December 2016 Moms
Options

How will you reveal the big news?!

Hey ladies!
How do you plan on announcing your pregnancy to your families, and when?

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

Re: How will you reveal the big news?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @FiancB You are in my thoughts!!  FX for your rainbow baby. <3

DSS Born 2/2/08

• Options
    *Loss Mentioned*. DH is usually with me in the bathroom (we tend to hang out in there for some weird reason) so he already knows.  Nothing special other than me forcing him to look at my pee stick to see if he saw what I saw.  But after last time he said he won't get excited until I have morning sickness.

I will tell my mom this weekend if my tests stay positive.  She's my biggest supporter through my losses.  She came with me to my last u/s and heard the tech say I was ovulating.  She knows I'm in the 2ww.  She's also doing up to babysit on Saturday so I can tell her in person.

the rest of the world will wait until I get it confirmed via blood test and assure my numbers are rising.  I don't mind sharing losses, but I just had one in October, I don't like piling news like that on my friends, especially with so many of them TTCing or pregnant.  When the time comes I will repeat my announcement I did with DD.  I had DS (2) wear a cute shirt that basically implied he was going to be a big brother.  I'll modify it a bit and have DD wear it.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options

Ahhh @MrsWino that is too cute!  She had the perfect expression on her face for it too! :D

DSS Born 2/2/08

• Options
    Shwee25 said:

Ahhh @MrsWino that is too cute!  She had the perfect expression on her face for it too! :D

I know, right?!  She was pissed that day but it totally worked.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    @MamaWino that is adorable!!

I think I will tell my mom this weekend, and as of now I am planning I'm thinking of something like this:

• Options
    SchruteBucksSchruteBucks member
    edited March 2016
    I love the idea of announcing on facebook on the due date of your loss @FiancB.  I think I'll have to steal that idea.  I had a 12 week loss back in December and would be due this June 21st-ish.  I think we'll announce on Facebook then.  I just got my bfp tonight and just handed the test to my husband.  We want to be excited and jump up and down, but it's hard to let yourself get excited after a loss.  I don't know when we'll tell our kids.  I imagine they'll find out sooner than I want due to morning sickness.  Extended family we'll tell after 12 weeks.
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    Most of our family and close friends know that we had our egg retrieval/transfer 2 weeks ago and ask for updates daily so I won't be able to keep the news for long. 

We have two fur babies and I like the idea of big brother shirts for them.. Although I'm also liking that Easter egg idea! H thinks I'm on Pinterest too much as it is, he's in for a long 9 months.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I love the idea of announcing on facebook on the due date of your loss @FiancB.  I think I'll have to steal that idea.  I had a 12 week loss back in December and would be due this June 21st-ish.  I think we'll announce on Facebook then.  I just got my bfp tonight and just handed the test to my husband.  We want to be excited and jump up and down, but it's hard to let yourself get excited after a loss.  I don't know when we'll tell our kids.  I imagine they'll find out sooner than I want due to morning sickness.  Extended family we'll tell after 12 weeks.
    I have no idea when we'll tell our kids either. I too had a loss in Dec and don't want to say anything too soon and have my 3 1/2 year old go blabbing the news to her entire preschool. Lol. How old are your kiddos? My youngest just turned 2 so she won't get it but my older definitely understands. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hey ladies!  I posted my intro a few minutes ago and I'm going to jump right in...

DS' 3rd birthday is in mid-April.  It will just be immediate family for his party, all of who we'd tell before the 'safety net' of 12 weeks.  I'm thinking I'm going to order DS a shirt that says something about being a big brother and having him open it in front of everyone.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @MamaWino My older two are 14 and almost 12 and my youngest is 3.  My older two kids were very upset at the loss.  They both cried when they found out we were having another baby because they were so excited, so it was a pretty big blow to lose it at 12 weeks.  My youngest still talks about the baby in my tummy even though it's been three months since the loss.  We just keep reminding her that the baby came too soon and is not there anymore.   
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    DH and I started TTC recently, but after our first attempt we had a nasty blow out of a fight, and my mom came to town for emotional support. I texted DH on Friday morning telling him I could either wait to POAS today or just take it then. He immediately responded "take it now" and it came out positive. We were both super excited, fight forgotten, and we took my mom out to lunch later that day.

We are having a family reunion for Christmas this year, so I told her that I didn't think she'd be able to make it because we would need her here. She looked at us, and we were both grinning at her, and she knew immediately. Then we called my dad and asked if my sister is ready to be an auntie. He laughed SO HARD until the news sunk in, then he started giving advice and making plans to move closer. 

I told my sister by asking her if she was ready to be an aunt, and listened to her meltdown. Her complete and utter meltdown, which included "but I'm just not ready for this!!!" 

We got married in November, so I was thinking of holding off on sending thank yous until May and including a photo from the wedding (already ordered) and some cute announcement.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If I get my BFP before we leave or during my sons Birthday Disney trip I'll add to the back of his shirt "Big Brother" Dec 2016. I won't share that till after second trimester. We are doing family pictures with both sets of grandparents so I'll have the photographer say "DS is going to be a big brother!"
    imageimage
    imageimage

• Options
    ShalomAtHomeShalomAtHome member
    edited March 2016
    I messaged my husband immediately after I took the test. I just didn't have the patience to do anything cute and adorable. I HAD to tell him. It's still up for discussion who and when we would tell next. There are three couples we are very, very close to who are going to know relatively early on, but the question we have to debate about is when. I opt for something sooner, my husband wants to wait at least until we get in that first doctors appointment (which is probably how it's going to happen since I'm not opposed that). When we do tell them it will probably be in a regular fb message since we are big group chatters, and are rarely without a greater crowd when we're together in person.

