Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Sunday

2»

Re: WTO Sunday

• Options
    ***hello from TWW! Thank you all so much for your help and putting up with my newbie BSCness. I got my CH today!****

@RatsPJ  so, I actually think today may be your O day. My OPK went positive and 2 days later I O'd. Fx today is O and for temp spike tomorrow!! HIO! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    ***Lurking from TWW*** So sorry for your loss @rosenyc123! Be kind to yourself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***Lurking from TWW*** So sorry for your loss @rosenyc123! Be kind to yourself.
  • Options
    @rosenyc123 - I'm so sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself.  Hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    EgnaroBeanEgnaroBean member
    edited March 2016
    @rosenyc123 So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us.

@teamginger13 are you in Cali? I have Friday off too, for Cesar Chavez Day :)

@kiwielopingbride I am frustrated about not being able to make plans, too! It isn't as hard for me I think because I've chosen to be totally candid about TTC with my boss, staff, friends and fam, etc. and so folks at least get where I'm coming from. You could do trip insurance for Thailand--if your couple friends are okay going without you if it comes down to it.

Month/Cycle: 10/5

CD: 48 (EDIT - or maybe CD 1 of Cycle 6? I just started spotting. CD1 would be welcome so FX for full flow!)

WAYDTGKU: temping and about to start Clomid. Then, all the things.

R/R/CS: Nervous and excited to start Clomid.

GTKY:  Keeping with the holiday theme--what is your favorite holiday meal or dish? 

My spouse and I have been hosting Thanksgiving forever, long before we were even married. It's his favorite holiday and he is the cook, but I have a lot of fun with appies and sides. Our unique T-give tradition is caviar bar for brunch. I usually bring it back out for NYE, which is my favorite holiday.

• Options
    @egnarobean nope I'm in Dallas. My company always gives us Good Friday off

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options
    @egnarobean nope I'm in Dallas. My company always gives us Good Friday off
    Wait, is Good Friday not statutory holiday in America?  Is Easter Sunday?  
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    @lcsrva thanks for the tip! I've learned that alcohol really impacts my temps, too--and some kinds more so than others. I also have a love for craft beers which is what got me last night. That is the downfall of predicted O being on/near the weekend. Fortunately, I've had a few other signs today that I haven't O'd yet, but we'll see what happens tomorrow!
    @difazette I LOLed at your response to waydtgku and I totally agree. Every day the answer is everything I can possibly think of.
    @whiska thanks! Of course, it is my fault that the elevated temp is ambiguous. I think I have not O'd yet and I'm kind of hoping tomorrow's temp is lower so I can be sure. I'm glad you got out last night!! I know the feeling, too, of not wanting to get out, but it's usually worth it if I force myself to (especially to go out with non-pregnant/non-parent friends).
    @fsunole31 sorry about CD1, good luck with the temping!
    @rosenyc123 So incredibly sorry about your loss and you have every right to mourn your loss--it wasn't "just" a chemical pregnancy to you and your husband so don't feel bad about your emotions! I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip to Italy.
    @mrsdaddario thanks! I really only had two beers so I will be interested to see what happens with my temp tomorrow--it's crazy how much a little alcohol can affect the temp (and I knew I should have just stayed away!). Good luck with your HIO break and upcoming appointments.
    @kiwielopingbride Yes, drinking definitely gives me higher temps! I was just surprised by how big my jump was since I didn't drink much, so we'll see if temp goes back down tomorrow. Thailand sounds amaaazing and it sucks not to know if you can go ahead with plans...maybe see if you can move the trip forward to the summer time so that even if you are KU you won't be too far along to travel?

• Options
    I'm so sorry @rosenyc123. Take care of yourself!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 2. I took an internet break yesterday.

WAYDTGKU: I've been encouraged by friends to start temping so I guess I'll order my thermometer and see what I can learn before next week. I'm worried that temping will make me ride the crazy train even harder, but if it helps, I'm all for it.

R/R/CS: I guess I pretty much covered it up there, haha. I am glad spring is officially here and look forward to warmer weather!

GTKY:  Keeping with the holiday theme--what is your favorite holiday meal or dish? I love Christmas and Easter because of ham and my grandma's pies. DH is her absolute biggest fan and she makes all the pies because she's the best grandma ever and wants to feed him entire pies at a time. But he doesn't do that and we eat them, too. :smile: 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @JediAlly85 dang, I was hoping not to see you here. So sorry about CD1--you're right, we're in the same boat! I'm sorry that cycle was so hard for you. FX this is the one for both of us!

@rosenyc123 I am so, so sorry. We are here for you!

