May 2016 Moms
Options

What do you love but since pregnancy doesn't love you back?

I love to drink orange juice but since I've became pregnant it will not stay down. I'm not rushing my pregnancy but I'm ready to have my orange juice back.

Re: What do you love but since pregnancy doesn't love you back?

• Options
    I loved cappuchino and lattes - the smell and taste. I stayed away from coffee during the pregnancy but I did try it about three times throughout the pregnancy and I don't like it at all. I didn't even crave it. Just dropped it like that. Might be a good thing though.  B)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All food in general. Everything tastes weird. I just want to eat normally again
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cafe Rio
  • Options
    All food in general. Everything tastes weird. I just want to eat normally again
    @ayeshaohara I am so ready to be normal period lol.
  • Options
    Cereal! Tastes great going down, and 5 min later I feel like death. It is the weirdest thing. With my son, I could not eat cooked vegetables or cantelope the entire pregnancy. Guess what he HATES? Yep, cooked veg and cantelope. Not sure how that all works, super weird!
  • Options
    COFFEE. Makes me throw up every time. Oh dear God I miss it.

Also, baby is still not a big fan of chocolate, sadly. If it's in cake or something, yes, but Hershey's bars don't work anymore. I miss them too. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DanandVan said:
    Cereal! Tastes great going down, and 5 min later I feel like death. It is the weirdest thing. With my son, I could not eat cooked vegetables or cantelope the entire pregnancy. Guess what he HATES? Yep, cooked veg and cantelope. Not sure how that all works, super weird!
    @DanandVan I didn't care much for cereal before getting pregnant, now my favorite is honey smacks. Lol! I wonder will my baby girl like them because that's mainly my midnight snack.
  • Options
    COFFEE. Makes me throw up every time. Oh dear God I miss it.

Also, baby is still not a big fan of chocolate, sadly. If it's in cake or something, yes, but Hershey's bars don't work anymore. I miss them too. 

@amberraysofdawn yes I had to give up my love for chocolate as well. So sad lol.
  • Options
    @MrsPrice519 I finally got a chance to get some good sleep and woke up to someone kicking the neighbors door at 5:27 a.m. So that pretty much canceled that. But other than this, sleepless nights have become the new norm for me, or shall I say us lol 
  • Options
    ayeshaohara   So true for me too!  I'm ready (in 8 weeks) to go back to loving how food tastes! 

Also, exercise. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    JennyS86 said:
    ayeshaohara   So true for me too!  I'm ready (in 8 weeks) to go back to loving how food tastes! 

Also, exercise. 
    Yes!!!! Exercise!!!! OMG so looking forward to it 
  • Options
    Coffee and carbonated drinks. Depending on the day coffee makes me nauseous and I used to love sparkling water or soda but I usually cannot stomach anything with carbonation.
  • Options
    I'm over most of my aversions  (except most fried foods and soda...I never really got a taste for those back after being pregnant with DS). I'm in the camp with those whose body hates intense exercise while pregnant. Running=spotting/cramping while pregnant both with DS and DS2. I miss it; even just a quick mile after work used to be a go-to destress strategy that I could actually fit in my schedule. 
  • Options
    Sleep and decent cold/allergy medicines that actually work.  I have chronic sinus and allergy issues year round and this is starting to get downright brutal without my usual meds

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Spicy foods! They just don't taste as spicy anymore. I sad :disappointed: 
  • Options
    tgortney said:
    Spicy foods! They just don't taste as spicy anymore. I sad :disappointed: 
    So true. I can't get enough and then it kills me with heartburn. :disappointed: 
  • Options
    @Kita175 and it won't be getting any easier once baby gets here lol
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    My sciatic nerve HATES me.....I've tried being so nice to it :-(
  • Options
    Coffee. After becoming pregnant & going off my anxiety medication, I became HIGHLY sensitive to caffeine and had to cut all of it out. I've recently been able to add back 1 cup of chai tea per morning (yay!), but the last time I had a cup of caffeinated coffee, I didn't sleep for 3 days.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    yogahh said:
    Sex. Not that I ever loved it sooooo much but I do miss having it. 
    I was waiting for someone to say sex!
  • Options
    Yes, forgot my libado. Can't wait to have that back! Guessing DH feels the same. 
  • Options
    sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    edited March 2016
    Hot cheetos. I love them but they are heartburn central.
  • Options
    I agree with the sex...but I know for me, it won't be great until I get my mojo back after breastfeeding.  Sorry DH - 2017 might be a better year for sex....

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    Coffee. After becoming pregnant & going off my anxiety medication, I became HIGHLY sensitive to caffeine and had to cut all of it out. I've recently been able to add back 1 cup of chai tea per morning (yay!), but the last time I had a cup of caffeinated coffee, I didn't sleep for 3 days.
    @saladflambe I have to have my one cup of coffee in the morning to survive. 
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    Sex. Not that I ever loved it sooooo much but I do miss having it. 
    @yogahh you just had to go there I'm high risk so no penetration for me at all and it's killing me that I can't kmsl. You ladies that can participate in this I'm so jealous lol.
  • Options
    durbie92 said:
    Yes, forgot my libado. Can't wait to have that back! Guessing DH feels the sam

Mines have kicked up in overdrive and I can't do anything but think about it lol.
  • Options
    Definitely agree w/ PP who said exercise! I'm the type who loves high intensity workouts (running, Tae Bo, etc) but after some light spotting during early second trimester, OB says I'm only allowed to walk.
  • Options
    Another thing I thought of, but running... Specifically long distance running. It was a huge stress reliever for me when I could just go out run for awhile and get some thinking done. Now I get tired with just light activity.
  • Options
    running and sex. Sigh. I despise pelvic rest. Arrggg. Can't wait for both !!! 

• Options
    Iced coffee! Ever since getting pregnant whenever I've ordered my normal iced coffee I can never take more than two sips before it tastes gross. I can drink other coffee drinks but my normal iced coffee is a no go. Really hoping it'll taste better at some point 
  • Options
    Rock climbing and yoga, still doing yoga but it's getting tough. Also, really missing drinking wine freely. And last, being comfortable sitting on the floor or rough housing with my toddler.
  • Options
    I miss being able to lie down comfortably, especially on my stomach and back, and just being physically comfortable in general. 
  • Options
    Rock climbing and yoga, still doing yoga but it's getting tough. Also, really missing drinking wine freely. And last, being comfortable sitting on the floor or rough housing with my toddler.
    @KelleAlward i have definitely missed my wine. 
  • Options
    Running for me too. Hasn't felt right since week 6.

Also, chicken.

Just looking at the word chicken makes me a little queasy. 
  • Options
    I miss Mountain Dew in large quantities as in more than a small cup a day.  I'd love to be able to drink an entire bottle of Dew Shine.  But since right now I can only drink the diet crap I'm stuck with a small cup of Mountain Dew (it is my coffee) in the mornings.  Diet Mountain Dew is nasty, but still tastes better than coffee.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    @nerdymama I use to could drink a Pepsi, I had to completely give it up.