October 2015 Moms

Nap trouble

For the last 3 days it's been taking me 1.5-2 hours to get baby down for each nap. We're at 2.5 hours now and I still can't get her to sleep. I finally gave up and stuck her mobile on, which makes her excited and wants to play (but I had to go to the bathroom and need a break).  We have a routine, and she normally goes down ok, so I'm not sure what to do. Starting to feel pretty wiped.  Anyone else have trouble with naps around 5 months?  Anything work well for you?

Re: Nap trouble

• No solutions, but my son and the little girl I watch (a week older than him) have been like this the past couple days. We had such a great nap routine last week. 
  • YES!  So much trouble with naps this past week!  Basically refuses to sleep in her crib except at night.  I have been trying to take her out for walks more.  The fresh air and stroller seem to put her to sleep.  I know it isn't ideal but it is better than fighting with her about napping for two hours and then losing because it is time for her to eat again.  Once she is asleep I just park her stroller in the house and she stays asleep for almost an hour. I feel like it is good for both of us....I get exercise and a break, she gets sleep, we both get some fresh air and vitamin D.
  • Loading the player...
  • A stroller ride totally helps.  We go for an hour long walk or run each afternoon so she can get in a 45 min nap.  This is a saving grace ft or me, but struggle with the other two naps.  Agreed, fresh air seems to put them right to sleep :)