July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who or what is it today?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit Agreed, it's important to keep your hair where you're happy with it, especially when you're pregnant. If she's cancelling on you and your family so much, it's her own fault for not prioritizing her customers, especially those who have been with her for a long time. 

• Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit when I had short hair I absolutely could not tack on an extra month to when I needed it cut, I was pretty religious about going every 6 weeks. I would not feel bad at all. I am also a splurge cutter so I never plan a month out for a hair cut anyway (besides when I had the bob that needed every 6 weeks). 
  • Options
    elenabrentelenabrent member
    edited March 2016
    My TW is acid reflux. I got hit with it last night during birth class after eating a granola bar and I tried everything I had on hand, including taking a shot of apple cider vinegar. It worked until about 2am, and then I felt like I was choking on my stomach. I was up sleeping like shit the rest of the night. I'm a super grump this morning.

• Options
    My mom is the TW today.  Calls/texts me while I'm at work to guilt trip for not traveling half way across the country for her anniversary dinner party that might happen in May that she has not planned yet.  Does she not realize that I can't plan a trip to go to a party if she doesn't even have dates/have a plan for said party? I was then scolded for not ever sending her and "her husband" (her husband is my father btw) a card for their wedding anniversary. I'm not sure if this is customary or not but her anniversary is near the end of May. It is still March. And I'm being scolded for not sending the card before I've had a chance to.  She also told me that when I visit her, she will be taking my son to church against my wishes, and then proceeds to go on some crazy politico-religious rant, and included how disappointed she is that I currently don't practice [her] religion. This is after I told her that while I respect her religious beliefs, I do have my own. My mother is becoming an old curmudgeon! Or at the very least, being a TW.
  • Options
    @TxTeacher91 what an asshole! People are idiots. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    mkl1010mkl1010 member
    edited March 2016
    @txteacher91 I'm so sorry that that raging twatwaffle had the nerve to say something so insanely cruel and flat out stupid and am even more sorry that you had to hear about it.  I really hope whoever she said that to put her in check.  
  • Options
    DHs bosses are TWs today. He filed a complaint with HR against his supervisor (Care Coordinator) because she all the sudden flipped a switch and has been nasty to him and another nurse. This is corroborated by multiple nurses and aides.

HR turned it over to the DON (who everyone knows doesn't like DH). The 3 of them had a meeting this morning and they told him it's his attitude not the care coordinator's. They also claimed that the two people DH used as witnesses had told them DH had a bad attitude. 

Come to find out the DON and Care Coordinator quickly exited the meeting and told the two witnesses what they had told DH, which they immediately denied ever even having talked to them. 

I'm so sick of people thriving on making other people miserable and being nasty just for the sake of being nasty. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    Actual quote from a coworker to another coworker about me:

"I'm concerned about her wearing heels while she's pregnant. Doesn't she know that causes miscarriages? You would think that since she lost her last baby she would be more careful but I guess not. I bet that's why she lost the last one." Total TW. 
    What in the actual F. Christ, I hope you reported that person. 
  • Options
    @TxTeacher91 that bitch wins the twatwaffle crown today. 
  • Options
    Report that cunt ASAP. 
  • Options
    @TxTeacher91 I agree with PP's, I think that the comments are worth reporting. That's awful, and I'm sorry that you overheard it :(

My TW is my kitchen remodel. I have about 80% of my kitchen back, but still no counters, no sink, and no plumbing to the dishwasher, so if I want to wash something it's in the bathroom sink. This is going on for 3 weeks, but I really thought we would have had our counter by now . I'm sick of living off of take out and microwaveable food. I'm hoping the counters are delivered this week, or else this will be the first time in almost 10 years I haven't cooked for my family on Easter. 
  • Options
    @TxTeacher91 def report that bitch! That's just so asinine to me that a person could ever say something like that! 
  • Options
    @TxTeacher91 I agree with PP's, I think that the comments are worth reporting. That's awful, and I'm sorry that you overheard it :(

