August 2015 Moms

Pumping at work!!! Venting

LO is going on 7 months and I am still nursing her. I try to pump at work three times a day sometimes i only have time to pump twice. I have my own office so I lock the door and sit on the floor since the blinds in my office dont close. Before I would pump in another Case Managers office because her office blinds do close but I saw that as an inconvenience for her since I was taking time for her job. Anyways, recently each time my administrator tries to come in my office and its locked she gets moody. Also, it seems like shes fed up with me pumping honestly its getting on my nerves... ugh. I understand its an inconvenient when shes looking for me but ugghh it gets on my nerves.... sorry ladies I needed to vent about this.

Re: Pumping at work!!! Venting

• Ah I remember pumping at work. Such a great idea and so difficult to execute. I feel for ya. I'm a nurse in a hospital and had a designated pumping room but finding the time to get there ulgh. I only kept it up 2 months then quit. Your boss has no right to stop you nor should she be acting annoyed even if she is. Can you say you could get more work done if you had blinds that close and can sit at your desk and answer a phone if she needs to talk? Or is there another office you can use that's more private? Remember moms spend no more time pumping than smokers do on cigarette breaks so don't let anyone make you feel bad about having to do it.
  • ^this. 

I'm sorry this is all so frustrating. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel ya on this one. I'm still pumping too. It seems like every time I pump at work someone is knocking on my door and jiggling the handle. Also, when they knock I never know what to say.. uhh hello? i'll be out in a minute?
  • Would it be weird for y'all to hang a sign up on your door? Not that it literally says "BRB, pumping." But something stating you'll be available in twenty minutes. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker