November 2015 Moms

Stranger fear already?

I'm pretty much a homebody plus we haven't met too many people since moving so lex has really only been around me and dad . but last night I went to a dinner meeting with a girl Ive hung out with before, she asked to hold lex I hand her over and lex is staring at her while she's talking with a furrowed brow then her face changed a cry was coming. I've never seen her work up to a cry this way then she let out a wail. So my question is it too soon for stranger fear? When does it usually start?

Re: Stranger fear already?

• My LO does this even to his dad sometimes. I'm not sure it's fear so much yet as it is he knows who he wants to be held by (usually me)... He knows who mommy is and he loves mommy. He enjoys staring at everyone and everything from the comfort of mommy. If I'm not there he's usually a little better about being held by anyone. 
  • jdal1206jdal1206 member
    edited March 2016
    I read somewhere that it is a good developmental milestone when they stare at faces they don't recognize so the burrowed frow makes sense to me. And the crying I think is normal and not necessarily fear related but just because something is different, my LO does this sometimes when he meets someone new and he usually calms down after a little while.

Edited because apparently I can't spell
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok lol I'm nervous because she's only with me ever and even when dad's home I'm never not around that we'll have trouble when I go to do stuff and leave her with someone
  • At my LOs 4 month wellness checkup she started crying when the pedi took her. Like you, I'm rarely not around. I go out for an hour or two and she stays with DH then. Pedi said it is stranger anxiety and recommended going out with baby to let her see there are lots of other people and to let someone else take care of her once in awhile.