREVER.  Hello dinner tonight!!
    Yuuummm... Bagels...  

Anniversary