July 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2016
    I normally enjoy my quirky mother in law...But today she is the cause of my bitchfest. She threw a huge fit when I told her I don't want a Graco carseat and that isn't what I am registering for. She doesn't know how life will go on because she has a Graco base in her car and therefore she expects us to get a Graco seat as that's easier for her... Why this is a world-ending problem I don't know but I care more about getting mac & cheese for lunch than worrying about her carseat preference. 
    Edit: I should add that in her mind this problem is so intense that we're not speaking right now. 
  • megstervt said:
    1. Started throwing up immediately after sex this morning. It was so cute.

2. I have a wedding to attend Saturday and nothing to wear. I shopped for hours yesterday and couldn't find anything. Definitely a procrastinator. 

I have to go to a wedding at the end of June, it's an evening wedding at a country club.  Luckily it's for one of my best friends so when I told her I wanted show up in yoga pants her reply was, "well they're black and that's a formal color.  You're all set."  I'm dreading trying to find a semi-formal/formal maternity dress that will be comfortable in June. 
    I'm in the same boat. My brother is getting married mid-June and I'm due July 2. I've been stalking zulily.com in hopes of finding a dress now but its so hard to know what's going to be comfortable/ look good when I'm that big. I just don't want to be stuck paying a stupid amount of money on something that only sorta works because I run out of time and options. 
  • @LilLambie I would definitely be pissed about that! I hate when I'm giving my husband the silent treatment and he doesn't even realize I'm mad at him. 

• The fact that my nose is leaking like a faucet and I can't stop sneezing. That shit ain't cute.
  • megstervt said:

2. I have a wedding to attend Saturday and nothing to wear. I shopped for hours yesterday and couldn't find anything. Definitely a procrastinator. 

I have to go to a wedding at the end of June, it's an evening wedding at a country club.  Luckily it's for one of my best friends so when I told her I wanted show up in yoga pants her reply was, "well they're black and that's a formal color.  You're all set."  I'm dreading trying to find a semi-formal/formal maternity dress that will be comfortable in June. 
    I'm in the same boat. My brother is getting married mid-June and I'm due July 2. I've been stalking zulily.com in hopes of finding a dress now but its so hard to know what's going to be comfortable/ look good when I'm that big. I just don't want to be stuck paying a stupid amount of money on something that only sorta works because I run out of time and options. 
    I'm joining you ladies. My brother is getting married 7/2, and I am due 7/24 but will have a RCS at least a week before that. So I will be hugely pregnant at his wedding. Then my sister gets married 8/20, so I am still pretty much going to look pregnant at her wedding. I need to find two dresses that will work, and have been watching zulily like a hawk. If this pregnancy is anything like my last, my legs and feet swelled like balloons, so I need to find something long...that will cover my legs. But then I also need to find something that has a lot of support in the top, because my boobs are huge. It doesn't help that the summer stuff is coming out now, because by the time summer hits and I actually know what size I am...it is going to be slim pickings when it comes to summer dresses, since the fall stuff will already be out. 

my mom called me a few days ago and I didn't answer considering she's an alcoholic narcissistic and I don't like to hear her whine. Well she left a voice mail about how sick she was and that she probably she go to the er blah blah. 

I called her today (against my better judgement) and checked in. She is still sick but sounded drunk still and went on this rampage about how her older sister (who's already paying her phone bill and hauling her ass everywhere) doesn't do enough for her and should pay for her to have cable too. Soooo before she could start giving me parenting lessons I found a reason to cut her off and get off the phone. That was worth 2 of our monthly talks so I  should be okay for awhile. Ugh 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im considering renting a dress.  I've heard borrowforyourbump and minefornine might be good.  I'm telling myself im not going to stress, if anyone is going to side-eye an 8 month pregnant lady they can shove it and I know my friends won't care.  Stay tuned for my frantic post in early June when I'm stressed and can't find anything though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Work, work, work. Monday's we have staff meetings and they're always a load of fun. It's basically our bosses time to pass the buck on whatever has come up in the last week that they don't feel like doing. Some weeks are better than others, however this wasn't one of them. It immediately prompted me to go back to my desk and check the countdown I have going on my phone reminding me there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm out of here soon enough. At least for a while. Which brings me to my second WTF...my two bosses have yet to talk to me about when I'll be departing and returning. Is this normal?!?  I feel like they should have said something to me by now!! It's like they think I'm going to have this baby, use a bit of PTO, and come back!! I really don't get it. Im done caring about their situation. That's on them. But I do have my own questions about what's going to happen with my benefits, etc! Ugh. 
  • @megstervt thank you for mentioning those rental sites! I have a wedding in late April and have been browsing Rent the Runway. But they don't exactly have maternity -- just a filter called "bump friendly" and I can tell some of them probably aren't. I will check these out now too and let you guys know if I find anything.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • I've been having Braxton hicks for days now. Last night they got worse and this morning were intense. I went to L&D because I could time them and they took my breath away. The nurse told me they weren't showing up on the machines and that it's probably irritable uterus. I'm annoyed. I spent 4 hours there, left with my contractions hurting and the advice was to basically drink water and take Tylenol. I can't do this shit anymore. I'm miserable. 
  • megstervt said:

I'm joining you ladies. My brother is getting married 7/2, and I am due 7/24 but will have a RCS at least a week before that. So I will be hugely pregnant at his wedding. Then my sister gets married 8/20, so I am still pretty much going to look pregnant at her wedding. I need to find two dresses that will work, and have been watching zulily like a hawk. If this pregnancy is anything like my last, my legs and feet swelled like balloons, so I need to find something long...that will cover my legs. But then I also need to find something that has a lot of support in the top, because my boobs are huge. It doesn't help that the summer stuff is coming out now, because by the time summer hits and I actually know what size I am...it is going to be slim pickings when it comes to summer dresses, since the fall stuff will already be out. 
    My brother is getting married 4/24 and I'm the maid of honor. I know I should be happy but I'm totally not lol. Having to wear a bridesmaid dress and be in all the pictures just isn't my idea of a good time right now. Confession: I haven't even ordered my dress. 
  • mamafox14mamafox14 member
    edited March 2016
    Today I have to add: people who commit to helping you do big projects and then bail are the absolute worst. My husband and I are putting in new floors in the nursery and our living room and before we began my FIL offered to help, as did several of our friends and my brother. But here we are, half way done with the project and suddenly no one can be bothered to help, leaving my husband and I to do it all ourselves. Which honestly would normally be completely fine, but you know how it is, being pregnant and sore and tired, then add in my additional joint issues from hypermobility. I don't want special treatment necessarily for being pregnant,  but if people could at least stick to their commitments that would be great. 

• @juliagulia38 That sounds awful. I hope you are feeling pain free tomorrow