Trouble TTC
Options

shady grove fertility center anyone?

I finally got my ob to give me a referral to see an RE!  I have kaiser permanente, and they try and keep you with their drs in their facility as much as they can....so it wasn't easy getting this referral.   They refer patients dealing with infertility to shady grove...and only shady grove. It's weird that I'm so excited to see a doctor. ..I just feel relieved that after almost 2 years of ttc, we are finally getting some REAL help!  Anyone else go to shady grove. ..or have been there?   

Re: shady grove fertility center anyone?

• Options
    I'm glad you you finally got in, I know you've wanted this for a long time :) I don't know anything about Shady Grove, but I wish you the best!

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    katbbkatbb member
    Thanks:)....I know going to a fertility center doesn't magically get me pregnant. ...but i am so excited and hopeful. ..plus it gives me a reason to not feel too bad when af comes right on time by monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! It's good to have some hope and optimism during this process- enjoy!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    I'm in the DC area and see a different RE, but I've heard great things about Shady Grove.  GL!
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    katbbkatbb member
    Thanks ladies:)..... our first appointment is April 12! Feels like so far away...but it's ok....I have an appointment! 
  • Options
    Hi, I just started treatment with Shady Grove this year and had my first IUI done Thursday. So far I have had a good experience, the Drs. and nurses have been very kind and informative throughout the process. It's also nice they have multiple locations and weekend hours at some, so if you need monitoring or a proceedure done on the weekend they can still help. Good luck with your appointment!
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married June 2012
    TTC #1 since Oct 2014
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    March 2016: IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    April-May 2016: treatment on hold due to bad thyroid levels, adjusted meds
    June 2016: IUI#2 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    July 2016: on hold again due to thyroid
    July 13th: IVF consult
    August 2016: IUI#3 w/ Femara, Ovidrel, Progresterone - BFN
    Sept/Oct 2016: IVF + ICSI

• Options
    katbbkatbb member
    Thanks for the feedback meli123k!  Glad to hear that's it's been a positive experience so far!  One quick question. .....did the dr make you try " timed Intercourse"  before moving to iui?   A lady I talked to said she went through shady grove and they made her to timed intercourse before moving on to iui and eventually ivf.  Is this a mandatory thing??  We've when doing time intercourse for two years already! I temp and know exactly when I ovulate. 
  • Options
    The doctors and staff at shady grove are WONDERFUL! I am in the TWW of my second IUI cycle. I go to the Bel Air or Towson offices depending on what days I need to be there. As for my personal experience, we have an unexplained infertility diagnosis. I had all of the testing done prior to going to shady grove. My doctor felt that going to IUI was our best bet considering my diagnosis and the fact that we were approaching 2 years of TTC (really 2 1/2 as far as they were concerned, because they included the time we were not using birth control but not necessarily actively trying). Even though I haven't gotten my BFP yet I couldn't be happier with them. They truly are all wonderful and make you feel so comfortable! I also have lots of friends that suffered from infertility, went through shady grove, and now have beautiful babies! If you want anymore feedback, I'd be happy to talk to you more :)
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    katbbkatbb member
    Thanks! I'm at the Annandale location.  It's. The closest to my workplace. We've been trying for about two years as well....with no birth control before we officially started trying.  I hope this Second iui does the trick for you!!!!!
  • Options
    @katbb Nope, "timed intercourse" wasn't brought up for us, but I think the suggested course of action is tailored specifically to each patient. I never heard of it being mandatory though. DH and I already had bloodwork, SA, and HSG done prior to going to Shady Grove, so we were able to pretty much go straight to IUI, however they often see patients who have had little to no testing done and they help with that too :)
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married June 2012
    TTC #1 since Oct 2014
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    March 2016: IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    April-May 2016: treatment on hold due to bad thyroid levels, adjusted meds
    June 2016: IUI#2 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    July 2016: on hold again due to thyroid
    July 13th: IVF consult
    August 2016: IUI#3 w/ Femara, Ovidrel, Progresterone - BFN
    Sept/Oct 2016: IVF + ICSI

• Options
    srh18srh18 member
    edited April 2016
    @katbb I go to Shady Grove Columbia location and Rockville on the weekends. I love my RE and my nurse. I've done four TI cycles and doing my first iui next week. No one "made" us do TI but we chose to do it because of our situation and the dr felt confident our odds were good. She actually shared that the success rates of iui aren't statistically higher than TI rates for people in my situation (PCOS but responding well to low doses of clomid). One thing I can say is that everyone has been very accommodating and willing to answer all of my crazy questions. Haha. Your appt is coming up fast!! I wish you the very best. :)