November 2015 Moms
Options

I'm starting a WTF Friday thread because...WTF?!

is wrong with people?! I nanny 3 kids-4, 7, and 10. I take my daughter to work with me. Yesterday and today my husband has had off work though, so he has kept Charlotte and watched March madness with a friend at our house. I stopped by for a moment today because CJ had a rough night-she aspirates her saliva periodically, so we bulb suction her often and sleep in her room-so she can still sleep in her crib. Well last night was an unusual 'chokey' night for her. Waking us multiple times coughing and choking on saliva. My husband says he thinks she has a cough. I haven't noticed and I've had her all week and he says he noticed yesterday a little. While I was there, his friend, who is married with a 1.5 year old, starts coughing. I asked if he was alright-thought he choked on his drink, and he replies with yea-I just have this residual cough from this virus everyone has had this winter. Ummmm.....do you mean RSV?! The same virus that put Charlotte in the hospital for a week last month?! You gotta be F-ing kidding me?! He follows that with...yea my wife went to the doctor today and she has a sinus infection, ear infection, and pink eye from baby Ronny. He says, she got the triple whammy! Ok guys, I'm going to lose my shit! My 4 month old daughter just got out of the hospital. We are just now trying to get into a routine. And you bring this shit back into my house?! Not to mention, you are a good enough friend of my husbands that you know the hell that has been this winter for us!!! So if I jump up and freak out, I will be "that mom", but why do I have to?! Why do people do this shit?! It's not that hard...if you are sick, stay the f*** home. If you've been sick or been around someone sick, don't go to a house where there's a baby-a struggling baby nonetheless!!! What is wrong with people?!?!! Ok, I'm done! 

But if we end up back in the hospital with RSV, Im going to lose my shit! Guess I'll go home today and clean my house top to bottom yet again. Happy Friday  :/

ok, I'm done for real this time....anyone else?! 

Re: I'm starting a WTF Friday thread because...WTF?!

• Options
    I clicked on this thread fully intending to whine about some stupid, trivial things and now after reading your post I can't bring myself to do it. I hope baby Charolotte doesn't get sick again and that your DH says something to his idiot friend!
  • Options
    DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
    edited March 2016
    @doodleoodle please vent! That's what it's here for!! I'm just freaking out, so I thought I'd get it out!!! Before I lose it on someone for real!!! Lol 

And thank you! One step forward and two steps back lately! But hey, that's life sometimes!! 

We turned on the vaporizer and started the nebulizer treatments, that's the best we can do for now  :/  At least we know what we are looking for!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited March 2016
    I agree. I feel bad to vent when yours is so much more important . I pray that she does  not get sick again !! People don't seem yo use their brains .

I had a friends husband change my breaks last Tuesday and we stayed  at my Grammas while it was done (2 days) . I spent the whole day at a friends house waiting for my car to come back and just before I left they start talking about how her middle daughter has a fever of 103 this morning and had the flu a few days prior . Really?? Wtf ! Might want to mention this before I come and not as im leaving. 

• Options
    mrsgabusmrsgabus member
    edited March 2016

Wtf 2. I ordered a pair of grow with me pants for Anna. They were sent out on Feb 27 and still haven't arrived. The seller lives an hour drive from me.where the fudge are my pants? 

• Options

@DogLoverX3 your little girl has been through a lot, you are fully justified in being an over-protective mama bear to keep her healthy.  Don't worry about being "that mom"!

WTF my mom.  My grandma just had surgery, she and grandpa haven't met Addy yet, so I'm taking her up next week to meet them (5 hour round trip by myself, since this weekend and next are both booked, and DH can't afford time off right now).  My mom is utterly insisting we stay with her.  Now, let me explain why that's ludicrous: She has 3 once-outdoor cats, who are all very skilled mousers, my stepdad has a giant, insanely friendly but loud dog, their guest room has no doors, its a loft open to the living room, and my stepdad gets up at 5am every morning and listens to the news very loudly in the living room.  I'm a deep sleeper and I can't sleep past 5 at their house, if I even got sleep at all with the cats jumping all over and the dog barking to be let out at ass o'clock in the morning.  I am super worried that a cat is going to pounce on tiny wiggly toes under a blanket, or jump into her bassinet.  Not to mention, Addy's never experienced a cat or dog before, for all I know she's allergic.  I managed to get her to agree to give me their room, which at least has a door so I can shut out the animals, but she thinks I'm being over protective and nuts.  I'm thinking of booking a hotel anyway, and telling her DH insisted.  Then at least I'm off the hook.

