May 2016 Moms
Options

Postpartum Makeup Routine... need product recommendation

So I am a lover of makeup and just generally feeling pretty.  I have a great routine with the bareMinerals makeup line for my current daily life but it's a bit more time consuming than I'll be ready for this summer while juggling 3 kids and nursing.  I'm looking for recommendation on a tinted moisturizer or light to medium coverage liquid foundation with SPF that will help me to feel not so naked while dropping my prep time to less than 5 min when trying to get out of the house.  Help a sister out here... what is your go to for light to medium coverage?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Postpartum Makeup Routine... need product recommendation

• Options
    Butts Bees came out with a BB cream that I'm really liking right now. I've tried lots of different brands of BB and CC creams all over the spectrum, drug store to Clinique (haven't made my way to Bare Minerals yet, eventually), and Burts gives me the hydration, SPF, and tone evening that will have me buying it again. 

Hated the Clinique btw, it was almost chalky with zero hydration. 
  • Options
    Smashbox BB cream is all I wear most of the time. I throw on my moisturizer and usually a separate spf because I'm a sunscreen nazi. Then I put on the BB cream (it is spf 35). I also love the NYX butter balms for lips - tons of tinted lip balms that are just a hint of color. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks... I generally love all products Burts Bees but I probably would have never thought of them for makeup.  I'll certainly check it out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the Clinique CC cream (never tried the BB). It's moisturizing, has SPF and offers light coverage (which is all I want with the heat and humidity where I live). Also, I can blend it on in less than a minute, always a plus!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Laura mercier is my favorite tinted moisturizer, it looks fantastic if you apply it with a brush. It does feel a little heavy in the summer, though. 
  • Options
    I use bare minerals, but I have a very simple routine so it only takes me 3min tops, 5 if I'm doing fancy eyeliner.
  • Options
    Hourglass makes a great tinted moisturizer with spf, it's light but has enough coverage that I don't always need concealer. I use that, my regular moisturizer, Coola mineral sunscreen if I'll be outside a lot, a Nars multiple, and mascara. 5 minutes tops, maybe even less if necessary. 
  • Options
    If you like the bareMinerals products, they have a tinted moisturizer that I love here: https://www.sephora.com/complexion-rescue-tinted-hydrating-gel-cream-P393356.  It gives you lightweight coverage and has SPF 30 sun protection.  I use it all the time when I'm outdoors and/or don't want to do my entire make-up routine.  I'll throw it on with some mascara, and it doesn't feel like I'm even wearing makeup.  

• Options
    swflJD said:
    If you like the bareMinerals products, they have a tinted moisturizer that I love here: https://www.sephora.com/complexion-rescue-tinted-hydrating-gel-cream-P393356.  It gives you lightweight coverage and has SPF 30 sun protection.  I use it all the time when I'm outdoors and/or don't want to do my entire make-up routine.  I'll throw it on with some mascara, and it doesn't feel like I'm even wearing makeup.  

That's the one I was planning on getting last time but was too lazy to go to Sephora/Ulta, so Target and Burts Bees it is for now
  • Options
    For daytime, I just use the basic Maybelline BB cream (it's one of the few that don't make me breakout more and is actually pale enough to match my face), and mascara. If I have enough extra time I'll swipe some eyeliner on my upper lids. Also, I live in Texas, so one thing I do splurge on and swear by is Urban Decay's makeup setting spray. I've gone swing dancing for hours with sweat dripping down my face, and the smoky eye I usually sport when I go out is still on point by the time I leave. As a new mom, I have a feeling that stuff is going to come in super handy at some point. 

Something someone else told me: if you're really that worried about how you look with a much lower key routine than usual (or have no time for it all), just make sure that you keep your brows in shape. Apparently it'll help you to still look somewhat put together on your most harried days, even when you're not wearing makeup at all (which is becoming more common for me now).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I find powders to be less time-consuming than applying a liquid evenly, and my favorite for medium coverage is MAC's powder foundation: https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13847/251/Products/Makeup/Face/Foundation/Studio-Fix-Powder-Plus-Foundation

it's especially great for summer if you tend to get shiny (I do!).

• Options
    I second Laura Mercier! I actually think it feels lighter than the Arbonne tinted moisturizer I switched from.
  • Options
    Second the smash box bb cream. It does wonders and even lasts through a little sweat. 
  • Options
    A Third for Laura mercier!  I just use her light foundation-  it Offers just enough coverage while staying very light and beautiful.  
  • Options
    Ok for me the super fast & lazy postpartum makeup is going to be mixing a dot of my concealer w/ moisturizer concealing my dark circles and mascara... Tinted lip balm in the car.... Done. 
  • Options
    MrsPrice519MrsPrice519 member
    edited March 2016
    I swear by the Clinique acne bb creme (whether you have acne or not!). It is so light you can't feel it and applies like a dream.  It's available at Sephora only.  I cannot say enough awesome things about it.  It also has spf 40

ETA: link
    https://m.sephora.com/product/P394252?icid2=sku_grid
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    Glossier phase 1 set, can't get enough. Skin tint is super light coverage that makes you look dewy and moisturized, but even.
  • Options
    doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited March 2016
    Mary Kay tinted moisturizer. Lasts forever and is awesome. I also love Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Mineral Powder if you're feeling a bit shiny. I also love (as a base) ELF luminating primer.

ETA: I also love makeup. I have subscribed to Ipsy and LOVE it. I feel like it's Christmas every 18th of the month.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)