November 2016 Moms
Options

The time is here. Maternity clothes.

2»

Re: The time is here. Maternity clothes.

• Options
    I got almost all of my work clothes last pregnancy from ThredUp.  It's online consignment. Since most maternity clothes are only worn a few months and then not needed, there were some really great finds.
    If you need one or two nicer dresses for a shower or something, look at Seraphine. Not cheap but very pretty - and you could probably re-sell it later.
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, I dug out my maternity pants as soon as I got my BFP... I don't care. They're comfy.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sugar9277 said:
    Amore42 said:
    I know several of you have recommended Zulily. How would you describe the quality
    Zulily sells different brands depending on the day, so the quality will depend on the brand. I've always liked what I've ordered from zulily - but be careful - they don't usually accept returns.
    Zulily tip - shipping depends on how much you buy, but once you place an order, you get free shipping the rest of the day. So, buy the cheapest item first (so then use the free shipping for anything else you're ordering.
    I love zulily. Because of the free shipping the rest of the day I usually try and only buy when there is multiple things I want in a day. Each event lasts a couple of days usually and there is new stuff every day. Everything I have gotten is good quality, no complaints. They have some pretty recognizable brands sometimes (I got some Toms last month and they had Pink Blush maternity last week). If something arrives broken or damaged their customer service is amazing, but they don't accept returns for undamaged items. I always make sure to look at the size chart for each brand.
  • Options
    Oh and if you buy on Friday on Zulilly (and I'm guessing Saturday too) you not only get free shipping the whole day but the whole weekend. Great deal. 
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, I dug out my maternity pants as soon as I got my BFP... I don't care. They're comfy.
    They are comfy. I didn't bust mine out right at my BFP but busted them out last week at 5 weeks. So comfy! I try not to wear obviously maternity shirts just yet but the pants. So comfy. 
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can buy long, long sleeve t shirts that don't have the tell tale pregnancy side gathers? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can buy long, long sleeve t shirts that don't have the tell tale pregnancy side gathers? 
    I just bought mine one or 2 sizes too big at old navy last time.  They worked well.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Rant time.  So... I was casually scrolling through A Pea in the Pod today for cute summer dress ideas (not purchasing, just dreaming about summer), and discovered they don't offer ANY dresses over a size L (12-14)!  I'm 5'10" tall, anywhere from a size 12-16, depending on the brand, so I'm not even in the plus size range (which I believe starts at 1X), and they don't offer anything that will fit me!!!  I'm kind of ticked off that I'm being fat shamed by a maternity site!!!  Being a tall woman makes normal clothes shopping difficult enough (because apparently we're all the same inseam size), so I'm not particularly looking forward to trying to find maternity clothes that fit me.  I would just quit pants all together, but I work in a lab and have to wear long pants.   :(
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    LindsayLuLu27LindsayLuLu27 member
    edited March 2016
     I'm in the same boat! Second baby and 7 weeks (ish) and already wanting pull out my old maternity stuff! I'm 5' 10" so I feel you on the tall maternity! 

I know now pea in a pod carries joes maternity jeans that are really long! Also I believe old navy maternity started carrying tall maternity jeans. Good luck and let me know if you find other places! 
  • Options
    LindsayLuLu27LindsayLuLu27 member
    edited March 2016
     Hey @shamrocandrollSo we are the same height and I was a 14/16 with my daughter and bought a ton of stuff from pea in a pod in size large! Give them a try in the store because their peices are cut really well for tall women! So you may be a smaller size with them than you would think. 
  • Options
    @LindsayLuLu27 Thanks!  That is good to know, but I generally tend to size up because I don't like very clingy clothes that show all my lady lumps, haha.  I usually tend to go more toward XL.  I do love Old Navy for jeans, although they just got rid of the style I've been buying for like 7+ years, which made me want to cry!  I'll have to check them out for maternity for sure!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    Ladies, pink blush maternity is having a sale 50% off their clearance stuff! 
  • Options
    I have a few questions about what I am going to need for this :-) Bear with me :-)

1) Bras. My bras already don't fit. But I was a big size to begin with and need to go to specialty shops. I don't want to pay $100 for a new one if they are going to grow even bigger. Do they have some sort of adjustable bra that can accommodate a few sizes?

2) I figure my 'big' months are going to be in the summer, when I am not working, so I can wear yoga pants and shirts all summer. So, if I am five months pregnant in June, what do I need to get for work clothes in the meantime? I am just not sure how 'big' I will get by that point.
  • Options
    ficbot said:
    I have a few questions about what I am going to need for this :-) Bear with me :-)

1) Bras. My bras already don't fit. But I was a big size to begin with and need to go to specialty shops. I don't want to pay $100 for a new one if they are going to grow even bigger. Do they have some sort of adjustable bra that can accommodate a few sizes?

2) I figure my 'big' months are going to be in the summer, when I am not working, so I can wear yoga pants and shirts all summer. So, if I am five months pregnant in June, what do I need to get for work clothes in the meantime? I am just not sure how 'big' I will get by that point.
    See this post for a variety of answers. The short answer is that there's no way to know, but if this is your first, you likely won't be huge.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • Options
    Ladies, pink blush maternity is having a sale 50% off their clearance stuff! 
    @LindsayLuLu27 You're my new favorite person.  I just bought so much cute stuff for so cheap, including a really cute lace dress for a wedding I have this summer!  I wasn't gong to start buying yet, but I couldn't resist an extra 50% off clearance!   :D 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll right?! I can't wait for my DD to go to bed for the night! Mamas going to get her shopping fix! ;)