January 2016 Moms
Options

What size clothes does your LO wear?

my little girl is 7 weeks. While she is a bit chunky (10lb12oz at 5 weeks) clothes fit weird. Her 0-3m onesies fit well in body but wont snap together around the diaper. Her 0-3m footed sleepers again fit in the body but the feet are tiny and don't fit. 3m fit well while 3-6 are big. What size are your babies in at what age?

Re: What size clothes does your LO wear?

• Options
    LO will be 9 weeks old tomorrow. She still fits in all of her newborn clothes, but depending on the brand, also wears 0-3 month clothes. The NB ones still fit her around...they're just too short. Baby girl is long and skinny. She was only 9lbs 2 oz. at her six week check up, which is in the 18th percentile. She's a good eater, just petite! I want her to grow so I can start putting her in her cuter clothes! Only the ones with elastic waists seem to fit her right now. I have the CUTEST pair of 0-3 month Seven jeans, but she's still swimming in them. They're going to be too short before they ever fit around her waist!
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    LO was over 11 lb at his month check up, at 6 weeks he can still squeeze into some 3 month onesies but most aren't long enough to snap. Pants are still ok! I just don't want to move into 6 month size already lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    We're in 0-3 but starting to out grow the length in the footie pjs. She's 30th percentile for weight but 70th for height!  
  • Options
    6 weeks and in 6 month onesies but 3 month pants and jackets. The pants are short but the 6 month pants are too loose. He's 38th percentile for weight, 98th for height. 
  • Options
    7 weeks, some newborn still just depends on brands of onesies. Pants I feel like she'll be in newborn forever. Some 0-3 onesies fit but they're all a bit baggy on her. I feel like her torso is long just not her legs lol 
  • Options
    6.5 weeks and still in newborn. I attempted to put these cute overalls that I got him on that are 0-3 but he was swimming in them. I was sad haha. 
  • Options
    6 weeks and he's in 3-6 month everything (6 month if it's carters). He was 99% for height and 95% for weight at his 1 month appt. 
  • Options
    8 weeks today! We're finally transitioning to 0-3 month, but some newborn still fits. She's like me and has a short torso with long legs! 
  • Options
    7 weeks and weighs 10lbs13oz. She is in the 70th percentile. She wears 3 months but they are all still baggy on her. Newborn is too short.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6 weeks and in 0-3 Carters. Anything not Carters he has grown out of. He actually doesn't even fit into the 3-6 month Gerber onesies. 
    Sleepers, I started bringing out the 3/6 months and they fit perfect. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Options
    8 weeks and weighs 8.5 pounds (preemie) and still wears newborn. Sleepers are starting to get snug but 0-3 is still big. 
  • Options
    10 weeks and he has been in 3-6 and alot of his are just 6 mth carter's. He's a big boy though.  98% for height. Totally different than daughter whom has never been out of the less than 5th% and she is 7! Lol
  • Options
    6 weeks and comfortable in 0-3, though I think we'll only get another week or two out of his footed PJs, they should make them longer! He was in newborn for a month, but now I'm worried we won't get to wear all the 0-3 we have until he moves up.
  • Options
    6 weeks and in 3-6mo. She's 75th % for height and 97th for weight. We can sometimes still squeeze her into 0-3 though.
  • Options
    9 weeks and LO is 10lb 4 oz , 90% for height , 20% for weight.   She's wearing O-3 she's way too tall for NB
  • Options
    6 weeks and he was 9lbs 4oz at his one month check up.  Most of the 0-3 months stuff fits perfectly, but some of the footy pjs are starting to get a little short.  I'm hoping he grows into the 6 months stuff soon since most of the 3 months outfits are fleece or otherwise really warm and it was 80 here today.  He's still swimming in all his  short sleeve stuff
  • Options
    4 weeks and in nb clothing. He is pretty skinny so he's still swimming in some nb pants. I actually had to make a trip to carter's to pick up some more nb outfits since I bought mostly 0-3 month clothing.
  • Options
    7.5 weeks and mostly six month clothes! Except pants, newborn or 0-3 work.  She is too long and skinny so pants fall right off but onesies don't snap.  Crazy! 
  • Options
    9 weeks and just moving into 3 -6 month clothes. He's 99th percentile on height and 91th on weight. He's a long boy with broad shoulders. No fat rolls or chunkiness about him. So clothes that are long enough are very baggy on the width. 
  • Options
    7.5 weeks and she fits into 0-3 and 3 month perfectly
  • Options
    Griffin is 12w today.  He weighs about 10lbs.  Officially he got weighed at his 2mo. appointment and he was 7.9. A month later and when I weigh myself on the scale and then put him into my arms it goes up about 9.5lbs. 

