Trouble TTC
Options

too early for a test but showing symptoms?

So I'm on cycle day 14 and took clomid this cycle after taking provera to force a period. 
The last two days at work I have been extra sassy and had to stay away from the grill when we were prepping bacon and chicken because the smell made me want to puke. 
According to my little app that I track my cycle on I should of ovulated on day 12 but I don't have a predictor kit yet. 

My my work has baby fever so the minute I was like "I'm gonna puke if I'm by the grill right now" they were freaking out with "are you pregnant" 
i know it's too early for pregnancy symptoms to appear and I go in on the 23 for a blood test to make sure I'm not pregnant before I start round two of provera/clomid. 
But is this a side effect of clomid? Or provera? Or ovulating? Or am I just going crazy? 

Re: too early for a test but showing symptoms?

• Options
    Winnie81_OldWinnie81_Old member
    edited March 2016
    I would say it is a side effect from Clomid of Provera, but I can't answer that for you. In my experience, Clomid makes me nauseous, extremely moody, and I have hot flashes. If you did ovulate on cd 12 and its currently cd 14 it is pretty much impossible to have pregnancy symptoms because typically implantation is between 7-10 days past ovulation. Your body doesn't start producing hcg until then. When you are in an environment that has baby fever, it is easy to fall into symptom spotting, but I would try and avoid that for my sanity. Good luck.
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Options
    So I'm on cycle day 14 and took clomid this cycle after taking provera to force a period. 
    The last two days at work I have been extra sassy and had to stay away from the grill when we were prepping bacon and chicken because the smell made me want to puke. 
    According to my little app that I track my cycle on I should of ovulated on day 12 but I don't have a predictor kit yet. 

My my work has baby fever so the minute I was like "I'm gonna puke if I'm by the grill right now" they were freaking out with "are you pregnant" 
    i know it's too early for pregnancy symptoms to appear and I go in on the 23 for a blood test to make sure I'm not pregnant before I start round two of provera/clomid. 
    But is this a side effect of clomid? Or provera? Or ovulating? Or am I just going crazy? 
    @Samanthaarielxo

I haven't been on either of those two medications but I would guess it was a side effect of one of the medications combined with a work environment that's full of baby fever. Did you get the results from the doctor yet?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't even ovulate this cycle. 
    I'm assuming I am showing symptoms because of the meds and everyone pushing their baby fever on me. We also just switched suppliers for food where I work and everything has new spices and tastes a little different so maybe that's why my sense of smell is going crazy because it's new smells. 
  • Options
    @samanthaarielxo I've been on Clomid for 5 cycles now. It definitely gives me a heightened sense of smell, and I am a total b*tch and pretty emotional and crazy on it too. It sucks that meds we take to get pregnant often mimic pregnancy symptoms and trick our hopeful brains. Hope you get good news in a couple of weeks!
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker