October 2015 Moms
Options

Mosquito/Bug Repellant

Does anyone have any reccomendarions for a natural baby safe bug repellant for my 5 month old? Now that the weather is warm we'll be spending a lot of time outdoors. We live in western KY and the mosquitos are already getting bad here. I've heard that tea tree oil and peppermint oil work well, anyone tried those and had good luck? Open to all suggestions. Thanks :)

Re: Mosquito/Bug Repellant

• Options
    Haven't tried this yet but someone sent me this and I figure it's worth a try!
  • Options
    @kaylerjean I saw this on Pinterest and I think I'm going to try it out. We're having a bbq tomorrow so I'll let you know if I have luck with it. I'm also ordering Skin So Soft from Avon a mommy friend of mine says it works with her LOs 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the type that will get 5 mosquito bites as soon as I've stepped outside, yay Arkansas lol. I've used skin so soft for a couple years and it works great. Best thing is it doesn't sting your legs after shaving. Avon also has a SSS bug repellent blend. I do have a friend allergic to it though. Last summer I tried doterra's terrashield blend diluted with coconut oil and it worked really well also. 

• Options
    I'm a big fan of Bug Soothe, it's a natural and locally made product but check out their website! Smells amazing, I spray it on everything including the dog when we're outside. Good luck!