Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In 3/11

2»

Re: Weekly Check In 3/11

• Congrats on the good news, @BernieRae !
  • Congrats @BernieRae!!  Exciting! My hubby wanted a boy and I wanted girl...I won the first round and he's now thinking he'd be totally A-ok with another girl. You're hubby will love having a daughter. 

@wyattnash00 you think just a year? lol I'm a tad worried because my daughter is seriously a "trick baby." You know the kind of kid that is a dream come true: doesn't throw major tantrums, not a picky eater, sleeps through the night, naps on cue if I put her in her crib, etc.  She's the kid that tricks you into having another because you think we'll get another JUST like this one! :smiley: And then you realize she's not the norm...and we'll probably get the tantrum kiddo who never sleeps and who has ear infection after ear infection, who hates food and spits up constantly. hehe. But really, I kid...I think you're probably right...first year will suck and we won't sleep AT ALL but then it should *should be smoother sailing. Cheers to that!

@redheadbride15 so glad i'm not alone in the BH post O...I mean, i'm not happy you get this too...but glad i'm not alone. Told hubby we can have sex again when our children go off to college LMAO

@sporty1216 I think it'll be worth the insanity for sure...we are just going to feel it in our bones a bit more than the 20-somethings. :neutral: 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Haaa!! I have a trick baby too @texafornian! I like the name:) tho he can be kind of a picky eater but in the scheme of things he's just chill and easy going. Naps/sleeps like a rockstar, I was 'complaining' to a girlfriend that it's been taking him almost 2 hrs to fall asleep at night for a few weeks, but he's just a happy little clam hangin in his crib. She almost hit me, ha. I'm coming to terms with the fact that this next baby will be a nightmare!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wyattnash00 said: I was 'complaining' to a girlfriend that it's been taking him almost 2 hrs to fall asleep at night for a few weeks, but he's just a happy little clam hangin in his crib. She almost hit me, ha. I'm coming to terms with the fact that this next baby will be a nightmare!
    My kiddo has spent the last three days (thanksnothanksdaylightsavings) chilling in her crib for an hour or so until her pre-DST bed time. I suppose a screaming child for that hour or two *would be worse! And yes, preparing  for the Tasmanian Devil with #2 but will be rooting for another sweet pea. Sending you juju for another trick baby as well...

**TW**
    Losses:
  • bgf1bgf1 member
    @Wyattnash00 and @Texafornian  my kids are 25 months apart.  What's great is that they are  playmates and friends and can share in the same fun and activities :). But it was seriously closer to two years of chaos.  All kids and families are different, but I have three or four friends with a similar  age gap who seem to have had a similar experience :). My kids will be 3.5 and 5.5 when this baby is born and it is only since Christmas that I do things like read the paper or eat breakfast and have coffee on the weekends in a civilized manner
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @bgf1 you get to read the paper!?! :wink: 
    I watch my hubby read his every morning (after he sleeps in might I add) and it makes me stabby as I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I figure i'll be in your boat when I'm about 45 or so...le sigh.

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Haaa @bfg1! I figure it will be years of insanity but at least if I make it through the first year I'm hoping I can see a little light! Plus looking any farther then that will drive me insane! And the added bonus is, once we make it through the first year, we're moving home and will be close to friends and family...thank heavens!
  • Yay for great results, @BernieRae !  

And @Texafornian and @Wyattnash00  , my first was also a 'trick' baby!  But then along came my second.  She's also a good sleeper , but otherwise the complete opposite of her sister.  She's loud, and demanding and tantruming, and bossy, but she's also a tiny comedien and I wouldn't trade her for a carbon copy of her sister in a minute.  She's just as amazing, even though she's challenging.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @BernieRae congrats on your good result and your sweet baby girl!!!

The rest of you are making me wish for a "trick baby" and also making me slightly nervous about my plan to try for #2 ASAP after my first is born. DH and I are both introverts who thrive off of our sleep and our quiet time - this is gonna be rough.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Aww, thanks @Sporty1216 ! That makes me feel so much better. I LOVE your perspective!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • That gives me hope @mollySm!  I don't know any two siblings that are the same and in the end I don't want a clone, it's the 'not' knowing what kind of child yours will be that gives me anxiety! I don't do well on little sleep
    either. And just to note my trick baby was up every 1-2 hrs for the first 5 months, so maybe he's not the perfect trick baby! Love your view @sporty1216!! I don't love people either but your baby isn't just anyone, it's you 2 against the world during those 'nonhours' in the middle of the night. Just makes you love that kid so much more. Last night hubs and I were going through all Wyatt photos and I honestly don't remember those early days, even into 5-6 months...probably the worlds way of helping you have another child ;)
  • @Sporty1216 hands down the BEST memories I have of my daughter are those 3am feedings. I might've felt like the walking dead but sitting with a nightlight in the dark and nursing her was like nothing else I've experienced. No one else could share those moments...just mom and baby.  Looking forward to that again (not necessarily the breasfeeding/pumping/no sleep part...but the alone moments). :blush: 

@MollySm I hope this little isn't a clone!  I just don't want giant curveballs thrown at me in terms of sleep or how to deal with colds etc...like @Wyattnash00 said, it's the fear of the unknown. But I can't wait to see how different (and similar) their little personalities are...

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Hooray! Glad everything went well, @CarrieandRoy! That's great news. It is nice that they sent the glucola home with you--much nicer to drink it and come in just when you need the blood drawn than to have to sit around and wait in the office. They probably said this, or someone else probably has, but I found it tastes better when chilled. :)
  • @CarrieandRoy wonderful news! Congratulations!
  • Congrats @CarrieandRoy ! And the glucose test isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.