Trouble TTC
Options

Basic Testing

DH and I have been discussing when we want to start seeing an RE and get the infertility testing done, get some answers. I've been doing some research and I'll start looking up REs, but I'd like to get your take on this. What are the basic tests for infertility? and then (If you care to share, I know it's different everywhere for different reasons but...) approximately how much did it all cost? How long did it take? Was it hard emotionally or any pain or discomfort involved? Please let me know, I'm super nervous about all this.  :s

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
TTC for 2 yrs.
One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
Two chemicals before TTC
Preparing for infertility testing

Best Answers

• Options
    lablover78lablover78 member
    Answer ✓
    We don't have insurance and a RE was running a special on testing for uninsured ppl. $600 for an HSG (mine was uncomfortable but everyone is different), semen analysis, day 3 (I think?) blood work - FSH, LH (I'm drawing a blank on the other level), it also included a ultrasound to count follicles.
    I just started seeing a different RE and she wanted me to get my AMH blood level tested. In AZ you can go to Theranos clinic in Walgreens and pay cash for a bunch of tests and that was $8- my RE recommended that to keep cost low. For $595 she will monitor a Clomid cycle (labs, 3 ultrasounds & a beta - hopefully!) 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...