He is still wearing 0-3 in pretty much all brands.  Carters clothing he is wearing 3 months.  He can still fit into NB pants, but they are now too short on him.  He still has a skinny waist, so many of his 3 month pants don't fit him right. 
  • Options
    9 weeks and 13lb. She's in 3-6 month clothes but 6 month footies because she's really tall (99th%). 
  • Options
    LO is still in newborn, but she's only a month old and she hasn't gained much weight due to my low supply issues.  Really hoping she'll chunk up and grow out of newborn in a week or two!  :)
  • Options
    leap_frog said:
    6 weeks and in 0-3 Carters. Anything not Carters he has grown out of. He actually doesn't even fit into the 3-6 month Gerber onesies. 
    Sleepers, I started bringing out the 3/6 months and they fit perfect. 
    Yes! The Gerber onesies are ridiculously small! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    2 months, 9.6 lbs and she is right in between nb and 0-3. Her sleepers with feet in them are too short in nb and too long in 0-3. She's basically wearing the stuff in nb that ran a little big and stuff in 0-3 that runs a little small. 
  • Options
    8 weeks-almost 15 lbs and 98% for height also. It really depends on brand, carters he can do either 3 or 6 month, Gerber he's 3-6, and then there's a onesie my mom got from Costco that was a tight 12 month! Why can't they make one aspect of our lives easy and all be sized the same?!
  • Options
    DS was 15lbs at his 2 month. Both of my kids have been chunky from this age on. I find certain brands run small to us. Gerber, Gap, Children's place, Janie and Jack, and target I've always had to size up. Carters is really the only baby clothes brand that runs true until,24mo. For us at least. Otherwise DD was in 12-18 at 9mo. She was 19 lbs at that point but still. This LO seems to be getting huge fast too. I would go by the weight and length on the tag more than actual size 
  • Options
    @alisongem, that's exactly where we're at right now too. 2 months and kind of in between sizes. Was your baby a premie? Or just petite?? 
  • Options
    My son is 9 weeks and wears some 3 months, 3-6 months, and 6 months clothing.  It all depends on the brand.  Ferber onesies run really small he actually wears 6-9 month in those but the zip jammies run larger.  Carter onesies he is good with short sleeve onesie but need ) month long sleeve.  

• Options
    So I'm not sure how many have this problem or know about this product already, but my little gal fits 0-3m onesies in the body but I wont do up over the diaper. I guess she has a long torso. My friend was over yesterday and told me you can get extenders that go on the snaps ! They Were hard to find online, not sure if oshkosh/carters or babies r us has them but (if in canada) they were online from a baby boutique called cheeky monkey in london ont. $7.99 for a 3 pk. What a great idea! If you're handy you may be able to sew them too. 
  • Options
    My little girl is 10+2 and just switched to size 3-6 months 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    DS is 7 weeks today and we are starting to move into 6 month clothes  :o
  • Options
    cali1710 said:
    So I'm not sure how many have this problem or know about this product already, but my little gal fits 0-3m onesies in the body but I wont do up over the diaper. I guess she has a long torso. My friend was over yesterday and told me you can get extenders that go on the snaps ! They Were hard to find online, not sure if oshkosh/carters or babies r us has them but (if in canada) they were online from a baby boutique called cheeky monkey in london ont. $7.99 for a 3 pk. What a great idea! If you're handy you may be able to sew them too. 
    Same problem here!
    I actually ordered those from cheeky monkey (along with a Tula carrier...wooo!) buuuuuuuut they don't fit all the onesies. I guess the snap sizes can be different. Working well for the ones they fit though! 
  • Options
    DD is almost 6 weeks but is already too long for 3 month outfits. She's 95th percentile for length. Her weight is average, so like other pp dressing is her is a bit awkward. It's really her legs that are too long for the 3 month clothes.
  • Options
    Our son is 6 weeks and he can fit perfectly into his 6mo clothes :o . His 3mo fit in the body but are too short. He is 23 1/4 in and last weigh in last week was 11lb 9oz 
  • Options
    mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited April 2016
    It's been a while since this thread was active, but last night DH put LO in a sleeper I didn't recognize. He said he got it from the bottom drawer-- the 6-month sleepers!!! LO will be 11 weeks tomorrow. Are yours shifting sizes too? 
  • Options
    Yes. Last week when DS turned 9 weeks we had to move up to the 3-6 month size clothes. 
  • Options
    My LO is 12 weeks and weighs 16 pounds and is 25" long. She's in size 3 diapers and for now 3-6 month clothes, but they just fit. Have a feeling we will move up sizes really soon. 
  • Options
    At 12 weeks, LO can still wear some onesies, but pants and sleepers are too short in the 0-3 months. She outgrew the feet of sleepers first. We also can't wear a lot of socks marked 0-6 months. I guess she's got big feet!
  • Options
    Mine has outgrown all his 0-3 sleepers, but almost all his pants are still too long.  Doesn't make any sense.