• Options
    Thanks @AmoLovesAud ..... I just feel awful being the mom who's like-if your kid coughed once, we can't play. But C just can't get sick. My husband starting telling me as soon as I walked in the door this evening that he had no idea. That he asked if everyone was healthy, so he didn't think twice about the few coughs yesterday. We've got two breathing treatments under our belts, but that deep cough is creeping up  :(
    Also, I say you do whatever is best for you because what I've learned through this short, but long journey, is that no one, and I mean no one, knows what's best for your child but you and her daddy!  :)
  • Options
    You have every right to be the mama bear, @DogLoverX3!

My wtf is a little more of the FFC lol. Wtf because LO has decided naps are evil and has been fighting them hard core for the last few days. Yesterday DH was gone and totally unreachable and LO decided to have a major meltdown. From the time he got up to the time bedtime rolled around he got one decent nap (45 minutes) in and spent the rest of the time crying. I was battling a migraine and his screams were very much not helping. needless to say I was not a happy camper.

on Sunday I'm spending 3 hours with friends and DH is watching our son (which is quite possibly the longest he's watched LO on his own since he's been born...). There is a very big part of me that hopes LO cries the whole time for him so he gets payback for leaving me in a lurch yesterday. 
  • Options
    Wtf with my body. Why does everything look so weird on me? Went to the mall today and hardly bought anything because it all looked so strange on me. Where did my butt go? Seriously, I had a pretty big butt, where is it?

and Victoria's secret is that she is one greedy bitch! $69 for a bra? $20 for panties? WTF??

• Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    WTF to my husband and his poor poor put upon him attitude sometimes. In his defense upfront, he did work 6 14 hour days straight and then had yesterday off. He works today and then has tomorrow off. So yesterday afternoon I asked when his next day off was, he said Saturday. So I said "okay, then we need to go buy diapers then" and his response? "Really, on my one day off?" Well, I would go get them some other time if I wasn't without a vehicle while you're at work. And I could go on my own Saturday, but that's not really how we do things. Plus, I have trouble pitying you and your "one day off" when you had a day off two days before that. And I hate to pull this card, because he does work hard and is the sole provider for our family, but when is my day off? When he's not working I try not to complain about him playing video games all day if he wants. But I never get a break from being essentially the baby's sole care taker. He will play with the baby sometimes, but if it comes to feeding, changing, comforting, etc he has nothing to do with it. So I have trouble finding pity for his free time being encroached upon by a 30 minute trip to Walmart. 
  • Options
    kmd91 said:
    WTF to my husband and his poor poor put upon him attitude sometimes. In his defense upfront, he did work 6 14 hour days straight and then had yesterday off. He works today and then has tomorrow off. So yesterday afternoon I asked when his next day off was, he said Saturday. So I said "okay, then we need to go buy diapers then" and his response? "Really, on my one day off?" Well, I would go get them some other time if I wasn't without a vehicle while you're at work. And I could go on my own Saturday, but that's not really how we do things. Plus, I have trouble pitying you and your "one day off" when you had a day off two days before that. And I hate to pull this card, because he does work hard and is the sole provider for our family, but when is my day off? When he's not working I try not to complain about him playing video games all day if he wants. But I never get a break from being essentially the baby's sole care taker. He will play with the baby sometimes, but if it comes to feeding, changing, comforting, etc he has nothing to do with it. So I have trouble finding pity for his free time being encroached upon by a 30 minute trip to Walmart. 
    Girl, I'd nip that in the bud! My DH used to go on and on about how he never had any free time. Which is totally untrue. He works 2nd shift and when he gets home we're asleep. I hear him downstairs watching television and playing games on his phone until 3 AM. I told him in my free time, when he takes the baby, I fold laundry, clean bathrooms etc. He also once made a comment about how sometimes I seem frazzled and that isn't good for the baby. I asked him how frazzled he would be if he only got to leave work for 30 minutes/day and he had to decide between using that time to shower or actually eat in peace for once. After that he seemed to finally get it. I've also started saying things like, "I think I'm going to take a half day Saturday." I think it puts things in perspective. I go out on my own for at least an hour once a week now and he's been really supportive. That being said, my WTF is still DH lol I knew I'd be teaching a baby about cause and effect. I didn't know that baby would be DH though. Let me preface my complaint with 2 things, I know he was coming from a good place but also something like this happens multiple times a day. He works 2nd shift. He comes home with a big box of diapers and wipes and then (I can only imagine this is what happened) he took his keys or a knife and violently stabs into the tape on both boxes. LO wakes up of course. I get her settled down and back to sleep just in time for him to make another loud noise. I seriously think DH is under the impression that if he's not in the same room as LO he's in an alternate universe. So of course she wakes up and he says, "I'll take her after my shower." Yeah, at night it's always I'll take her, just let me x,y,z. You're not fooling anyone, mister! Oh and!.. Those diapers and wipes that just had to be opened right then... Yeah, he just laid them in the middle of the nursery floor. He knows where they go. So annoying.
  • Options
    kmd91 said:
    Girl, I'd nip that in the bud! My DH used to go on and on about how he never had any free time. Which is totally untrue. He works 2nd shift and when he gets home we're asleep. I hear him downstairs watching television and playing games on his phone until 3 AM. I told him in my free time, when he takes the baby, I fold laundry, clean bathrooms etc. He also once made a comment about how sometimes I seem frazzled and that isn't good for the baby. I asked him how frazzled he would be if he only got to leave work for 30 minutes/day and he had to decide between using that time to shower or actually eat in peace for once. After that he seemed to finally get it. I've also started saying things like, "I think I'm going to take a half day Saturday." I think it puts things in perspective. I go out on my own for at least an hour once a week now and he's been really supportive. That being said, my WTF is still DH lol I knew I'd be teaching a baby about cause and effect. I didn't know that baby would be DH though. Let me preface my complaint with 2 things, I know he was coming from a good place but also something like this happens multiple times a day. He works 2nd shift. He comes home with a big box of diapers and wipes and then (I can only imagine this is what happened) he took his keys or a knife and violently stabs into the tape on both boxes. LO wakes up of course. I get her settled down and back to sleep just in time for him to make another loud noise. I seriously think DH is under the impression that if he's not in the same room as LO he's in an alternate universe. So of course she wakes up and he says, "I'll take her after my shower." Yeah, at night it's always I'll take her, just let me x,y,z. You're not fooling anyone, mister! Oh and!.. Those diapers and wipes that just had to be opened right then... Yeah, he just laid them in the middle of the nursery floor. He knows where they go. So annoying.
    Lol at the "alternate universe" comment. I can totally relate. One night my DH came home from work and DD was finally asleep for a nap after a particularly challenging day. Well DH goes into the kitchen and as loud as possible opens a bag of chips and starts chomping on them. Like first of all we're about to have dinner and second why are you being so damn noisy??!! DD of course woke up from the loud bag noises. 
  • Options
    I never realized how loud things were until I had a poor-sleeping child
  • Options
    Wtf to having to tell SO every week or so that I'd like more baby help. How many times before you just consistently pitch in?
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    laswett said:
    Wtf to having to tell SO every week or so that I'd like more baby help. How many times before you just consistently pitch in?
    Yes! It must be great to be able to enjoy a sweet, snuggly baby and just be able to take for granted that the actual work that goes into the baby will just magically be taken care of.
  • Options
    It's Monday for me but I'm finally well enough to post this. My WTF is my MIL. Never washing her damn hands after changing LO's diaper and after the many many many aggressive suggestions to wash her hands, she gives him acute gastroenteritis (stomach flu). And then he give it to SO and then he gives it to me and then MIL gets it and the SIL gets it and then I get it again! And now she doesn't want to even hold him fear that he will get sick again says the woman who hasn't cleaned her house since thanksgiving! GAH!
  • Options
    It's Monday for me but I'm finally well enough to post this. My WTF is my MIL. Never washing her damn hands after changing LO's diaper and after the many many many aggressive suggestions to wash her hands, she gives him acute gastroenteritis (stomach flu). And then he give it to SO and then he gives it to me and then MIL gets it and the SIL gets it and then I get it again! And now she doesn't want to even hold him fear that he will get sick again says the woman who hasn't cleaned her house since thanksgiving! GAH!
    I'm confused... How did she give him the stomach flu by not washing her hands after changing him??
  • Options
    skabanak said:
    I'm confused... How did she give him the stomach flu by not washing her hands after changing him??
    I'm assuming MIL got sick, then baby got sick, then everyone in the house got sick.  Hand washing cuts down on the likelihood of passing germs from person to person. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's.