As far as our families, we just aren't as close to them as we are other people in our lives. There's also the concern that I would have to worry more about my MIL's feelings and sensitivities should anything go wrong vs. taking the time for me to take care of myself. They are such delicate people I just don't want to deal with their emotions until I feel more confident that things will turn out okay...so they are going to be told at about 12 weeks, in person, just before we announce something on FB. 

So anti-climactic I guess lol

My Blog

Me: 26 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: August 5th, 2011
    1 son (Yehudah...AKA: Hudi) Born September 25th, 2013
    1 Furbaby (Portillo): Dachshund
    TTC Since Beginning of March 2016
    BFP: March 28th, 2016
    EDD: December 3rd, 2016

• Options
    I 'told' DH today by putting out 3 shirts: 1 Big Brother, 1 Little Brother, and 1 with a "?" on it.

For our families, assuming everything is going well, we will probably reveal around Mother's Day.  Not sure whether we will reveal on FB or not...we haven't previously, so probably not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    I'm going to announce today, if I can. I know it is rather early, but I'm just too excited.
    We bought a children's board book and I wrote a note that says "dear Grandma, Please bring this in December and read me my First Book. Love, Baby " . She should be getting the book in the mail today. Then I know the family phone tree will be aringing.
  • Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited March 2016
    DH and I are thinking of telling the parents sooner rather than later, only because I need my mom to be with me on this, and apparently his mom is a package deal. So we were considering having them over for dinner (not too out of the ordinary) and have our dog run around with a shirt on that says "I'm going to be a big brother" or something. First lap he jumps into will scream probably :)

Edit: oh! We are building a cedar pergola in our backyard, and I can invite everyone over to "see the pergola and then eat with us" when it's finished. Yes they'll never know what's coming! Except my mom is psychic.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 that is so cute!!!! Love it!

DSS Born 2/2/08

• Options
    We did bluebonnet pics today too!
  • Options
    I told my 10 year old and hubby right away. I wasn't going to say anything at work but had a patient with a condition I couldn't be around, so the news was dropped then, the day after I found out. *sigh* I figured if someone let it slip (small town) my family would be hurt, so we did a pee stick (just the plus sign not the whole stick) group message to family. 

My 3 year old doesn't know yet. So once we get a heartbeat we'll get her a bunch or big sister stuff and wrap it. It's almost her birthday so she'll be super excited.  

Im also a photographer and I spend so much time taking birth annoumcents, gender reveals, maternity that I'm kind of uninterested for me. I know that's terrible. A friend dropped this the other day and it made me laugh. I'm thinking I want to find something similar for when I share on Fb. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 That is super cute! I'll have to get DH to do one of those with me... My birthday falls around the 12 week mark, and we recently moved, so I was thinking of doing a housewarming/birthday party for close friends, so we could totally have a picture in the entryway as a way to announce it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 that picture is awesome!!!!! I love it!!!

DH was away for work when I found out, we weren't really expecting anything this month since we were just waiting for our infertility appointment to get our test results back. He got a phone call of me barely forming sentences lol. We agreed not to tell anyone (including our parents) until we at least know things are good at the early u/s on the 13th. I totally caved and told my mom though!!! She's a huge supporter and has been through everything with me. We were talking about our yearly Disney trip for my birthday in December and I casually mentioned I would not be able to go this year, she knew right away! I have a couple things planned to announce to my parents when the time is right.
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    bethbensonbethbenson member
    edited April 2016
    I'm super nervous about announcing our pregnancy. My bf and I aren't married, both divorced previously and so I feel like my family will be super critical. I'm so grateful I get another chance with the right partner and under different circumstances. I know his family will be ecstatic so I'm hoping that will help. I've only told my closest gf. We're probably going to wait until after the first trimester to tell even his folks.
  • Options
    This baby will be our 4th. I started showing immediately! We want to wait to tell family but I don't think that will be possible. The body knows what to do after having 3 other babies and it is doing it! Quickly! I will have 4 under 6 come December! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rachoochoo2rachoochoo2 member
    edited April 2016

Ahh sorry this is huge! I just tried to resize and it doesn't look like it did anything. This is how we told our parents last week though. Not really feeling like doing a huge social media announcement since so far not a single person seems too enthusiastic about #4.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    @rachoochoo2 - isn't it funny how that happens at number 4?  I will be a FTM so I don't have personal experience, but I feel like for others in my life - everyone is excited for #1 and #2, and then #3 is "reasonable" and then at #4 everyone is secretly asking if it's an accident, like someone couldn't have possibly intentionally decided to have 4 kids.  I've always fantasized about having 4 kids, so whenever I hear about it I'm excited.
  • Options
    I had meant to do something cute with my husband's birthday a week and a half away. But 4am, I woke up and just blurted it out to him. I did surprise him but not in the cutesy way I wanted. Now he is helping me plan how to tell his parents at his birthday dinner. And 20 weeks falls right around my birthday so he gets to plan a gender reveal for my birthday. 
  • Options
    I should be getting my first ultrasound next week. We're going to get copies made and place the u/s in mothers day cards! Then having the gender reveal on 4th of July :) 
  • Options
    We already told my family and some of our very good friends. For my husband's family, distant relatives and not as close friends, my hubby is drawing a picture of us with our fur babes. I have a babe in my belly and he is holding a #1 Dad mug. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it thoroughly.