October 2015 Moms

Lovey in crib?

We recently transitioned our 5 month old to the pack and play. We let her sleep with her lovey (small blanket with animal head attached) in the rock and play with no issue since she couldn't roll over. 

She he sleeps SO much better with it, but I'm so scared to let her have it in the pack & play. She rolls both ways, can totally lift her head up and prefers to sleep on her side/stomach, so she is pretty mobile.

Am I being overly careful? I'm reading mixed messages online about what age is safe - I know they say nothing in the crib until 1 year. Should I just go with that?? 

Re: Lovey in crib?

• Totally a personal decision and you have to be comfortable with it, but if it were me I'd let her have it.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• I agree with PP. Damien has a lovey and used a blanket. He's obsessed with rubbing things, a total mommy trait he inherited, so he holds onto either the lovey blanket or wubby all night
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an Aden and anais lovey which is a small breathable bamboo/cotton muslin fabric with a little animal head attached. I've practiced with her during the day putting it over her face and seeing if she could pull it off and she can so I feel fine with her sleeping with it in the crib