Babies on the Brain
Options

Stop TTC in April ?

Well TTC in March was unfortunately unsuccessful although it was our first month TTC baby number 2. Our daughters birthday is in July. My husband wants to skip TTC next cycle because if I did get pregnant my due date would be around Christmas. He says not only would it put sort of a financial strain on us to have Christmas and a birthday around the same time, but it also wouldn't be "fair" to the child. Thoughts on this? Any one come across this as a problem for them personally? I'm frustrated but I guess it doesn't hurt to wait it out another month.

Re: Stop TTC in April ?

• Options
    There's a thread on Trying to Get Pregnant forum that discusses this exact topic. I encourage you to search for it as I think it'll be enlightening. 

My personal thoughts? I would ONLY consider avoiding the birthmonth of February because where I live the roads tend to be impassable. I had a complicated labor, and I DONT want to be stuck at home. 

I have family members with birthdays in December and there's literally no difference in them and my birthday which is in March. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There will always be a reason that some date isn't good for your schedule. I wouldn't wait. It can take months or even years to get KU. Why throw away a month simply because a due date estimator says the birthday will be close to Christmas?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What PP'S said. Andplusalso, I'd you wait a month, and get KU with a January due date, who's to say baby won't come early? If your husband is worried about financial strain, remind him that both Christmas and birthdays come every year, and are easily planned for in advance. It's not like "omg, Christmas in December again?!?!"
  • Options
    I thought about it and then decided not to wait, for the exact reasons already stated. I felt like I was making a bigger problem out of it than it actually is. There are plenty of people who have birthdays during busy times of the year, but everyone that I know just plans and works around it. The good thing is that birthdays and christmas come at the same time every single year, so it's not something that's going to catch you by surprise. My mother use to do almost all of her holiday shopping during the summer, so it wouldn't be such a strain in December. You can totally do something like that and plan/prepare at least some parts of a childs birthday celebration months in advance and spread out the cost, if a birthday falls during a financially stressful time.

As for the actual birth of the child at the holidays, if you were to have one then; I think the best thing you can do is just plan and get as much stuff purchased and ready as early on as you possibly can. This spreads out costs over a larger period of time, and you'll have less to do and worry about the closer it gets to the holidays. Also, try to make your holiday plans really simple and as stress free as you possibly can. It's not an ideal time to have a baby, but I definitely think it's doable. Personally I came to the conclusion that I would rather have the baby that I'm wishing so hard for and deal with a holiday birth and birthday, than risk wasting a month where we could have conceived, just to avoid adding extra stress (that can be worked around) to that time of the year.
  • Options
    A friend of mine was born Dec. 4, and doesn't like having her birthday in the same month as Christmas, because she feels like it gets glossed over due to the holidays. I don't know what the financial aspect was - I never asked her parents. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Options
    doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited March 2016
    I know someone who's birthday is Christmas Day. His parent's always celebrated his half birthday instead of his actual birthday. It seemed kind of crappy to me. Also, having a crying newborn that needs constant attention could make Chrisrmas less enjoyable for your older LO. I probably would wait a month or two. ETA Germs. you go to any family gatherings for Christmas they will all want to pass around your baby. ETA I just read the thread on the TTC board and now I feel like an a$$hole. I'm sorry your DH wants to take a break.
  • Options
    Update*** there was no stopping us this month...lol. We both decided we don't really care what day baby comes, we just want a baby! Lol. He was away for 4 days but as soon as he came home we started right back up TTC on day 16 of my cycle. I'm praying that's not too late but I guess we will see. My cycles range from 27 to 32 days so hopefully we will get lucky :)