@kiwielopingbride some companies will offer Good Friday off for people in the US but many are not required to--I work at a private university and we never get Good Friday (or the following US holidays--President's Day, or Labor Day, or MLK Jr Day...etc lol) off. Also, my mom makes a mean sugar pie!! It is basically sugar cream pie without the cream and I LOVE it. Not a lot of Americans eat it, I think, because people get mad when they ask my mom for a sugar pie and then she sells them exactly that--they're like, wait where's the cream?!? Lol. 
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Options
    @kiwielopingbride No, Good Friday is not a nation-wide holiday. I didn't even know that was a thing, and I've lived in 6 states (I've heard Christians talk about Good Friday, but I didn't realize it was a day that might need to be taken off). I just now made the connection that Cesar Chavez Day is on Good Friday!
  • Options
    @rosenyc123 so so sorry for your loss. We're here for you. *hugs*
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    @EgnaroBean @kellybean1988 I had no idea.  It is a mandatory federal paid holiday here.  Everything is closed and companies have to pay their FT employees for the day.  Easter Sunday is a mandatory holiday as well.  People don't get paid for Sunday since it's not part of the normal work week but if have to work that day (say a nurse or something) you would get time and half or double time.  Many have Easter Monday off paid as well (that one is up to the business/org).  

@felix08 moving the trip up would be a good solution only it is the rainy season in SE Asia that time of year : (  I am probably going to have to suck it up and tell my friend at some point soon.  

• Options
    @khbear  If you put in two more high temps, does FF move your CH? I think CD 14 makes more sense when taking CM into account than CD 10 or 11 do.

@kiwielopingbride  I think the general consensus around here is don't act pregnant until you are, so I wouldn't put off vacations or work stuff if I were you. As PP said, you could always get trip insurance if you do have to cancel. As for work, I'm sure your boss would be able to figure something out if you ending taking maternity leave during part of a big project - I wouldn't turn it down just because you might get KU soon.
  • Options

Thanks for having me back. 

ALL OF THE POSSIBLE INTERNET HUGS <3 I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Options
    @kiwielopingbride Not trying to convince you of one thing or another of course, but just for perspective...I was in Southeast Asia during the rainy season last year (June-July) and it was great. It didn't rain as much as I thought it would, and when it did it was a welcome cool-down! I wore fast-drying travel clothes and water-shoes (Keen's) and had a rain cover for my backpack which I actually never had to use. I carried an umbrella that doubled as a parasol when it wasn't raining (originally I was gonna do panchos and am so glad I didn't because it would have been sweltering!) **However--depending on where you are traveling, another consideration is whether you would need to be on Malaria meds, which aren't recco at any point in pregnancy.
  • Options
    @britters314 oh totally would not turn anything down. I'm a "Lean In" girl too.  It's just that I am in charge of the department and I know me being away for 6 mos - 1 yr would affect the overall timeline of the project.  Since it is a long term initiative there would be some flexibility in there for adjusted timelines to account for me being away but I can't plan for what they would be until I'm KU.  Hence complaining about not being able to plan.  Argh!

@EgnaroBean interesting thought. I traveled to Vietnam during the "dry season" and still had quite a bit of rain so it is worth considering a summer trip.  DH is more inclined to protest that since he likes getting away during less favourable seasons here in Canada (aka winter! Nov - Mar!). Anyways, like I said it's more of an annoyance and I just wish I was KU now for so many reasons and this is one small one. 

• Options
    @mrsdee15 ahhh I'm so weirdly happy that at least I'm not alone in this weirdness.
    @mrsdaddario thank you!! I need all the FX
    @rosenyc123 I am so, so, so sorry about your loss. So many internet hugs to you!

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    **lurking from TWW**

@nwegman7878 I had normally O'd on CD16. When I took Clomid 50mg on CD3-7 I O'd on CD17. This month I took 100mg on the same days and didn't O until CD20, which was frustrating. Fx for O for you soon! 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options

@TheJerilu How do you like the raspberry tea? Have you noticed any difference? I keep telling myself I am going to get some but haven't.  Maybe I'll pick some up grocery shopping tomorrow.

I quite love it! It's a bit of a bitter tea, so I add a dollop of honey. You really don't need a ton of honey, and it totally transforms the taste and texture of the tea. That being said, I can totally drink it sans sweetener, but it takes it from "eh, this tea is okay" to legitimately being one of my favorite teas.

The grocery stores I checked didn't seem to have any, but Amazon has them in boxes of 16, or this insane 6x16 box for waaaay [bulk] cheap.  https://http//www.amazon.com/Yogi-Herbal-Womans-Raspberry-Leaf/dp/B0009F3SFK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1458568103&sr=8-1&keywords=yogi+raspberry+leaf+tea

BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11