My TW is my kitchen remodel. I have about 80% of my kitchen back, but still no counters, no sink, and no plumbing to the dishwasher, so if I want to wash something it's in the bathroom sink. This is going on for 3 weeks, but I really thought we would have had our counter by now . I'm sick of living off of take out and microwaveable food. I'm hoping the counters are delivered this week, or else this will be the first time in almost 10 years I haven't cooked for my family on Easter. 
    We did a remodel in my 3rd Tri (ripping the kitchen down to the studs, re-sheetrocking, etc).....so I feel your pain. I guess be glad that you can wash your dishes in your bathroom sink, because I had to wash mine in the bathtub because my sink was so tiny. Our remodel took 4.5 months.....and it wasnt fun. 
  • Options
    @kellz14 :D   that meme accurately sums up why I do not teach math 
  • Options
    my TW is the random people in our office. The family of a 10 year old child are meeting with another attorney and for whatever reason this kid is in the hallway alone singing Hotline Bling. I've asked him to stop and I've even closed my door and I still hear him and it's getting on my damn nerves. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    My boss, my clients, my puppy, the stupid people driving 50 in a school zone, my sore muscles and joints... everything is a tw today. I'm over today. But nothing compares to what @TxTeacher91 experienced, so I'll stop bitching now. I don't understand people, how can someone say that about another person? She is going to hell... no doubt about it. 
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 Sounded like an excellent plan to me! :)
  • Options
    My TW is my so called friend. For months we have tried to make plans to hang out and catch up but we keep having to schedule. Well we made plans for today but low and behold I've been blown off. I jumped on FB and found her status where she made plans with someone else so I sent her a text message which she ignored. This is why I don't do friends. My husband even warned me it would happen again but I guess I'm too hopeful and think the best of people. 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @DarkCat Our group of friends are similar, I try make plans and they can't bother themselves to meet up, very annoying! I haven't spoken to my 'best friend' since the day I told him I was pregnant 3 months ago. At this stage I wouldn't even call my friends 'friends'. It sucks when they can't make an effort but it just shows you who really wants to be there for you and baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @DarkCat I have friends like that (my best friend included), and it drives me crazy. The totally nuts part, is that they will bail all of the time and aren't reliable, but then they get butthurt if they aren't invited to do something and see a picture of me out with another (more reliable) friend, out doing something fun. Why would I invite you out to a lawn concert, if I know that there will be a 80%+ chance that you are going to bail? Wouldn't it be smarter to contact the reliable friends and invite them, so I am not left the DAY OF the concert, trying to scramble because you bailed? Sorry, not sorry. It was a really hard pill to swallow when I had my DD, but then I started branching out to other people (some of them being people I went to high school with, that I hadn't seen for years), and started making plans with them (even though we were never friends in high school). You kind of learn pretty quick who REALLY wants to spend time with you, and will make the effort.....and those that CLAIM they want to spend time with you, and don't make the effort. I have the reliable friends where rarely something gets cancelled, and if it is, its usually a sick kid and they are honestly at home with their sick kid (not saying they are dealing with a sick kid and then you see otherwise that they were actually doing something with someone else through social media), and those are the people that I try and surround myself with these days. The type where if we were suppose to meet up for a movie, and she has a HORRIBLE day at work, she gets in touch with me to tell me about said day....and asks to reschedule, and doesn't avoid getting in touch or my text go unanswered, etc. I shouldnt have to hunt someone down that I have made plans with, that just shows the person has no respect for me or our friendship. 
  • Options
    @TxTeacher hell no! Don't give that B a free pass whether or not she believes what she said she has zero right to say that and needs to know talking like that is completely unacceptable. She needs to be reported because how dare she ever insinuate you caused your own miscarriage. For the sake of others who may come down in her path of stupidity she needs to be put in her place. 

Please report her you should never have had to hear that or have someone say that! Hell I'll report her give me her name and your workplace ;) just kidding but seriously that is totally and completely unacceptable you do not need to be understanding and kind about that! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    My TW are my two coresidents who called off today, which triggered me being called in for a 12 hour shift (+1 hour of charting and a 45 minute commute each way) on what was supposed to be my day off. I can't.
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 I would've absolutely done the same thing. Obviously the first tier of negotiations/redirection/punitive measures have not worked with your nanny boy. I guarantee he will remember what it feels like to sit and watch his sister play while he had to abstain. Children need to learn personal accountability and consequences and we can't be afraid to teach them. GOOD ON YOU!